Home PEx Campus Mapua Institute of Technology

On Tuition Fee Increase.

Yesterday, many students were wearing Black. And I asked some acquaintances why the school is again filled with Black-wearing people; they said that it's all about the Tuition Fee increase.

Nagulat ako... every term, tumataas naman ang school fees, people seemed to have not cared for it, and now... umaalma na.

May I know how much will the tuition fee be increased for the next term? I heard it's a CHED-approved move. Why? Were the increases before not approved? :rolleyes:

I wonder if you guys also caught those people who tried to stage a rally in fron of the school's gate? I got a chance to see it: some students have "placards", the other is holding a microphone speaking among the students passing by, with their voices being spread over the area through their speakers set-up beside them, telling the people that the increase is 'too much' and they appeared to be 'activists'.

Well, the administration also has spies (again... as usual). Like the Malayan-Mapua rallies last 2005, they have their 'camera boys', taking videos of these students staging the rally. I just hope they won't do something bad to those students (like expelling them). :(

But then when I got back on that area after 30 minutes, they're gone. :rolleyes:
Perhaps it turned out to be a flopped one.

So can anyone give us a clear story on what this 'increase' is all about? It seems to me that the increase will be very high, since the students are now reacting badly and openly.

Comments

• those guys are from U.P. (i unno if its a good thing or a bad thing)...

anyway, yung mga security guards parang walang pakelam din sa nangyayari sa tapat ng school.. sure there were camera boys (prolly to scare those guys away) pero as usual nagkukulitan parin sila doon sa tapat ng gate at secu office na parang mga bata.. then pinaguusapan pa yata nila yung susunod nilang gimmick or inuman, then nagaasaran pag may pumapasok na chicks... parang normal lang ang buhay ng mga secu kahapon di gaya ng panahon nung malayan issue...

anyway, may mas magandang nangyari bukod don... may mga NBI sa tapat ng school kahapon, rumor has it na may dinakip na prof(?) O_o
  • umm.. di ko makita yung edit button... anyway

related link : http://mapuaownage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2738
  • UP students?
    It's not really their concern, is it?

Kaya pala nag-flop. :glee:
  • lol nadali mo tophe... anyway lumabas na sa dyaryo yung tunkol sa NBI at yung prof na hinuli...

http://www.mapuaownage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2944
  • Enrollment week na...

Guys, how much has the tuition fee increased?
  • tophe_17 wrote: »
    Enrollment week na...

Guys, how much has the tuition fee increased?

I know one guy, frosh (batch 07). 42,+++ for 14 units. Oh well.
  • ^ Enrollment week na naman pala ngayon.

42+++? Magkano na ba per unit? May 2,000 na ba?
    Grabe ang mahal.

Baka maunahan na natin La Salle at Benilde niyan.
    I read somewhere in the net that #4 na Mapua sa pinakamahal na tuition sa Pinas.
    ^ Enrollment week na naman pala ngayon.

Grabe ang mahal.

I read somewhere in the net that #4 na Mapua sa pinakamahal na tuition sa Pinas.

woah, hayy,..mapua talaga:lol::lol:
  • hay hay..nakakakaba,,bka kulangina ng bulsa ng magulag ko..hehe..kya yan..kuya tophe!anong website po yan?plsplspls.:)
  • grabe..taas na ng tution...mgkano na kaya tution ko next term....haaayyy
    ^ Enrollment week na naman pala ngayon.

Grabe ang mahal.

Tama, i've read it in another forum. it says:

I do have the top 10 most expensive schools and their locations:

1. University of Asia & the Pacific ( Pasig )
    2. De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde ( Taft Ave. )
    3. De La Salle University- Manila ( Taft Ave. )
    4. Mapua IT ( Intramuros and Makati )
    5. Ateneo de Manila University ( Katipunan Ave. )
    6. Assumption College ( San Lorenzo Makati )

I got the information from our school bulletin board right before our graduation which was held this year.

1. UA&P's Tuition Fee is around 100,000php per sem or (200,000php per year).
    2. & 3. College of Saint Benilde and La Salle Main's (acquiring a trimester system) tuition fees are almost the same, 50k per sem or (150,000 php per year).
    4. Mapua IT ( quarterm )- courses (engineering) are 33k per quarter or (132,000php per year). New courses, like accountancy, hrm, and nursing, cost 25k per quarter or (100,000php per year).
    5. Ateneo - tuition fee is 60k per sem or (120,000php per year).
    6. Assumption College - total tuition fee is 55k per sem or (110,000php per year).

So, Mapua is the fourth most expensive school (in general) considering that medical schools have high tuition fees too. The question is: Should we be proud of it? Our tuition fees are increasing, but our (MIT) standard is somewhat declining. Yes, declining but still, one of the best. I must check other froshies' CM (Certificate of Matriculation), baka that 42,000 was full of laboratories and stuff. Pero di kagulat gulat, i've paid 38,000 for one certain term already (batch '06), eh, with the latest tuition fee increase, it could reach as high as that figure. Oh well..:depressed:
  • Laki! Kami before 17+++ pa lang yung starting (QuarTerm na rin nun). 'Di ko na naabutan 'yung 30+++. So magkano na per unit ngayon?

Well, at least it goes back to the students naman - education materials, laboratory equipment, school maintenance, etc.