Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Do you find it weird if your bf/gf will read your messages in Friendster account?

what's wrong reading the messages of your bf in his Friendster account?

Comments

• for me, its not weird but of course there are certain limits when you also have to respect the privacy of your boyfriend. in my experience, i used to read his messages in his Friendster account but only when he permits me to.. i just don't go surfing on his friendster and look for things that might disappoint or even break my heart. i guess its more of trusting him and keeping his private stuff to himself, besides he's not yet your husband. :D
  • it's just like reading your boyfriend's private mail.

unless you're doing it while he's around... that's called snooping.

i wonder, would it also be okay if you see your boyfriend reading your inbox in your email/pex/friendster/your phone without you knowing?
  • much a I'm really tempted to do it at times, I just don't because it's just wrong. I respect his privacy. Besides, if he's fooling around via friendster, it's his problem and I can very well do that too :)
  • what if he changed his password after he knew that i'm reading his messages in friendster account? what would be your reaction?
  • ayane wrote: »
    it's just like reading your boyfriend's private mail.

unless you're doing it while he's around... that's called snooping.

i wonder, would it also be okay if you see your boyfriend reading your inbox in your email/pex/friendster/your phone without you knowing?

actually for me it's ok. i will allow him to see my email/pex/friendster/phone because i'm not hiding anything from him. so i guess it's not weird.
  • i guess it's okei if okei lng din sa bf ko..

private na bagay kasi ang email & text so there should be trust di ba
    it's bad to snoop/sneak around

depende sa intention kasi eh..
  • i read my hubby's messages.. he doesnt know my password haha.. he cant remember haha.. pero sometimes nasa likod ko lang sya if im opening my friendster.. no biggie.. dont feel weird about it.. maybe if some girl sends him an obscene message now THATS weird haha.. if he changes his password all of a sudden aba bugbog sya sakin haha joke lang.. hehe
  • sabaybunotsabaybunot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    lady_like wrote: »
    what if he changed his password after he knew that i'm reading his messages in friendster account? what would be your reaction?

it means you should stop snooping around..
  • Personally, unless you asked him/her to read it then doing so is invasion of privacy. Like you said, it is YOUR Friendster account messages. If he wants to read Friendster messages, he should read those on his account.

Tell him to mind his own beeswax!
  • rasHiko_dHeNzrasHiko_dHeNz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    There's nothing wrong with that.
  • Kung ayaw nya, wag mong gawin. What is the point of reading them behind his back? You want to know more?????If there is something you have to know, you will know them whether you are reading those messages or not.

Why did he change his password? I agree with sabaybunot.... it is a sign that he is not okay with what you are doing.

when will girls ever learn.... being a girlfriend does not give us the right to just read and access his e-mails, text messages, ...etc without the guy's permission. Your boyfriend is still entitled to his own space and privacy.
  • lady_like wrote: »
    what if he changed his password after he knew that i'm reading his messages in friendster account? what would be your reaction?

i'll laugh.

i did the same. i know what your boyfriend must feel.

i hated that someone was snooping in my accounts.

considering he was the only person who knew some of my passwords... i knew it was him. i changed my passwords in pex/friendster/email addresses and he got the message. i used to let him read them WHILE I WAS AROUND, but learning that he did behind so my back (checking my damn pm's in pex too! :grrr: ). that was a low blow.

he learned his lesson.

now, he even asks permission when he's just lurking in pex.

checking those places without him beside you just means you don't trust him.

may ginawa na ba siyang mali for you not to trust him?
    lady_like wrote:
    actually for me it's ok. i will allow him to see my email/pex/friendster/phone because i'm not hiding anything from him. so i guess it's not weird.

there's a difference between not hiding anything and trusting him. not because he doesn't want you to read some of his stuff means he's hiding something from you. you lack trust, hija. and honestly, a relationship without trust will go nowhere.

i'll ask again, may nagawa na ba siyang mali for you to not trust him?
  • ever heard of the general rule?..

Dont do unto others, you dont want do unto you?..

1. gusto mo rin bang binabasa nya ung account mo?..

2. siguro kaya sya nagchange ng password is, he like is own privacy...

3. aggree ako dun na, what's your purpose of snooping around?..dont you trust him?...
  • pinoy2781pinoy2781 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nope...

unless may consent. and kahit may consent, you are not suppose to do it frequently.

we don't read each others inboxes/ friendster messages. kasi pinagku-kwentuhan din namin kung ano at sino ang nag-message. no need to read...
  • wahh..to ang madalas namin pagawayan..to the point na binura nya ang mga friends ko na pinagseselosan nya..haaayyy...
  • in my opinion, there's nothing wrong when you check on your bf/gf's account because it's your way of knowing if your relationship is still protected or not. (read: if he/she's playing arround) i guess it's your right as long as you don't misinterpret every message you read...

and lastly, why would he/she be afraid to let you browse his/her account if there's nothing to hide?

teeeheee
  • to adreamer: even if ur bf/gf is playing around you dont have the right to read his/her messages. i mean there are other ways to find out if he/she is two timing you. and if you think that he's two timing you and you start reading his messages, its hard not to misinterpret, may prejudice na kasi.
  • i d0nt fiNd it weird.. i mean partner m0 naman xa e.. s0, there's n0thing wr0ng.. per0 as wut as they post nga depende sa intenti0n..
  • what's wrong (with) reading the messages of your bf in his Friendster account?

What's wrong is you'll be invading the privacy of your boyfriend. Coming from someone who really values her privacy, I'd really go berserk if I find someone, even if I love the person, going through my personal stuff. It's too disrespectful.

Unless he's fine with it and he willingly gives you his password for you to check it once in a while, you don't have the right to read his personal emails without his consent. Girlfriend ka nga niya but it doesn't mean that you have complete control over his life. You should learn to draw the line, dearie. For a relationship to succeed, you have to trust your boyfriend and respect his boundaries. He has a life of his own, you know.
  • man, the first time i did that i found out something...my girlfiriend pala has a textmate(na tinatago nya sa akin) tapos may tawagan cla and nag-i love you pa sa kanya yung guy...tapos ung replies ng gf ko parang gusto pa nya...hiningi pa nga nya ung ym nung guy...shemay tlga...kaya un...cnabi ko sa kanya...nagalit sya nung una pero di na na2loy kac nabisto ko sya...if i hadn't read that message nagmukha cguro akong *****...cguro kung ano2x na ginagawa nila behind my back....i only opened her message kc i saw sa friendster nya b4 "interested meeting people for: relationship(men), dating(men)"..ever since nakita ko un nawalan na ako ng trust sa kanya.....

so my advice: be sure may magandang reason kau for snoooping ur bf/gf's messages/emails...=0