COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

H1B visa Sponsorship

Hi guys! Know any employer in the West Coast (particulary in CA and TX area) who's willing to sponsor for H1B visa (work permit) for Non-US citizens? Doesn't matter if it's just entry level (non medical and non-IT background). I know this is too broad but I just want to get an idea if any of you have experience changing status from tourist to work visa here in the US and where (in terms of location) is it easier to look for a sponsor. Thanks!

Comments

• gentlereadergentlereader Member PExer
    H1B

The earliest date for which a petitioner may file a petition requesting FY 2008 H-1B employment with an employment start date of October 1, 2007, is April 1, 2007.

The deadline is when the visacap has already been reached.

Filing H1B Applications for Fiscal Year 2008

The fiscal year 2008 H1B cap begins October 1, 2007. The earliest an employer can file an H1B application for an October 1, 2007 start date is April 1, 2007. That date is fast approaching. Last year, the USCIS received a heavy volume of H1B applications between April 1st, 2006 and the end of May 2006. The regular cap of 65,000 visas were exhausted by the end of May 2006. The second cap of 20,000 visas for persons with advanced U.S. degrees lasted until mid-July 2006.

Each year, the allotted number of H1B visas seems to be snapped up faster and faster. 2007 is no exception, as the fiscal year 2007 quota of 65,000 has been reached, four months before the October 1, 2006 start of FY 2007.

In Fiscal Year 2006, the quota for the H-1B visa was reached in August 2005.

Employers can start applying for the H-1B visa on April 1, 2007 for Fiscal Year 2008 (NOTE: the H-1B cap has been reached for FY 2007; petitions for FY 2008 will be accepted beginning 02 April, 2007 - because April 01 is a sunday). They can start working October 2008
  • SuPeR_MaNSuPeR_MaN Member PExer
    yzus,

You should know the consequences of changing status from B1/B2 visa to an H1B visa. It's true that it's easier to do such but if this happens, you might not be able to go back to the Philippines for a certain period until such time time that you get your Legal Permanent Resident status. Why? It is because you violated your B1/B2 visa that you looked for a job and found one, you have the dual intention. B1/B2 visa is not a dual-intent visa. This is a loophole that is overlooked most of the time, because, you're technically in Legal Status. Remember that USCIS offices in the US does not issue sticker-type visas on passports so you'll only be given a stamp on your passport that you're on an H1B.

Of course you can go home, but the problem will occur when you go back to the US and the immigration officer at the port of entry will deny you entry because you violated your B1/B2 visa and they'll say that you go back to the Philippines and apply for the sticker-type visa which will take quite some time and of course the possibility of being denied.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you get your green card first before going home.
  • yayeeyayee happily pink PExer
    H1B

The earliest date for which a petitioner may file a petition requesting FY 2008 H-1B employment with an employment start date of October 1, 2007, is April 1, 2007.

Employers can start applying for the H-1B visa on April 1, 2007 for Fiscal Year 2008 (NOTE: the H-1B cap has been reached for FY 2007; petitions for FY 2008 will be accepted beginning 02 April, 2007 - because April 01 is a sunday). They can start working October 2008

hi! thanks for the info. However, Im confused on those parts I quoted above.. On the first you said FY2008 has employement start date of Oct 1,2007... On the second sentence, FY2008 can start working October 2008?..
    In case, one will be given approval for the FY 2008, what's the earliest date they can start working in US?

thanks. :)
  • SuPeR_MaNSuPeR_MaN Member PExer
    yayee,

Ang start ng FY2008 is October 1, 2007. Kung makahanap ka ng employer tapos mai-file yung application mo on April 2, 2007 at ma-approve ito, the earliest date that you can start in the US is October 1, 2007. It means, pumasok ka sa 2008 quota ng H1B.
  • dogidogi << hard wire >> PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yung H1B visa ko ay na approved ng 2nd week of October, 2006. Pag ganyan ba pwede na pala dapat akong mag trabaho ng Oct 1st 2006 kahit on process pa?
    SuPeR_MaN wrote: »
    yayee,

Ang start ng FY2008 is October 1, 2007. Kung makahanap ka ng employer tapos mai-file yung application mo on April 2, 2007 at ma-approve ito, the earliest date that you can start in the US is October 1, 2007. It means, pumasok ka sa 2008 quota ng H1B.

thanks for the info superman! I was informed by the agency that our papers will be filed this April 2, then, once approved, we will wait for 6 to 8 months for the interview, so I assumed, it's possible that we can start working this year in US..

tagal na ksing pending ng papers ko sa agency,,, but matagal raw talaga pag working so antay lang ako.. :)
    dogi wrote: »
    Yung H1B visa ko ay na approved ng 2nd week of October, 2006. Pag ganyan ba pwede na pala dapat akong mag trabaho ng Oct 1st 2006 kahit on process pa?

ask ko lang, you already have your h1b visa? di ba basta meron na, puede nang umalis agad to work abroad?... what do u mean on process pa?
    yayee wrote: »
    ask ko lang, you already have your h1b visa? di ba basta meron na, puede nang umalis agad to work abroad?... what do u mean on process pa?

Last year yung binabanggit ko. Kasi na approved yung visa ko 2nd week of October last year. Di ko kasi alam na pwede na pala mag work as H1B status on the 1st day of October, based sa post sa taas. Naghintay pa ako hanggang ma approved (2nd week).
    Current Cap Count for Non-Immigrant Worker Visas for Fiscal Year 2007

Fiscal year 2007 visa cap has been reached May 26, 2006

Click link above for more information.
    US employers may begin applying for the H-1B visa six months before the actual start date of the visa. Since the beginning of the FY 2007 is October 1, 2006, employers can apply as soon as April 1, 2006 for the FY 2007 cap, but the beneficiary cannot start work until October 1st.
    May balitang na reach agad ang quota ng h1b application in 2 days.
  • KhryssKhryss Member PExer
    hi guys. i would like to know about this H1B visa. what are the requirements needed except for the Job offer from the employer. and also how many percent is the assurance that you can get one once you've completed the papers. Can you give me some insite on this matter?
  • ferdierubioferdierubio Member PExer
    Hi khryss, yes if you have all the required documents, accredited educational/work experience evaluation, documents of your employer then that would be enough for you to gamble your application in USCIS. Just this year 2008, during the first day of submission there was 150K applicants for a 65K mandated H1b cap. Now, USCIS will conduct a lottery system for this 150K applicants which they would only get 65K. :lol:
  • blaze.femmeblaze.femme Member PExer
    tanong lang po, mahirap ba kumuha ng h1b sa singapore as an EP, kesa sa Pinas? ano mga questions?
  • dwendedwende little people PExer
    i think you will have the same chances as the ones in the philippines kung mag lo-lottery system ulet ang pag bigay ng h1b.

sakit siguro nun kung every year ndi ka napipili sa lottery.
    unfair naman nun kasi one year na naman hihintayin mo for the next openning.
  • ^yeah mahirap talaga yun.. kasi its like 2 years or more ang processing ng working visa mo... and by the time na ipa-process na sa manila ang application mo, pag tripper ang consul, iisipin nya na by that time dapat nakahanap na ng US Citizen or Immigrant ang employer mo para sa position na pinipetition ka.

so just pray.

:D
  • meteorameteora California Guy PExer
    tanong lang po, mahirap ba kumuha ng h1b sa singapore as an EP, kesa sa Pinas? ano mga questions?

i don't know what you meant by EP?
    Anyway, when I got my H1 for a NJ, USA work, my point of origin is from Singapore and I can say the process was definitely fast. That was way back then..I'm not sure if it's still the same...
  • sevenbluessevenblues Member PExer
    Hi anyone who can help me a company to sponsor a working visa? My mom, brother and gf are already in CA. I only have a 10-year B1/B2 visa. I'm an IT professional. Hope someone can really help me. Thanks!
  • chocoLatte12chocoLatte12 gUrL_pOwErd PExer
    same tayo sevenblues.. i also have a 10-year b1/b2 visa and an IT professional.. i was planning to visit the states next year to look for potential employers.. may risk pala.. :-s
  • sevenbluessevenblues Member PExer
    hi i just got my offer letter from a US company. here are my questions:
    - what will be our next step, i believe they need to apply for an H!B visa for me.
    - abot pa ba ko sa April 1 filing ng application
    - ano kailangan kong docs na prepare at kelan ito kailangan
    - how much gastos dito
    - if ever di ako umabot sa h1b visa filing or di nabunot sa lottery, may iba pa bang option
    - pede kayang pumunta muna ko sa US as tourist since may 10 year B1/B2 visa ko (though i think its illegal to work pa)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file