Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

how much exercise is too much?

i've been exercising regularly for the past few years, but for the past two months, i've upped my physical activity to everyday, about 45 minutes per day (mostly cardio). however, i notice that lately, i've been feeling a lot more fatigued than usual, and get pretty sore. should i eat more? exercise less? i just want to maintain my present weight.

any advice would be appreciated. :D

Comments

• You should only limit your cardio to 15 min, 4 times a week. Doing cardio everyday for 45 min/day will only weaken your bones and muscles because your body will use your muscle and bone energy first, then your fat energy. With regards to your eating habit, eat foods that are rich in protein such as chix breast,tuna and beef. And make wheat bread and oatmeal as your primary carb source. Try doing cardio (high intensity) for 15 min then train on free weights for about 30-45 min. Limit your workout within 1 hour/ 4 times a week. This will get you the results you never had. Trust me...this will work...
  • thanks for the reply. i definitely feel like i've got weakened bones and muscles now. :)

i don't know if this has any bearing on your original answer, but i'm female -- do those quantities of cardio/free weights still apply?

also, i only eat meat about 4x a week -- what will increasing my protein intake do? can i substitute food like tofu and eggs for meat?
  • I've recently plateaued as a result of over training I exercised 6 times a week from and hour and an hour and a half depending on my work out scheduel.

I can see all the muscle under my body fat but the fat never went away, so after three months of that kind of training I focused on my training and my diet at the same time, now I eat everything acording to the Canada food guide 50% veggies 25% carbs 25% protein. for at LEAST 3 good sized meals a day. I lost 10 pounds but I still had fat over my muscle (no definition on the abs especially). I have now stopped training regulary and am going to try a new routine but I don't know what to do. I feel disheartened that all that exercise didnt' give me the look that most men try to achieve from training, but I'm not giving up just yet.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Do more strength training and less cardio
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    guys, masama din ba ang everyday strength training (free weight training)
    floreno wrote: »
    guys, masama din ba ang everyday strength training (free weight training)

You don't need to do it everyday to get results
  • PExMan_00PExMan_00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^
    tama si blakedaddy! in fact, sa weights, ur muscles grow during rest days, hindi during working out! rest is overlooked sa mga beginners
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wow thanks guys.
  • i do weights,3-4 times a week, basketball (cardio) only once a week, and watch my diet...i managed to lose 10 lbs a month for the past 4months...walang pills, hardwork lang... mas crucial talaga yung weights kesa cardio...atsaka, pag tumigil ka tumakbo di kana mag buburn e, pag tumigil ka magbuhat, magbuburn ka pa rin, gets?
    I've seen a lot of guys lean out with proper dieting and just by following a strength program, even without doing cardio
  • I never do cardio. It slows down my metabolism.

The only way I can bring out the definition in my body is by controlling my daily calorie intake to a "proper" level, and doing high-volume strength training.

The fat will fall off at that point.
  • i've been exercising regularly for the past few years, but for the past two months, i've upped my physical activity to everyday, about 45 minutes per day (mostly cardio). however, i notice that lately, i've been feeling a lot more fatigued than usual, and get pretty sore. should i eat more? exercise less? i just want to maintain my present weight.

any advice would be appreciated. :D

what is your goal anyway? it all depends on your goal whether it be losing weight or gaining muscles.
  • leeangleeang PEx Rookie ⭐
    i know many bodybuilders that do not do a lot of cardio because they do not grow big daw. Ewan ko if this is true. Parang na-o-offset yung lifting gains nila. I'm not sure. Lagi nilang example si Manny pacquiao, which to me looks okay naman
  • Hi. I have a solutions to your concerns.THERE IS AN INCREDIBLE NATURAL WEIGHT-GAIN/LOSS,NUTRITION AND ENERGY PRODUCTS.30 day money back guarantee! In less than a week you will see its effects.

Email me at [email protected] or Call or Text me at 09276382067