Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

He Said, She said, share your love problems with Aiee and SpiritedAway

Comments

• Well if you ask me, I guess it's the guys that do more of the compromising rather than the girls. That's based on experience and observation from other couples. Why is it that it's always the guys that do more of the adjusting and compromising to the opposite sex?

Women say they want equality. Well I don't see any equality in that. BS! They don't want equality. They still want special treatment. They are NOT willing to compromise more.....they want the guys to compromise more to their attitude. It's like them saying, we won't adjust to you...you adjust to us!

You're right SpiritedAway, BOTH should give in. I say they both should give in EQUALLY.

i dunno, i've seen a long of girls making adjustments of their own. i think both parties just don't see how much one is adjusting for the other. but, yeah, relationships do tend to be lopsided. i've never seen a truly equal relationship. in a manner of speaking, there's some sort of a class struggle between the two. one will most surely like one more than the other, and one will always be more secure than the other. usually, guys have the upperhand.
  • Well allow me to answer that question. There's was a song in the 80s entitled "When it's love". It was sang by the group Van Halen.

The song goes like this

How do I know when it's love?
    I can't tell you but it lasts forever
    Oh! how does it feel when it's love?
    It's just somethin' you feel together

I guess that answers your question. I don't mean to steal your thunder SpiritedAway and Aiee. I just remembered the song and I figured it could appropriately answer the question.

No problem except that i disagree. Love is not an emotion, to quote an author whose name I've forgotten. It's more of a decision and a vocation, so to speak. You have to make that choice and commitment. It's a continuous action.

What some people perceive to be love, more often than not, is usually just infatuation or a deep liking.

Aiee, yes, I am idealistic.
  • orangepink wrote: »
    bakit ang lalaki nawawalan ng interest with women who are 25 yrs old and older? mas lalo na pag 30+?

oo, aaminin ko 25 na ako :rotflmao:

btw, i posted a new thread in the singles forum...it seemed like an interesting topic :lol:

no they don't. maybe they just lost interest in you. :D

but seriously though, there might be a few who have that sort of preference but usually it really doesn't matter. baka naman you're talking about an 18 year old boy.
  • no they don't. maybe they just lost interest in you. :D

but seriously though, there might be a few who have that sort of preference but usually it really doesn't matter. baka naman you're talking about an 18 year old boy.

True.

I dont think its really more of the age, but probably on how you handle yourself. Some old women (in their late 20's, early 30's) could still attract younger men, for the simple reason that they look HOTTA.. admittedly, for guys to even give you a second glance, you should at least (note the word:least )look nice... *okay*

hahaha..come on, spiritedaway, what do you mean it USUALLY doesnt matter... kayong guys pa. admit it or not, it plays a big factor - its either, you want younger ones dahil fresshhhh pa, or the so called older ones dahil sa "maturity" they could share with you. :D
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    No problem except that i disagree. Love is not an emotion, to quote an author whose name I've forgotten. It's more of a decision and a vocation, so to speak. You have to make that choice and commitment. It's a continuous action.

What some people perceive to be love, more often than not, is usually just infatuation or a deep liking.

Aiee, yes, I am idealistic.

Well I wasn't seriously answering the question. I just remembered the song. Anyway, so you're an idealist? Let me ask you, what caused you or made you think like that or have a mindset like that? Had life been kind to you when it came to love? They say positive things come to those who think positive. I don't believe in that. It's all about Destiny. It's either you're lucky or you're not.
  • Well I wasn't seriously answering the question. I just remembered the song. Anyway, so you're an idealist? Let me ask you, what caused you or made you think like that or have a mindset like that? Had life been kind to you when it came to love? They say positive things come to those who think positive. I don't believe in that. It's all about Destiny. It's either you're lucky or you're not.

Destiny. Yikes. Luck. Double yikes. I also said I'm a pragmatist and a realist, so I don't believe in that stuff. I don't think we'll get along very well. hehe.

Unfortunately, life has not been as kind to me as you'd think. Yes, it's improved, but that's an altogether different story. Anyway, to answer your question, I just choose to be very rational about things. In a way, I know both the utopian and realistic - the former being the one to strive for, the latter to live in.

I think what you should ask is how a realist can also be an idealist.
  • aiee wrote: »
    hahaha..come on, spiritedaway, what do you mean it USUALLY doesnt matter... kayong guys pa. admit it or not, it plays a big factor - its either, you want younger ones dahil fresshhhh pa, or the so called older ones dahil sa "maturity" they could share with you. :D

fine fine. ideally it shouldn't matter. realistically, it does. let's all face it, it's the superficial things that really count - for men and women. men like hot little things that they can parade around with their friends, take to bed and have fun with. And women, I don't want to say anything.

Aiee? Tell us guys, truthfully, what superficial things girls look for.

I can feel that this thread is just going to be one loooooooong argument. hahaha
  • disclaimer: im no superficial, so ill just try to answer it the best way i can. hahahaha...

I know someone who came from a sosyal exclusive school for girls, and she's the perfect example of "superficial". Im not sure if the school played a vital role on her preference, but might as well mention it anyway.

her MUST haves:
    - nice car
    -atenista OR lasalista (other schools do not exist)
    - rich rich rich

Preferably:
    - someone who can swipe his card when she goes shoppin
    - someone who can bring her to fancy restaus and cafes
    - english spokening (hahaha)
    - certified angas, kalbo, hot , branded guy she can display anywhere at anytime of the day

obviously, women are into the material things, while guys are more often than not, after girls who can satisfy their "animalistic needs".
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    in our lifespan, just how many times we are supposed to say 'we are meant to be..?'

just once..? twice..? which 'meant to be' is the most valid..? is it the very last 'meant to be' we say before we die..?

just asking.. :)
  • in our lifespan, just how many times we are supposed to say 'we are meant to be..?'

just once..? twice..? which 'meant to be' is the most valid..? is it the very last 'meant to be' we say before we die..?

hahaha... most probably the last, kasi hindi mo na masasabi yung "we are meant to be" kung patay ka na... :D

but seriously, i dont think numbers really matter. im no god to say which one's valid, if there's even such thing. i cant even say na "its when u finally say i do", kasi there are still couples who claim to find "true" love even after marriage. i think, if you genuinely feel it, say it, numbers are just numbers, who cares anyway.
  • in our lifespan, just how many times we are supposed to say 'we are meant to be..?'

ooooooh... this sounds like a philosophical question. but, lemme just clarify, by "meant to be", you're referring to somebody making a mistake of some sort and then says afterwards that it was supposed to be like this and that, but due to some unforseen circumstances, what was meant to be didn't pan out? That sort of takes the drama out of a philosophical question. anyway...

I think it's valid anytime you say it as long as you mean it. Of course, obviously, we should make an effort to just be what we are meant to be, do what we're supposed to do instead of apologising later on.
  • aiee wrote: »
    hahaha... most probably the last, kasi hindi mo na masasabi yung "we are meant to be" kung patay ka na... :D

but seriously, i dont think numbers really matter. im no god to say which one's valid, if there's even such thing. i cant even say na "its when u finally say i do", kasi there are still couples who claim to find "true" love even after marriage. i think, if you genuinely feel it, say it, numbers are just numbers, who cares anyway.

*****, is that what he actually meant? haha... :bop:

well, i agree with aiee. saying you're "meant" to be with someone sort of alludes to some sort of destiny (or pre-destiny) which I don't believe in. I go back to my previous statement, that it's a decision that we have to make and that there is no higher order binding people together. It's just appaling that people still use this line.
  • hahaha... yes thats what he meant... napakacomplicated mo lang daw magisip, pa-philosophical effect ka pa... sus.. hahahh!!!

ok..next question please...
  • nalabuan ako sa sentence construction nya eh... at least gimme kudos for not haranguing him for that. hahaha
  • hahahaha... palusot...
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    aiee wrote: »
    disclaimer: im no superficial, so ill just try to answer it the best way i can. hahahaha...

I know someone who came from a sosyal exclusive school for girls, and she's the perfect example of "superficial". Im not sure if the school played a vital role on her preference, but might as well mention it anyway.

her MUST haves:
    - nice car
    -atenista OR lasalista (other schools do not exist)
    - rich rich rich

Preferably:
    - someone who can swipe his card when she goes shoppin
    - someone who can bring her to fancy restaus and cafes
    - english spokening (hahaha)
    - certified angas, kalbo, hot , branded guy she can display anywhere at anytime of the day

obviously, women are into the material things, while guys are more often than not, after girls who can satisfy their "animalistic needs".

aiee: ask that girl this. What does she got to go for a guy like that? Ano ba ipagmamalaki ng babaeng yan to have standards like that in a guy?
  • unfortunately, she's not my friend so i wont be able to ask her that, at kung friend ko siya, at ganyan siya, matagal ko na sinapak. haha!

let's just say na kanya kanyang trip lang yan...
  • oh come on you guys, you should all admit that to a certain extent that that is what or part of what you want. let's not be hypocrites.

this is social desirability talking. people keep on saying this and that, because they know that that's what's good but quite inevitably people also sometimes don't practice what they preach because their desires point to a different direction.
  • geez SpiritedAway, hold your horses. you sound like the perfect one. hahahah!

let me tell you one thing, not ALL girls are after money. keep that in mind! :)

and to be fairly honest, hindi lang GIRLS ang superficial, ang guys ba hindi after that as well? dont you guys look for rich pretty women? dont you think its your lucky day when you land a hotta who drives her own car?come on..lets get real here...

true na maraming nagkalat na user-*****es in this planet, but just the same as nagkalat RIN ang jerk maniacs...

im no feminist but i hope youd try NOT to think na lahat ng babae eh superficial lang, probably you just havent experienced one kaya youre kinda cynical. :) *okay*
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    aiee: ask that girl this. What does she got to go for a guy like that? Ano ba ipagmamalaki ng babaeng yan to have standards like that in a guy?

all i can say is (with standards like that) she'd better know all the positions in the kama sutra

and she better swallow too.