Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

pain in shin due to consistent running/basketball

i play basketball once a week (yung tipong 1-2 hours), i noticed that after weeks of playing maybe.. on the 3rd or 4th week my shins or front part ng lower leg is in pain. its like pain on the very thin muscles on that area or directly to the bone.. any medication for this? i believed this is caused by the running motion rather than the jumping involved in hoops..

please advice, thanks!!!

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Rest it you might be over trained
  • Better yet.. consult a doctor... there's one Legarda near Arellano U. Thera Kinetics.. that handles sports injuries..

Just IMO, I believe some guys aren't physicians.. they just use common sense.. However, most of the time it ain't right...
  • el_pogitoel_pogito PEx Rookie ⭐
    sounds like shin splints. you'd need to consult a sports physician for this one. he'll teach you to strengthen your lower leg muscles and do proper stretching. he might even ask you to buy a thera band (rubber material used for exercise). goodluck.
  • quentsquents PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ouch!!! bone slivers!!!
  • REST IT!

I play ultimate frisbee and had (still have) shin splints as long as i remember. Did not rest it, eventually resulted to stress fracture a.k.a hairline fracture on my lower shin (left tibia). Soooo painful! Had to limp when walking! Stopped running for 2+ months, now i am currently having therapy at intercare. Limping is gone, everything has improved. Tried training again but there's still pain and stiffness. So i guess will give it a rest again while having my therapy. :mecry:
  • shin splints yung tawag diyan.. rest and ice. Ako meron rin, pero chronic na ung akin dahil pinabayaan ko. Pa check ka na para baka sa sapatos yung may problema- baka kailangan mo ng arch support o ano. May exercise na nakaka tulong talaga- yun ay, yung toes mo, just bend back towards your sole of foot, pa balik balik tuloy tuloy hangang ma ngawit. Talagang nakakatulong sya, simple lang, pero oks na oks!

:)
    g'luck