Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

I love someone who pretended to be someone. Help me make my decision :(

First of all, I decided to post my question here because I couldn't ask for my friends for any advices. I am too shy for them to know how stupid and dumb I've become. Anyway here's my problem.

I have a huge crush on this guy who belongs to a family of celebrity. I met him once in a party where we were introduced. Three years have passed, I stumbled upon his myspace account. I asked if he still remembers me. Then sabi nya, Yeah of course I do remember you. And then there, we talked about the most interesting things and stuff. Then one day I watched a basketball game where I was chosen as the face of the day. I went home and checked my myspace for his message. I was surprised because he asked me, are you that girl on television three hours ago in that basketball game? I said yeah that was me. And then he asked for my number. We talked about anything under the sun. He was the guy I found myself most comfortable with. I fell in love with him. I've never felt this kind of feeling with anyone. I never wanted anyone in my life than being with him. I trusted him, eventhough we just talked through text.
Everytime I ask him to meet up, he declines. Lagi nalang, oh I have dinner with my family, or oh I have something to do eh. So I had doubts about him na. I tried to ask him information about him, his brother (who is a family friend), and several things. All correct. Sometimes he would say, oh watch this my brother is going to be there. True. Oh, please go here next week because my sister is going to be there. True. I read his comments in his myspace and all of them were written by 'true people'. I was convinced that he really was that person, and decided to just be patient. Maybe he really was busy. We shared the same interests, laughed about the same things. He was the only guy who understood my being 'brat' sometimes. He gave me the most amazing advices that I'm sure I will never ever forget. I thought I already found my soulmate because everything just seemed so perfect. I've been hurt in the past so much that I didn't want to date again. But when I met him, I was willing to take the risk of being hurt once again. I knew he was the guy I was waiting for all my life. He loved me and I felt it. Then lately, napansin ko na lagi nalang nya akong inaaway for no reason at all. Or sobrang mababaw lang. Then he would tell me, I'm done with you, were through. Don't ever talk to me again. I have problems blah blah. But we always found ourselves talking again at the end of the day. We can't not talk to each other. Siguro mga 4 times a week for 2 months kung mangyari yun. And then finally he asked me to go out. I was really excited! I shopped for a beautiful dress, had my nails done, had facial etc. And then the night before he texted me, "Sorry I can't go pala. Don't talk to me anymore because I don't deserve someone like you. Wala akong kwenta." I was devestated! I prepared a surprise for him pa naman. I knew I really love him. I didn't want him to go regardless of all the bullsh!t he did to me. So I decided to go to his house. As I said, he belongs to well known family. I asked some friends about his address because I was planning to surprise him there. And so I went to his house, wow good timing. I saw him outside his house. I asked him, "Are you mad at me?" and then he was like, "What are you talking about?" There I found out that the guy I was talking to was only pretending to be this person. I felt so dumb and stupid.

So I texted the guy, and asked him about this. He admitted and explained everything. I was shocked when I found out who he really was! Small world indeed. I remember him. He was this guy who added me in myspace who kept on sending messages about a year ago. I remember when I asked him where did he meet me, he said that he usually see me in high school/college basketball games, and he just wanted to be friends. I can also remember that I found him quite cute in his pictures (Haha). He said that it was his friend that made the myspace account and told him that I asked if I still remember him. So there, he asked for the password daw and then replied to my message. He said all of the tears, laughs, were true. That what he felt for me was all real and the only lie he did was his identity. He said he just did that because it was a chance for me to finally notice him. That was why he kept on arguing little things with me. He wanted to help himself to stop what he was doing to me already because he couldn't do so. He wanted me to hate him and not talk to him anymore. He said we crossed paths many times already but I just ignored and disregard the chance of really meeting him. I know some of his friends and he knows some of mine too.

I am really confused right now. Until now I long for our laughs, interesting conversations. He is always texting me to give him a chance. To please not push him out of my life. I don't know what to do. I love him, until now. I really do. I just don't know if my love really belongs to him because I feel like he is not that person anymore. He said that he was still it. That he was the guy I fell in love with and not this popular guy. That it was he whom I shared common things with and gave me the most amazing four months ever. But he lied to me. He made a fool out of me. He made me look like I'm stupid and dumb. However, I love him. I miss the guy I text when I wake up until I fall asleep. I miss everything about that guy. He said we can still continue our being perfect for each other, just give him a chance. Please help. I don't know what am I going to do. I don't know if I'm going to find another guy like him. Help me decide. :(

Comments

• when you finally knew who he really was, did you at least think he was still cute?
  • samantha_jonessamantha_jones PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    OMG!!!!! This sounds so famillar!!! Been there done that.

BOTTOM LINE: HE LIED. That's all you need to consider. If his intentions are pure and true, he wouldn't have lead you on like that.

Don't bother. He's right. Wala siyang kuwenta. Sometime's it's just not worth it. Fantasy's over, now you have to face reality! Goodluck! :)
  • jensen83jensen83 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    just ask yourself what made you fall in love with him... i think you'll find your answer there..
  • You said you still miss "the guy". And he's right, he's still the same old person, just a different face. I say give him a chance. ;)
    ^^I can't help but roll my eyes. HAHA Sorry guys...hehe.
  • in the first place, why would that guy lied to you? ganon ka ba kahirap abutin? yes he's intentions and thoughts of you are all true but, why of all lied about his identity? ang weird naman nya.. he doesnt have the guts to show you the real him however he wants you to believe and give him a chance chuva-chuva. nagawa nya ngang magpanggap what more pa pangdating sa feelings right? once trust is broken hirap na balik. pero nasa sayo parin naman yun lahat.. magusap kayo ng masinsinan at magkaalam na lahat ;)
  • wissy... i think there's more to life than you can imagine. ba't ka nagpapaka t-a-nga...
    tutulungan kita sa iyong decision....
    basta bigyan mo lang ako ng chocolate.
  • bbbbbbbbbbbb PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    binanggit mo dito na yang "guy" na yan e yung dating nagfaflood sayo. pero hindi mo pa din pinansin..

kahit ako ganyan din gagawin ko para at least magkaroon ako ng chance para makilala mo..
    kasi naman sa umpisa pa lang hindi mo na siya binigyan ng pagkakataon na ipakilala ang sarili niya sayo..

itsura lang yan..
    pwede ka pa din mag-alaga ng pusa kahit ang favorite pet mo ay aso.. :D

naiimagine ko yung itsura ng may ari ng myspace account noong sinurprise mo siya.. :lol:
  • Usually yung mga guys na nagsisinungaling pero maganda intention dun sa girl, sa kalagitnaan di nun matitiis e, aamin at aamin din yun. Siguro iba lang yung style, idadaan kunwari sa mga " kunwari, ako si ganto, o kaya'y ganto lang ako, ok lang ba sa yo?" :lol: Ganun sa mga movies di ba?:rotflmao:

Basta umamin sya sa kasinungalingan nya at makiusap na tanggapin mo pa rin sya, patawarin mo na at bigyan mo ng chance. Chances are di na nya uulitin yun at mamahalin ka nun ng sobra. Yun kung mahal mo na nga sya. Pang movie kasi story mo ;)
  • sometimes desperation can lead to many bad things and most probably lots of lies. if he didnt lie about his identity would you be interested with him at all? you just can't blame him for being desperate. he's feelings are true coz its not easy to pretend to be somebody you're not but who wouldn't lie for the person you really like/love that you know wouldn't love/like you if you were you? you'd just stay in the dillusion that you're somebody else just to be happy with the person you like/love. selfish as it may seem but we just can't blame him for being that desperate.

Now if you really do love him too and if you were really happy then go ahead and be happy more. give it a shot and be happy with him. he may not be as cute as you thought he was but you weren't looking at his face when he made you smile, right? let's just see how it goes. if your feelings for him won't change now that you know who he really is then stay but if you just can't stand him anymore then leave forever. it's a win win situation. if you two are really meant for each other then good, but if it isn't then you don't have to be guilty for not going for something that made you happy. you may not find somebody who'll make you feel inlove that much again and who's that much crazy just to grab your attention and do everything for you.

if you're planning to be with him just be very careful ok? and no more lies this time.
  • parang ganito ung pinost kong topic sa Lokohan the whole time e..hehehe,,para kasi sa akin ,tapusin na lang... makakahanap ka pa ng lalaki na hindi ka sasaktan. Kasi kung mahal ka talaga ng isang tao, hindi ka nya sasaktan at lolokohin. tingnan mo ung friend ko, siya na rin ang nagtulak dun sa girl para mawalan ng amor sa kanya, at bilang parusa, kelangan niyang hindi na kausapin ung girl kahit na may feelings pa siya talga dito, because that's all he deserves! hehehe:bashful:
  • pwede pa summary ng story maxado mahaba sowe.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    To the threadstarter:

What's the point of telling you the obvious when you are clearly conflicted and would rather do otherwise? You only knew each other through cyberspace, text and on the phone. Real life is different. Think before you act.

You don't need people here to help you make a decision. You already know what to do. Whatever you decide stand by it...
  • Yeah. Kung mahal mo, mahal mo. Do something or find a way to find him. Maswerte nga ung guy mo e kasi mahal mo pa siya, yung kaibigan ko kailangan niyang mag-let go, kasi hindi na siya mahal.
  • wissy wrote: »
    First of all, I decided to post my question here because I couldn't ask for my friends for any advices. I am too shy for them to know how stupid and dumb I've become. Anyway here's my problem.

I have a huge crush on this guy who belongs to a family of celebrity. I met him once in a party where we were introduced. Three years have passed, I stumbled upon his myspace account. I asked if he still remembers me. Then sabi nya, Yeah of course I do remember you. And then there, we talked about the most interesting things and stuff. Then one day I watched a basketball game where I was chosen as the face of the day. I went home and checked my myspace for his message. I was surprised because he asked me, are you that girl on television three hours ago in that basketball game? I said yeah that was me. And then he asked for my number. We talked about anything under the sun. He was the guy I found myself most comfortable with. I fell in love with him. I've never felt this kind of feeling with anyone. I never wanted anyone in my life than being with him. I trusted him, eventhough we just talked through text.
    Everytime I ask him to meet up, he declines. Lagi nalang, oh I have dinner with my family, or oh I have something to do eh. So I had doubts about him na. I tried to ask him information about him, his brother (who is a family friend), and several things. All correct. Sometimes he would say, oh watch this my brother is going to be there. True. Oh, please go here next week because my sister is going to be there. True. I read his comments in his myspace and all of them were written by 'true people'. I was convinced that he really was that person, and decided to just be patient. Maybe he really was busy. We shared the same interests, laughed about the same things. He was the only guy who understood my being 'brat' sometimes. He gave me the most amazing advices that I'm sure I will never ever forget. I thought I already found my soulmate because everything just seemed so perfect. I've been hurt in the past so much that I didn't want to date again. But when I met him, I was willing to take the risk of being hurt once again. I knew he was the guy I was waiting for all my life. He loved me and I felt it. Then lately, napansin ko na lagi nalang nya akong inaaway for no reason at all. Or sobrang mababaw lang. Then he would tell me, I'm done with you, were through. Don't ever talk to me again. I have problems blah blah. But we always found ourselves talking again at the end of the day. We can't not talk to each other. Siguro mga 4 times a week for 2 months kung mangyari yun. And then finally he asked me to go out. I was really excited! I shopped for a beautiful dress, had my nails done, had facial etc. And then the night before he texted me, "Sorry I can't go pala. Don't talk to me anymore because I don't deserve someone like you. Wala akong kwenta." I was devestated! I prepared a surprise for him pa naman. I knew I really love him. I didn't want him to go regardless of all the bullsh!t he did to me. So I decided to go to his house. As I said, he belongs to well known family. I asked some friends about his address because I was planning to surprise him there. And so I went to his house, wow good timing. I saw him outside his house. I asked him, "Are you mad at me?" and then he was like, "What are you talking about?" There I found out that the guy I was talking to was only pretending to be this person. I felt so dumb and stupid.

So I texted the guy, and asked him about this. He admitted and explained everything. I was shocked when I found out who he really was! Small world indeed. I remember him. He was this guy who added me in myspace who kept on sending messages about a year ago. I remember when I asked him where did he meet me, he said that he usually see me in high school/college basketball games, and he just wanted to be friends. I can also remember that I found him quite cute in his pictures (Haha). He said that it was his friend that made the myspace account and told him that I asked if I still remember him. So there, he asked for the password daw and then replied to my message. He said all of the tears, laughs, were true. That what he felt for me was all real and the only lie he did was his identity. He said he just did that because it was a chance for me to finally notice him. That was why he kept on arguing little things with me. He wanted to help himself to stop what he was doing to me already because he couldn't do so. He wanted me to hate him and not talk to him anymore. He said we crossed paths many times already but I just ignored and disregard the chance of really meeting him. I know some of his friends and he knows some of mine too.

I am really confused right now. Until now I long for our laughs, interesting conversations. He is always texting me to give him a chance. To please not push him out of my life. I don't know what to do. I love him, until now. I really do. I just don't know if my love really belongs to him because I feel like he is not that person anymore. He said that he was still it. That he was the guy I fell in love with and not this popular guy. That it was he whom I shared common things with and gave me the most amazing four months ever. But he lied to me. He made a fool out of me. He made me look like I'm stupid and dumb. However, I love him. I miss the guy I text when I wake up until I fall asleep. I miss everything about that guy. He said we can still continue our being perfect for each other, just give him a chance. Please help. I don't know what am I going to do. I don't know if I'm going to find another guy like him. Help me decide. :(

It is certain that you will miss him due to your emotional attachment to him. Yes, you had good times with him, but how can you be certain if his intentions for you are real and not just some creation of him just to make a big fool out of you. :depressed: Look, if he is real he doesent need to pretend.

Let me share you, I have a freind who is "babaero" or let we call him "playboy". He has an active account in one of the dating sites and he had told me before, that he doesent give his real identity to his chatmates (prospect dating partner) and even if so he had dated the girls he didnt tell them his real identity. Why? According to him so that he can have an "easy way out of the relationship" If he DOESnt want the girls anymore. In short talk, after he has done having sex with them, he dumps them with no trace at all..

What chance? If you didnt visit his house would you know that in the first place? I think he did it because he had blew his cover, by realizing that you had seen his house.

Look, If simple details about his identity was so hard to obtain, how much more his intentions for you? Just think about it? Jerks are all over the place and theres so many hearts being broken everyday. It happens because so many people still believes in other people's lies :depressed:
    ^hallelujah! :)
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    so you admire and love him because of what you think he is. a plain deception, i think.

brik mo na shuta mo.. he he he :)
  • wissy... asan na chocolate ko... sige ka..hindi kita matutulungan nyan...
  • violetbabevioletbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    haha sam natawa ako sa iyo! parang alam ko yan hehehe!

kasi yan ang problema sa mga nagiinvest.. at nagiinvestigate at di makahintay. tsk tsk. maybe he wanted to tell you kaso inunhan mo.

nevertheless, yaan mo na sya. the thought that he was too coward to be himself, big no no na yun. sarili nya di nya kayang mapanindigan. may malaking isyu ang lalakeng yans a sarili nya.
  • Hahaha. He's really wierd ;)

Anyway, to me its ok to hide some things as long as sasabihin mo din at the right time.
    Sa case mo kasi iba at tungkol sa looks. Ibig sabihin ganun kababaw tingin niya sa yo...that you only go for good looks...

You deserve better