Home PEx Business and Careers Call Centers and Call Center Jobs

BPO Agents | KASO NG PAGTATANGGAL AT PAGPAPATIGIL

BPO Agents | KASO NG PAGTANGGAL AT PAGPAPATIGIL (Termination and Suspension Cases)

1. Hi! I'm just curios... Since often, due process is not followed in the industry, can anyone share here if they know (do not disclose the name of the company please) a legal case filed at the Department of Labor for Illegal Suspension and Termination.

What i heard kasi, once a notice/show cause letter is served, naka preventive na agad even the person doesnt pose a threat to the company. Then, di na nila accept ung employee... Preventive Suspension daw is good as term na...

Thoughts?

Comments

• ung officemate ko dati mejo nag feeling lugi sa sinerve sa kanyang termination case because of abandonment eh heller...lagi naman cyang tulog....ang problem is na excite masyado ung TL namin na iterminate cya kaya nakalimutan nya dumaan sa due process like first warning, second warning, suspension then termination....so ang ginawa ng agent nagemail sa dole for help...we were surprised by the quick response of dole kc nagpunta kagad sa office at kinausap ang HR...medyo natulungan naman cya ng HR kc ung general manager namin doesn't have a working visa here...tourist lang cya so napacify kagad ang agent para di na ituloy ang case....but eventually nagresign na lang cya...un lang...
  • mystique26mystique26 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    mihaila wrote: »
    ung officemate ko dati mejo nag feeling lugi sa sinerve sa kanyang termination case because of abandonment eh heller...lagi naman cyang tulog....ang problem is na excite masyado ung TL namin na iterminate cya kaya nakalimutan nya dumaan sa due process like first warning, second warning, suspension then termination....so ang ginawa ng agent nagemail sa dole for help...we were surprised by the quick response of dole kc nagpunta kagad sa office at kinausap ang HR...medyo natulungan naman cya ng HR kc ung general manager namin doesn't have a working visa here...tourist lang cya so napacify kagad ang agent para di na ituloy ang case....but eventually nagresign na lang cya...un lang...

what's the email of DOLE? i kno
  • I just hope the HR people will not abuse the ignorance of the people regarding due process. with my previous employer, during the orientation,the due process was discussed by their HR people.However,when new HR people came in,due process was not followed anymore,if they dont like you,they'll find ways to terminate you...
  • This is a good info to all workers... just a reminder to those who will be filling-out the form, make it sure that your case is strong...
  • mystique26mystique26 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    mihaila wrote: »
    http://www.bwc.dole.gov.ph/email.asp

you need to fill up the form

thank you! :):):)
  • values1 wrote: »
    What i heard kasi, once a notice/show cause letter is served, naka preventive na agad even the person doesnt pose a threat to the company. Then, di na nila accept ung employee... Preventive Suspension daw is good as term na...

Thoughts?

preventice suspension serves to protect both the company and the person.

the thing is... masyado madamdamin ang mga tao pag na preventive eh feeling nila na judged na sila.

preventive suspension is not termination. the purpose of preventive is to let the company investigate the agent. after nung preventive at nakita na may sala yung employee then term na yun, if th violation warrants it.

anyway, due process is observed naman dito sa pinas... depende lang kung paano mo kasi interpret yun. minsan talaga may mga hindi sumusunod pero kahit saan bansa naman merong ganun eh.
  • i agree, pero if the person doesnt pose a threat to the organization, preventive suspension is illegal. In case you were placed on preventive suspension at they found you not guilty, they should pay you for the days that you were out.
  • values1 wrote: »
    i agree, pero if the person doesnt pose a threat to the organization, preventive suspension is illegal. In case you were placed on preventive suspension at they found you not guilty, they should pay you for the days that you were out.

preventive suspension can only be illegal if you don't pay the employee the number of days he wasn't allowed to go to work.

even if the employee was found guilty, the employee should still be paid on the days he/she was placed on preventive supension. in fairness to the employer, the employee will not be given benefits/separation pay.
  • wag na kayo mag aksaya ng panahon grabe mawiwindang lang kayo.. pero kung may habol kayo talaga naku go for it provided my mga supported docs, malaki pera yan!!!! yahoo....
  • I got this info from the person who sued this colctr. We met and told me the whole story.
    1. This guy is Operations Manager Level. For some weird reason, the site director wants him FIRED the next monday. So site director contacts his boss and tell her I want this guys resignation letter by next monday. So his boss notifies this guy to send his resignation letter.
    2. Next Monday, this guy does not pass his resignation instead asks his boss why is he getting fired.
    3. His stupid boss emails him the email from the site director instructing the force-resignation of this guy for no definite reason at all.
    4. This guy prints this email, prints all of his performance appraisal and other documents. But did not pass his resignation!
    5. Next he goes to labor (DOLE) and files a complaint.
    6. DOLE quickly acts and summons the legal counsel of the colctr.
    7. The colctr was not able stand up for the lawsuit and tries a different tactic.
    8. The colctr sends a return to work order to this complainant's residence. The guy ignores it and pushes for the lawsuit. ( I think the colctr was trying to make it seem like the guy has been awol ) Useless move.
    9. This guy pushes for the lawsuit. The colctr backs out and settles with the guy. The colctr counsel calls the guy to appear in the colctr office to pick up his CHECK.
    10. The guy disaggrees and says they settle and hand over the check in the DOLE office. The counsel agrees.
    *******Heard from the HR Manager of this colctr that on these cases of wrongful termination, the highest he could have sued for was 2 MILLION PESOS!!! Bada Bing! :)
  • The guy who sued never really told me how much he got... I was also too embarassed to ask... I just connected the dots!

I heard another case for this same colctr recently where One of their Account Senior Operations Manager fired 11 agents without due process... The story goes like this...
    1. End shift, manager calls the 11 agents for a meeting.
    2. She tells the agents " I have the numbers here and found you have been conducting fraud " ( NOT word per word but something to this effect ). Then tells all of them to surrender their ID and proximity and leave. If you have questions, somebody will meet you outside shortly.
    3. And that's fuc&ing it! Nobody showed up outside to talk to them about what they did wrong... Never got the facts, never got the individual accusations, never got to explain or defend themselves...

Nice Call Center, This one.

If some of you are wondering which Colctr this is so you can avoid it. Here's the clue:
    1. Involved in a very recent merger with a bigger colctr than them!

Yun Na! Babu!
  • The guy who sued never really told me how much he got... I was also too embarassed to ask... I just connected the dots!

I heard another case for this same colctr recently where One of their Account Senior Operations Manager fired 11 agents without due process... The story goes like this...
    1. End shift, manager calls the 11 agents for a meeting.
    2. She tells the agents " I have the numbers here and found you have been conducting fraud " ( NOT word per word but something to this effect ). Then tells all of them to surrender their ID and proximity and leave. If you have questions, somebody will meet you outside shortly.
    3. And that's fuc&ing it! Nobody showed up outside to talk to them about what they did wrong... Never got the facts, never got the individual accusations, never got to explain or defend themselves...

Nice Call Center, This one.

If some of you are wondering which Colctr this is so you can avoid it. Here's the clue:
    1. Involved in a very recent merger with a bigger colctr than them!

Yun Na! Babu!

PARANG ALAM KO NA KUNG ANONG CALL CENTER ETOH!!! MADAMI AKONG FRIENDS NA NAGWOWORK DIYAN, GANYAN DAW SILA MAGTSUGI NG TAO. WALANG DUE PROCESS! BASTA AKO, ALAM KO NA KUNG ANONG CALL CENTER 'YAN! KAYA AYOKO MAG APPLY DIYAN EH!! HEHEHE
  • I know of 2 MAJOR call centers where they settled illegal dismissal or illegal termination cases for rather substantial amounts (hint: a little over 200k) after they terminated supervisors just like that.

Call center agents, supervisors, and executives should go to the National Labor Relations Commission (NLRC) directly for their labor cases. The DOLE can only do administrative follow-up and representation. But it is the NLRC that acts like a real court and imposes judgments and monetary awards.
  • Kapag na terminate ba dahil sa metrics tapos lumabas ung most recent na metrics tapos pasado na ko, pde ba yung grounds na illegal termination?
  • I know of 2 MAJOR call centers where they settled illegal dismissal or illegal termination cases for rather substantial amounts (hint: a little over 200k) after they terminated supervisors just like that.

Call center agents, supervisors, and executives should go to the National Labor Relations Commission (NLRC) directly for their labor cases. The DOLE can only do administrative follow-up and representation. But it is the NLRC that acts like a real court and imposes judgments and monetary awards.

Yung alam ko meron nag-settle sa PHP100k/terminated employee.
  • i guess what call center needs is an orientation on due process. I believe agents or higher position levels aren't stupid to know whether or not their right as an employee was violated.
  • Kapag na terminate ba dahil sa metrics tapos lumabas ung most recent na metrics tapos pasado na ko, pde ba yung grounds na illegal termination?

with regard to unsatisfactory performance (esp during the probationary period) and neglect of duties and responsibilities, it should be gross and habitual before it could be deemed justifiable cause for termination. gross, meaning the unsatisfactory performance of the employee is damaging the business, or losses are being incurred by the company, etc.... habitual, means there should be a pattern of unsatisfactory performance over a given period of time.

the company should show records wherein the employee wasn't able to meet performance standards over a sufficient amount / length of time. not only that, everytime that the employee failed to meet performance standards, there should be documents showing coaching sessions with the employee (or these "dips" in performance should have been communicated to the employee; that's why warnings and suspension notices are very very important). if one of those is lacking, due process wasn't observed. thus, illegal dismissal occurs...
  • do you guys think I can sue my past employer?

my issue arised when I went on AWOL for 5 days.
    after a few days, I received a return to work letter via mail. so I went back to work and my team leader advised me to just submit a resignation letter effective that day. bec. if I don't the company might or will terminate me. so that's what I did. (this was last march '07)
    then a couple of days ago I received a letter from my previous employer stating that they sent me a return to work letter twice and I didn't show up. so they terminated me.

I think that is unacceptable because its clear that I submitted a resignation letter.

HELP!!