Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

He Said, She said, share your love problems with Aiee and SpiritedAway

Comments

• i'm not perfect. i admit that. everyone else should too.

and i'm not talking specifically about money. don't tell me you don't have physical standards?
  • orangepinkorangepink PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    no they don't. maybe they just lost interest in you. :D

but seriously though, there might be a few who have that sort of preference but usually it really doesn't matter. baka naman you're talking about an 18 year old boy.

ouch :lol: they're actually my age. some are in their 30s and married. we had our lunch break and they were talking about women. napansin daw nila that when a woman reaches 25+ and single, nagiging desperate daw. basta, ang labas ng conversation nila was parang easy na tuloy ang mga older women. napaisip ako bakit ganun sila mag-isip.
  • orangepink wrote: »
    ouch :lol: they're actually my age. some are in their 30s and married. we had our lunch break and they were talking about women. napansin daw nila that when a woman reaches 25+ and single, nagiging desperate daw. basta, ang labas ng conversation nila was parang easy na tuloy ang mga older women. napaisip ako bakit ganun sila mag-isip.

baka they're just meeting (or attracting) the wrong kinds of women. i know a lot of girls who mature very gracefully with confidence.
  • true. period.
    ^ oh well...baka nagkataon lang na sobrang j3rks yung mga officemates ko :)
    and i'm not talking specifically about money. don't tell me you don't have physical standards?

Admittedly, I do. Ayoko sa isang lalakeng morbidly obese. Kung may beer belly siya or konting taba, tanggap ko pa yan pero yung mukhang pinabayaan sa kusina, i'm not falling for that guy. this is what I'd tell my bf / husband : pag naging kasing taba mo na si nutty professor / fat [email protected]@rd, hiwalay na tayo :lol:. as for looks, i'm easily attracted to filipino guys but if a chinito or fil-am or whatever has the qualities that I'm looking for, eh di why not? and I don't mean to sound like my j3rk officemates but I don't know if I can date a midget. Ndi ko ma-imagine yun. My rule is this : dapat masikmura mo naman yung taong mamahalin mo. You're gonna spend every waking moment with him, anyway.

But I also have a guy friend who's in his 30s and still single because he only wants to date women who look like commercial models.
  • aiee wrote: »
    geez SpiritedAway, hold your horses. you sound like the perfect one. hahahah!

let me tell you one thing, not ALL girls are after money. keep that in mind! :)

and to be fairly honest, hindi lang GIRLS ang superficial, ang guys ba hindi after that as well? dont you guys look for rich pretty women? dont you think its your lucky day when you land a hotta who drives her own car?come on..lets get real here...

true na maraming nagkalat na user-*****es in this planet, but just the same as nagkalat RIN ang jerk maniacs...

im no feminist but i hope youd try NOT to think na lahat ng babae eh superficial lang, probably you just havent experienced one kaya youre kinda cynical. :) *okay*

that's exactly what i'm saying! i think you misunderstood me. i'm not specifically pointing at girls being superficial, what i'm saying is that everybody is... to different degrees of course. some might be less superficial, others completely superficial. it's impossible that somebody is completely and utterly un-superficial.

anong word yung naka *****? hehe
  • aiee: ask that girl this. What does she got to go for a guy like that? Ano ba ipagmamalaki ng babaeng yan to have standards like that in a guy?

can you just imagine what girls are asking about guy players?
    As for money, I really feel uncomfortable when a guy pays for my shopping. I feel that I have to repay him in some way. An occassional gift is nice but paying for my clothes, no thanks. I (or my parents) can pay for them hehehehe

@aiee: taga-Ateneo / La Salle ba yung friend mo? Baka kaya gusto niya ng bf from that school para status symbol.
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bottom Line is:

Women are just as superficial as Men. Kung sinasabi niyong mas mabababaw ang mga lalaki.....nagkakamali kayo! PAREHO LANG!!! Kaya girls stop pretending....wag na kayong magmalinis.
  • geez no, she's far from being an atenista or lasallista.
  • orangepink wrote: »
    Admittedly, I do. Ayoko sa isang lalakeng morbidly obese. Kung may beer belly siya or konting taba, tanggap ko pa yan pero yung mukhang pinabayaan sa kusina, i'm not falling for that guy. this is what I'd tell my bf / husband : pag naging kasing taba mo na si nutty professor / fat [email protected]@rd, hiwalay na tayo :lol:. as for looks, i'm easily attracted to filipino guys but if a chinito or fil-am or whatever has the qualities that I'm looking for, eh di why not? and I don't mean to sound like my j3rk officemates but I don't know if I can date a midget. Ndi ko ma-imagine yun. My rule is this : dapat masikmura mo naman yung taong mamahalin mo. You're gonna spend every waking moment with him, anyway.

But I also have a guy friend who's in his 30s and still single because he only wants to date women who look like commercial models.

it's fine to have a little superficiality naman, what I don't like is if people can't admit that they do. i mean, if you didn't then wouldn't that be unconditional love.

even my theology professor, who is a priest, once said that it is our duty to take care of ourselves for our partners.. to look decent, be healthy etc, etc. because we are just human.
  • aiee wrote: »
    dont you guys look for rich pretty women? dont you think its your lucky day when you land a hotta who drives her own car?come on..lets get real here...

usually pag mabait yung girl, kahit average looking lang madali akong ma-attract. mas importante kasi yung approachable yung girl...bali wala yung mga car or money... ang importante is yung caring sya... tsaka marunong tumawa at ngumiti....

pero syempre mas advantage kung meron syang transformers gaya ni optimus prime...
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    question # 2: does love at first sight really exist? if yes, how does it happen? if no, why? :D
  • i dont think it exists..- attraction yes, love, no...

i think love isnt an overnight thing, hindi instant - those who claim that its love at first sight started with just a spark, mere attraction, which eventually developed over time...
  • st.anger wrote: »
    question # 2: does love at first sight really exist? if yes, how does it happen? if no, why? :D

i think i don't need to expound on this any further. Just refer to what I said about love not being an emotion, etc, etc. Hence, it's not an event but a process.
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    question # 3 from santo:

why are there some women who can't get out of an abusive (physically/emotionally) relationship?
  • lame as it may sound, but some women love pain... it gives them the satisfaction - physically, sexually, emotionally, mentally.. sometimes, its part of their game. as they say, its part of the thrill which makes them cling more to the man.

another reason is that they have been waaay into the relationship that they tend to just bear the pain rather than be left by their lover.

who knows, other than the drama,baka merong somethin yung guy na hindi maiwan iwan nung girl...
  • st.anger wrote: »
    question # 3 from santo:

why are there some women who can't get out of an abusive (physically/emotionally) relationship?

it's a psychological condition. i don't want to get into the details but women suffering from battered person syndrome (the more politically correct term as it also occurs in men) usually also come from a dependent or co-dependent relationship, or there is a correlation or co-morbidity between the two.

Usually, a battered person becomes depressed and suffers from low self esteem hence the reason why they are unable to defend themselves from the abusive partner or leave the abusive relationship. Often, they feel that the abuse is their own fault.

A co-dependent relationship on the other hand is a relationship where the persons involved have maladaptive behaviours or even compulsive behaviours (usually learned from childhood). In these relationships, one or both partners feel that they cannot stand on their own, neither feels capable or self reliant.

Both conditions taken in context, a woman who comes from an abusive codependent relationship might feel that she is letting the other person down by leaving them, that she might be instrumental in the recovery of the person from his condition (these persons also usually have a history of substance abuse).

anyway, i'll stop there but I think you get the point.
  • ha? paki ulit please SpiritedAway...hahaha...just kiddin....