Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Do Green Teas/ Iced Green Teas Work in losing weight?

People keep telling me to drink Iced Green Teas/ or those Lipton Tea Bags (hot tea), to lose weight.

Effective ba?

I've lost weight before na with Hydroxicut and boxing/running everyday. But this time, i want to do it the healthy way.

Thanks.

Comments

• hi... it may HELP. green tea alone can't let you lose weight. kelangan my exercise din.

healthy way? healthy naman ang boxing ang running ha? diba?

Good Luck!! :)
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    Bottled green tea, especially C2, has that "detox" effect, which gives you the impression that you're slimming down. Kaya ang dalas kong bilhin yun eh.
  • ^C2? You gotta be kidding, those kind of stuff is full of sugar so don't expect to lose weight or even "detox" :P
  • vAleR wrote: »
    hi... it may HELP. green tea alone can't let you lose weight. kelangan my exercise din.

healthy way? healthy naman ang boxing ang running ha? diba?

Good Luck!! :)

hi vAleR: yeah, boxing and running's really healthy. i use to weigh 200 lbs, tapos naging 145 lbs nalang.. but now, i'm gaining again because of lack of exercise.

But i'm back. i'm running, and exercising again. But i want (apart from my exercise) to be healthy in everything that i'm doing. I've cut down the fat and oil in my diet, and i'm eating white meat.

But i wanna do something about the beverages i drink. I've heard stories on green teas or iced tea helping. But of course, Tea alone isn't enough.

You recommend a particular brand? or a method of drinking it?
  • Bottled green tea, especially C2, has that "detox" effect, which gives you the impression that you're slimming down. Kaya ang dalas kong bilhin yun eh.

--> c2? effective ba talaga? ayoko ng "impression that you're slimming down" hehe. gusto ko nag wo-work.

--> may roon din naman Lipton Tea Bags, and Ice Teas... parang mas credible yun.
  • just a thought that i have to post! I've heard that green tea can help you relax....

Have you ever been in a situation where there's so much chaos in the work place and suddenly, boom! you need a place of retreat?

If alcohol can give you that place of tranquility, can these [ice tea, tea] drinks do the same?

hmm.. makes me think!?
  • kLes02BattousaikLes02Battousai PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Except water..

Ano pa mga ok na inumin sa nag papaliit ng tiyan?? Kahit ba ung green na C2 hindi makakatulong sa pag papaliit ng tiyan?
  • If I do have tea, it's the real thing by boiling tea leaves. Other alternatives could be the ones in tea bags like Lipton green tea. C2 has refined sugar in its ingredients so don't take it. Peace.
  • skuidwardskuidward PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Go for the real green tea. Tataba ka lang lalo sa mga bottled ice green/white tea.

One serving(240mL) of C2 apple contains 27g of sugar and One White Tea Apple contains 25g of sugar. Drinking a whole 500mL bottle of any of the two is like putting 50-52+g or roughly 10 teaspoons of sugar in your body.
    ^C2? You gotta be kidding, those kind of stuff is full of sugar so don't expect to lose weight or even "detox" :P

Actually, One Tea has more sugar (as much as 37g). I buy the regular C2 (that's around 14g, huge difference). I don't like Lite because of the artificial sweeteners.
  • hi vAleR: yeah, boxing and running's really healthy. i use to weigh 200 lbs, tapos naging 145 lbs nalang.. but now, i'm gaining again because of lack of exercise.

But i'm back. i'm running, and exercising again. But i want (apart from my exercise) to be healthy in everything that i'm doing. I've cut down the fat and oil in my diet, and i'm eating white meat.

But i wanna do something about the beverages i drink. I've heard stories on green teas or iced tea helping. But of course, Tea alone isn't enough.

You recommend a particular brand? or a method of drinking it?

ahh okie po... gets! :D

nga po pala... be sure your taking the good fats din. not all fats are bad... merong fat na nakaktulong sa heart mo... i advice not cutting all the foods you eat. kasi hirap magmaintain. yung bang habang buhay ganun nalang po yung takbo ng buhay mo. di ka makakain ng ganito ganyan kasi bawal. ang key jan is take everything in moderation. kasi ako nagcut din po ako dati ng fat sa diet ko. nung tumigil ako kasi bakasyon eh hehe, ang bilis nakabalik ng lbs na nawala sa akin. tumaba ulit ako. compared ngayon. as in ngayon. bakasyon ngayon tumigil ako maggym ang pagkain ko everything in moderation chinecheck ko lagi ang weight ko ganun pa rin.

about green tea naman po. yung lipton green tea ang gamit ko eh.. kahit ano naman pwede. tapos inumin mo lang sya tulad ng paginom mo sa regular na tea. nasa sa iyo na yung kung gusto mo lagyan ng sugar or not.

tapos last advice be close to nature. yun bang piliin mo ang brown rice kesa sa white. mga ganun. avoid refined products. mga puro preservatives. like hotdog canned products,etc. pag kakain ka ng carbohydrates. piliin nyo yung hi fiber. para mas healthy. accdg lang sa mga nabasa ko po at exprience ko. don't forget also na kahit di kayo nageexercise be sure na active kayo everyday.

good luck po! good luck din sa akin! hehehe... kasi sa jun. magstart na ulit ako ng program ko ulit to lose yung natitira ko pa pong lbs... sana po nakatulong lahat ng sinabi ko thanks! :)
  • That's great to know you want to do it the healthy way..now you check this site: http://wellnessforme.multiply.com/journal/item/3
  • Actually, One Tea has more sugar (as much as 37g). I buy the regular C2 (that's around 14g, huge difference). I don't like Lite because of the artificial sweeteners.

they're basically all the same as long as there's sugar in it. Regardless of the amount. Hello? :rotflmao:

Stick to drinking natural teas!
  • Yuki_CrossYuki_Cross PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yup. mas maganda po ang natural green tea kaysa dun sa bottled like C2.. tRY niyo po yung Twinings brand
    they're basically all the same as long as there's sugar in it. Regardless of the amount. Hello? :rotflmao:

Stick to drinking natural teas!

There's still a difference when it comes to amounts.

I mean, you still need sugar, just not too much.
  • waters the bess! ;)
  • c2 EnVidiA L-kaRniTinZ, zUgHar FrI dHiN!
  • mark_markmark_mark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meron nang C2 envidia.
  • archer_dude13archer_dude13 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    It can aid but don't rely too much on it.

You're eating habits and proper training will get you the weight that you desire.
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It does to a very very very little extent. Diet and exercise is still the key. Or the totality of it all. (early warm ups, tabata, coffee, tea, diet etc etc)