Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Entrance Test In Csb

Comments

• Ang mahirap talaga sa csb exam eh maraming pilosopo dito pero hindi naman lahat ng sinasabi eh totoo. What may be simple for you may not be as complicated as your potshots. Anyway, our products speak for themselves. Dahil paglabas mo ng college, pare-parehas lang lahat tayo. :D

hey, why drag me down to your level? and how do you explain companies' preference to graduates of certain universities?
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hey, why drag me down to your level? and how do you explain companies' preference to graduates of certain universities?

It's an old practice that has never flourished. School affiliation is just one of the factors to consider in getting in. The question is, does everyone practice it in the Information Age? I'm afraid you have to back up your claims first before you post more hasty generalizations here.

Perhaps I should enlighten you on this myth beyond college life, and that is not everyone can get inside a certain company through school affinity. Transcripts are the keys to everyone's success. Not your school. Hell, even some products from the Visayas and Mindanao region are more qualified than your average product from the top schools. :glee:

When I worked as an OJT trainee in the HR dept of BPI Ayala years ago, I saw for myself the results of their entrance exams for applicants. Sad to say, the university preferences were irrelevant. I was kinda disappointed with the results of other applicants who came not only from the top schools but from a sister school. So please, spare me the crap of how you belittle such exams like ours. Like I said, it might be easy for everyone but for some reason, some of us do get the jobs that we want but not all the time as we leave the campus.

Same thing for the other products of top universities. Some opted to take up other courses where the big bucks are made and they can go abroad and earn more because it don't mean sh|t when you work outside the country. So if you think our entrance test is a walk in the park, then I suggest you look beyond what you perceive to be an accepted truth about us. And there's nothing trivial there.

And that's how it is in the real world. :D
  • It's an old practice that has never flourished. School affiliation is just one of the factors to consider in getting in. The question is, does everyone practice it in the Information Age? I'm afraid you have to back up your claims first before you post more hasty generalizations here.

Perhaps I should enlighten you on this myth beyond college life, and that is not everyone can get inside a certain company through school affinity. Transcripts are the keys to everyone's success. Not your school. Hell, even some products from the Visayas and Mindanao region are more qualified than your average product from the top schools. :glee:

When I worked as an OJT trainee in the HR dept of BPI Ayala years ago, I saw for myself the results of their entrance exams for applicants. Sad to say, the university preferences were irrelevant. I was kinda disappointed with the results of other applicants who came not only from the top schools but from a sister school. So please, spare me the crap of how you belittle such exams like ours. Like I said, it might be easy for everyone but for some reason, some of us do get the jobs that we want but not all the time as we leave the campus.

Same thing for the other products of top universities. Some opted to take up other courses where the big bucks are made and they can go abroad and earn more because it don't mean sh|t when you work outside the country. So if you think our entrance test is a walk in the park, then I suggest you look beyond what you perceive to be an accepted truth about us. And there's nothing trivial there.

And that's how it is in the real world. :D

on the contrary, it's still flourishing coz it's still being practiced. not everybody's practicing it, but some are, even explicitly saying in their ads that they prefer up, ateneo, and la salle graduates. though i have to agree with you that school affiliation is just one factor. an average-graded ateneo graduate will more or less be preferred over up's goat, ceteris paribus.

kaya nga wala akong masyadong loyalty sa university na pinanggalingan ko eh. not so diehard proud grad, basta nakagraduate from a university with a universal environment. many experiences, many kinds of people to interact with from different educational, cultural, and <insert abstract noun here>al backgrounds.

about the things you saw as an ojt, maybe a chi-square test would be helpful.

about getting a job, have you heard about connections? pulling strings? inside information? or do you still think it's a level playing field?

"Some opted to take up other courses where the big bucks are made and they can go abroad and earn more because it don't mean sh|t when you work outside the country." huh? seryodso ka or typo ito? coz it does mean a lot of s-h-i-t when you work outside the country. in fact, jan nga lumalabas yung yabang eh, di ba, intel facilities manager-turned-bruneiyuki-for-second-shot-at-philandering?

i dont think "your" entrance test is a walk in the park, it's a doze at home.

or perhaps "your" entrance test is really hard, that you have to be dumb enough to pass (reminds me of someone 'graduating with flying colors', whatever that means. ayaw pang sabihing laude eh).:bop: :bop:
    on the contrary, it's still flourishing coz it's still being practiced. not everybody's practicing it, but some are, even explicitly saying in their ads that they prefer up, ateneo, and la salle graduates. though i have to agree with you that school affiliation is just one factor. an average-graded ateneo graduate will more or less be preferred over up's goat, ceteris paribus.

Well I'm glad you cleared things up for everyone here. I thought you were just sarcastic and ill-mannered at the same time. :glee:
    kaya nga wala akong masyadong loyalty sa university na pinanggalingan ko eh. not so diehard proud grad, basta nakagraduate from a university with a universal environment. many experiences, many kinds of people to interact with from different educational, cultural, and <insert abstract noun here>al backgrounds.

And I'm glad you enlightened us with your loyalty, so why poke on a "doze at home" exam like ours? To malign my school because it don't mean sh|t to you or are you just trying to prove something about yourself?
    about the things you saw as an ojt, maybe a chi-square test would be helpful.

Which reminds me, do you happen to find a recent comparison of top school grads getting in through transcripts over school affiliation?
    about getting a job, have you heard about connections? pulling strings? inside information? or do you still think it's a level playing field?

Of course there are connections involved, but I think the playing field is evolving too. More substance is what I see but old habits die hard for managers who risk getting the wrong people for the job, and it's their loss anyways if it hits the fan.
    "Some opted to take up other courses where the big bucks are made and they can go abroad and earn more because it don't mean sh|t when you work outside the country." huh? seryodso ka or typo ito? coz it does mean a lot of s-h-i-t when you work outside the country. in fact, jan nga lumalabas yung yabang eh, di ba, intel facilities manager-turned-bruneiyuki-for-second-shot-at-philandering?

It don't mean sh|t, meaning your diploma from the top 3 schools won't mean a thing if your school is not affiliated with some companies or a foreign school. There is the real connection involved and it's not because daddy's kumpare's kabit has something to do with it.
    i dont think "your" entrance test is a walk in the park, it's a doze at home.

Well good for you, and if you happen to make other suggestions, please send it through the school entrance exams department.
    or perhaps "your" entrance test is really hard, that you have to be dumb enough to pass (reminds me of someone 'graduating with flying colors', whatever that means. ayaw pang sabihing laude eh).

Now now, we don't need to be sarcastic, your brutal truth would suffice, even if it's an exaggeration of the obvious flaws in the system. Don't worry, I'm sincerely hoping they will improve in that area. :evil_lol:
  • 1. ..So why poke on a "doze at home" exam like ours? To malign my school because it don't mean sh|t to you or are you just trying to prove something about yourself?

2. ..do you happen to find a recent comparison of top school grads getting in through transcripts over school affiliation?

3. It don't mean sh|t, meaning your diploma from the top 3 schools won't mean a thing if your school is not affiliated with some companies or a foreign school.

4. Well good for you, and if you happen to make other suggestions, please send it through the school entrance exams department.

5. Now now, we don't need to be sarcastic, your brutal truth would suffice, even if it's an exaggeration of the obvious flaws in the system. Don't worry, I'm sincerely hoping they will improve in that area. :evil_lol:

1. poke at your school? coz it's true! malign your school coz it dont mean s-h-i-t to me? quite the contrary. your school serves as a reminder to me that im very fortunate with the choices me and my parents did concerning my education. malign your school coz im trying to prove something about myself? im always trying to prove something about myself, one of which is that im very capable. but i dont see any need to prove that to benilde.

2. that's not my prerogative. and i dont know of any similar study. the point is you could have used a chi-square test to statistically validate your conclusions. publish if you want. this reminds me of a senior social science thesis where the number-crunching got ugly coz of some made-up formulae which seem to make sense but are not statistically sound.

3. well the university where i graduated from isnt necessarily affiliated (formally i might add) with the institution im working for right now. so is my soon-to-be colleague. how do you explain that?

4. actually i did. but theyre not to keen on listening, not even acknowledging receipt of the message.

5. exaggeration? tell that to the examinees themselves!
    1. poke at your school? coz it's true! malign your school coz it dont mean s-h-i-t to me? quite the contrary. your school serves as a reminder to me that im very fortunate with the choices me and my parents did concerning my education. malign your school coz im trying to prove something about myself? im always trying to prove something about myself, one of which is that im very capable. but i dont see any need to prove that to benilde.

Your version of the truth is subjective and I don't agree with everything that you say about my school. Poking can be so much fun if you are inspired to see a school of less substance than your own which is again subjective. And you're from what school?
    2. that's not my prerogative. and i dont know of any similar study. the point is you could have used a chi-square test to statistically validate your conclusions. publish if you want. this reminds me of a senior social science thesis where the number-crunching got ugly coz of some made-up formulae which seem to make sense but are not statistically sound.

So does this mean you don't have anything to validate your own conclusions about the csb test?
    3. well the university where i graduated from isnt necessarily affiliated (formally i might add) with the institution im working for right now. so is my soon-to-be colleague. how do you explain that?

Talent and charisma I guess, oh I forgot the diploma! Of course there are exceptions that prove the rule. And I guess it all boils down to what you got in your transcript and how you seduced the HR manager. Other than that, it's generally accepted that not everyone from the top 3 schools will enter your institution or any other company that offers a higher pay because they prefer to be entrepreneurs, managing the family business, and joining politics. Oh and the line to the top is short but sweet. ;)
    4. actually i did. but theyre not to keen on listening, not even acknowledging receipt of the message.

Perhaps you should post more information here about the exams that should show them how you rate the exams. Maybe that can knock some sense in the administration. I've been ranting here about my school and sometimes it works because they read and react. :D
    5. exaggeration? tell that to the examinees themselves!

And you're referring to how many examinees? Numbers do add up you know.
  • Your version of the truth is subjective and I don't agree with everything that you say about my school. Poking can be so much fun if you are inspired to see a school of less substance than your own which is again subjective. And you're from what school?

So does this mean you don't have anything to validate your own conclusions about the csb test?

Talent and charisma I guess, oh I forgot the diploma! Of course there are exceptions that prove the rule. And I guess it all boils down to what you got in your transcript and how you seduced the HR manager. Other than that, it's generally accepted that not everyone from the top 3 schools will enter your institution or any other company that offers a higher pay because they prefer to be entrepreneurs, managing the family business, and joining politics. Oh and the line to the top is short but sweet. ;)

Perhaps you should post more information here about the exams that should show them how you rate the exams. Maybe that can knock some sense in the administration. I've been ranting here about my school and sometimes it works because they read and react. :D

And you're referring to how many examinees? Numbers do add up you know.

school of less substance, which is subjective? so you mean to say the university rankings are subjective?

you don't have anything to validate your own conclusions about the csb test either, if that's what you're saying.

exceptions that prove the rule.. hmm contradictory. i didnt know the HR manager can be seduced. of course it's generally accepted that not everyone from the top 3 schools will enter "my" institution or any other company that offers a higher pay because <they prefer to be entrepreneurs, managing the family business, and joining politics.> OF FREEDOM OF CHOICE! who are you kidding?

"Oh and the line to the top is short but sweet." - this is the co?o line

numbers do add up you know, but the majority isnt always right. and then there were the ones who abstained.

try again.
    school of less substance, which is subjective? so you mean to say the university rankings are subjective?

Of course it's subjective if you are using the national rankings. When in fact, we rank lower in Asia and in the world. Such a petty excuse to show superiority if you ask me. Same talangka mentality that keeps us swimming nowhere. :D
    you don't have anything to validate your own conclusions about the csb test either, if that's what you're saying.

So I guess we have nothing to validate but throw mockeries and insinuations of superior intellect, if that's what you're saying.
    exceptions that prove the rule.. hmm contradictory. i didnt know the HR manager can be seduced. of course it's generally accepted that not everyone from the top 3 schools will enter "my" institution or any other company that offers a higher pay because <they prefer to be entrepreneurs, managing the family business, and joining politics.> OF FREEDOM OF CHOICE! who are you kidding?

It's not contradictory actually, it's reality for everyone. That not everyone gets in, some of the best ones are not satisfied with the pay, and some people prefer to use whatever leverage that they can, but it's not as easy you may be trying to prove. It's the exception that proves the rule that not everyone is using their diploma or transcript to get in. Or maybe the HR manager wasn't seductive enough for you? ;)
    "Oh and the line to the top is short but sweet." - this is the co?o line

I never knew that as a conyo line? Takes one to know one? :teehee:
    numbers do add up you know, but the majority isnt always right. and then there were the ones who abstained.

try again.

We can rebuke all year long about this and no proof has been presented to show your version of the truth that majority isn't always right so I say to you too, try again. :smokin:
  • bwahaha

i miss school! especially now that mma has a new building!

logo01a.gif
  • wow may nagtanong lang tungkol sa entrance exam sa csb napunta kung saan-saan yung usapan...

pano po yung exam para sa trasnferees? mahirap po ba?
  • hehe onga eh. naging debate lol!

Kahit anong sabihin nila I still love my school! Hay... 1 term na lang ako mamimiss ko csb.. :(

go MMA!
  • Ok lang yan. May nag TAP OUT na. :glee:
  • 1. Of course it's subjective if you are using the national rankings.

2. So I guess we have nothing to validate but throw mockeries and insinuations of superior intellect, if that's what you're saying.

3. It's not contradictory actually, it's reality for everyone. That not everyone gets in, some of the best ones are not satisfied with the pay, and some people prefer to use whatever leverage that they can, but it's not as easy you may be trying to prove. It's the exception that proves the rule that not everyone is using their diploma or transcript to get in. Or maybe the HR manager wasn't seductive enough for you? ;)

4. I never knew that as a conyo line? Takes one to know one? :teehee:

5. We can rebuke all year long about this and no proof has been presented to show your version of the truth that majority isn't always right so I say to you too, try again. :smokin:

1. how can you say that the national rankings are subjective as opposed to regional and international rankings? what's wrong with the methodology within this country?

2. yes, because for one thing, am i kidding myself or is everybody here in this forum a think tank with the most comprehensive database on philippine universities?

3. are you trying to confuse me with this one? or are you just trying to insert the line 'exception that proves the rule'?

4. well you certainly don't know me

5. how about presidential elections? you think the popular vote is trying to say that our elected president is the right person for the job?
    1. how can you say that the national rankings are subjective as opposed to regional and international rankings? what's wrong with the methodology within this country?

That's weird, I thought we were over this subject? What's wrong with the methodology of this country? The answer lies in the quality of education of this country and how it fairs with the other countries in this region. ;)
    2. yes, because for one thing, am i kidding myself or is everybody here in this forum a think tank with the most comprehensive database on philippine universities?

Well you started with the "numbers game" and tried to pull my school down remember?
    3. are you trying to confuse me with this one? or are you just trying to insert the line 'exception that proves the rule'?

I must be inserting something you can't possibly fathom? :lol:
    4. well you certainly don't know me

As much as you don't know me either. But I can sense sweeping generalizations a mile away. ;)
    5. how about presidential elections? you think the popular vote is trying to say that our elected president is the right person for the job?

So what does popularity votes got to do with school reputation? Now you're confusing yourself. :glee:
  • @AltarBoy^_^, dude talk to a wall: you're just jumbling words man.
  • altar:wag mo ng patulan hahahaha
    @AltarBoy^_^, dude talk to a wall: you're just jumbling words man.

Well I can't help it if you're throwing bricks. I know, let's play boggle! :silly: :laugh: :glee:
  • /\ hehe naubusan tuloy. :glee:
    Text RAMBOL na lang! :silly: :rotflmao:
  • Any tips about the Entrance Test for Tranferees?

:)