Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden

Affordable Wood Planks where can I find?

Where can I find this? Any type of wood, affordable and cheap...thanks po!

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Your best bet would be "recycled" wood, ie, wood that is salvaged from old houses that are torn down. There's not much new wood available, unless you want to import.
  • Kuya Danny,
    Actually a friend told me that same senario. What he did was he bought an old house, demolished it after awhile, then get all the old narra planks...

Wala na ba tlaga? Imported is costly, isnt it? Would you know where can I "recycled wood"? Di ba mas vulnerable ito sa mga Anay? THanks.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    New wood from freshly cut trees is hard to find. Our government tries to control logging to protect the environment. Old wood is quite durable. It has dried naturally and should be less susceptible to warpage. At kung gusto yan ng mga anay, noon pa lang ubos na yan.

Not all imported wood is hardwood. A lot of it (pine, etc) is sourced from sustainable forests (tree farms), and they can be relatively inexpensive because they are not scarce.
  • Ok thanks for that info. Would you know where can I get this? Is there a local market that import hardwood? Basta affordable ha...

Per sq meter po ba ang pricing ng mga planks...may idea po ba kayo how much? Thanks.
  • You can try looking for old wood sa Laong Laan (Did I spell it right?). May mga places sila dun na nagtitinda ng parts from old houses. Medyo malayo nga lang ito, pero may nakikita akong nagtitinda ng mga old, wooden planks along the Nat'l Highway ng Lubao, Pampanga after the Olongapo-Gapan Road. They're wider than those I've seen here sa metro. Meron pa akong nakita eh, pag naalala ko, post ko dito.
    Actually, sabi nga nila habang tumatanda at tumitigas ang kahoy, less prone na siya sa anay. At talagang mas socially responsible yung choice mo magrecycle.
    Hope it helps!
  • Salamat, sige I will research on that.