Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Pls. help me find a gym in or near Ortigas

Do you know one? Sa Ortigas or mlapit.. Ung hndi nman kasing mahal ng Gold's Gym, slimmers and ftness 1st...

Comments

• joinsung03 wrote: »
    Do you know one? Sa Ortigas or mlapit.. Ung hndi nman kasing mahal ng Gold's Gym, slimmers and ftness 1st...

Weeeeelllll.....we are a 2nd generation Fitness Center on Shaw Blvd that is within days of our official opening where we'll be 24 hours. You can't get much closer to Ortigas than that without actually being in Ortigas....and we pass the savings in rent onto you ;)

In short, the branch there is about 800sqm, newly renovated, very spacious and efficient, and has 5 star locker rooms and other amenities (mens lockers are usable, womens should be done tomorrow). The next couple of weeks they'll be focusing on the detail of the place like the exterior, entrance, etc, but the main area is basically complete and usable for the most part. We are just adding a few more safety cages (7 more to be exact) and making adjustments on the LCD tv's, a few treadmills, and women's private area. Classes will be taught by private instructors or schools like New Breed Academy, the mixed-martial arts school (boxing, kick-boxing, BJJ, etc).

We are a new concept of facility that focuses more on strength and conditioning (the fastest way to lose fat and tone your body) and currently are training nearly a dozen PBA/PBL and National level swimmers at that location. We also have the latest state-of-the-art cardio equipment if that is your fix, and plenty of it. We train both men and women, and many of our members and Coaches post on this forum.

For more info, read the thread on this forum and check our website. We'll have training videos and pics on there shortly. You have the option of bringing your own trainer, hiring one of our Coaches, or just following one of our programs that we provide for free after a few orientation sessions that teach you how to be self-sufficient. You can ask a Coach questions at any point of your membership as well.
  • Don't forget to keep your health card handy.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    magnox wrote: »
    Don't forget to keep your health card handy.

And you need to keep your employment card ready...

Why do you even bother to post here when you don't even positively contribute at all??

People already know you are nothing but a hack
  • magnox wrote: »

Irrelevant as usual, Mr. Men's Health Advisor.

A lesson to everyone, never ask a so-called trainer to come to your gym with his clients just because he works for a magazine. You might be in for a rude awakening like above.

Do you still make Php900 per month to write your drivel for them? Even Php900 is overpaying someone of your "talent", or lack thereof.

To joinsung03, please excuse the Men's Health advisor. His mind is not well. I even wrote to Men's Health about it since I don't want to choose sides in the magazine wars since we write for over 5 magazines now (and they badly need more help), but they choose to do nothing about him or if they are, they move too slow. He is a glorious example of why you are wise to research before you join a gym. Satisfied members will tell the tale and not pot-bellied doofuses who make their clients regress in their training. In short, if an instructor doesn't at least work out themselves, keep shopping...and no, lifting an unloaded bar to demonstrate form doesn't count. My 90lbs female trainees can do twice that weight (80lbs for the official bar x 2) for the same movement like the snatch for 70 reps in 15 minutes. Magnox cannot do the same. If he could, he wouldn't look like Buddah.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    magnox wrote: »

Oh I forgot to add, don't forget to keep your wallet and insurance ready... for damaging property and not paying for it.
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to add, don't forget to keep your wallet and insurance ready... for damaging property and not paying for it.

Oh yea I totally forgot about that! His inability to teach his athlete how to drop a bar after a sloppy Olympic lift did break our mirror! Arrggh. And to think that I let it go. I'm too trusting and forgiving, as usual. Well, hindsight is 20/20. We will never make the mistake of letting a Men's Health hack inside our hallowed halls again. It's better he let him break a mirror than break his head by dropping a bar on it, and he allowed his guy to come within an inch of that on several occassions since he didn't teach the guy how to use enough chalk.