Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Pension Plans, Good or Bad

IGXIGX PEx Rookie ⭐
I'm thinking of getting a pension plan for myself, either Sunlife or Philamlife.

My question is, is it worth it? I read a proposal and if you preterminate your contract, you only get like 20% of the premiums.

Thanks

Comments

• business_guybusiness_guy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    IGX wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a pension plan for myself, either Sunlife or Philamlife.

My question is, is it worth it? I read a proposal and if you preterminate your contract, you only get like 20% of the premiums.

Thanks

Pension plans is actually very important to us. Kasi whether we like it or not, lahat tayo tatanda, and of course, big chances na mawalan tayo ng source of income when we're very old, so better secure your future as early as possible, the younger your age, expect lower premiums. Premiums comes with life and accident insurance, so your pension is not only to secure your future, but to protect yourself upon paying your premiums (life and/or accident insurance)....
  • IGXIGX PEx Rookie ⭐
    Guaranteed kaya na makukuha mo ung naibigay mo na pera or the promised maturity amount by the insurance company? granted na you deduct a few percent for inflation?

I've never heard of anyone who got a Pension Plan kasi and got their money na.
    Guaranteed kaya na makukuha mo ung naibigay mo na pera or the promised maturity amount by the insurance company? granted na you deduct a few percent for inflation?

I've never heard of anyone who got a Pension Plan kasi and got their money na.

Better choose stable insurance company. Best advice is that check the background of an insurance company. The longer existence of an insurance company is the better. Don't be mislead from an insurance company that only boast it's strong earnings or revenue. Big earnings or revenue is not a basis to determine an insurance company is strong. It must be the duration (how long) an insurance company exists and earnings as well. Legitimate insurance companies really gives out promised maturity as long as you don't have lapsed payment. Ideal insurance companies which we consider really stable: Philam Life, Ayala Insurance, Philippine AXA, Manulife, and Sunlife of Canada....
  • IGXIGX PEx Rookie ⭐
    Thanks Business_Guy,

I already got my pension plan. :)
  • Hi,

Kung gusto mo pa kumuha ng pension plan sa sunlife, meron sila bagong products. Money tree and the regular one, depending on your budget. Anyway I have both and Iam very satisfied with Sunlife now I think they are No.2 in pre-need and life insurance.

If you are interested and need an agent I could refer you to my friend to explain the new pension plan products especially the money tree which can make you earn pa besides your pension plan. This is only for 5 years then your money accumulates the longer you dont get it after 5 years.

Goodluck and Godbless.
  • magkano usually yun binbayaran...? IGX.. pano payment scheme mo?
  • I would recommend honey pot peso/usd of metrobank.they have
    balanced fund,bond fund & equity fund.200K pesos initial deposit or
    5k USD for dollar fund account.
    Thanks Business_Guy,

I already got my pension plan. :)

Wow. that's nice thing to hear....
  • IGXIGX PEx Rookie ⭐
    Thanks Business_Guy.

theExhcnageStud, I got their Sun Elite Pension Plan, its 5 years payment, 10 years maturity and I get 35% (Non guaranteed) earnings during the 10th year. Anually ang payment ko para mas mura ng konti.