Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Indian Food [Merged]

Thirty states in India, thousands of recipes and no two states cook one recipe the same way.

My favorites from the top of my palate: Hyderabadi mutton biryani with popperdam and lots of onion smothered in laban, mutton kourma or chicken depending on the mood, mutton, beef or chicken masala with Punjabi rice, chicken tikka with roti (clay oven-baked bread) with dahl (lentils on yellow sauce, could be curry I don't know) and paratta dipped in dahl or masala.

Hot or just plain spicy, Indian makes my day. Burn, baby, burn!
«13456

Comments

  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love their Chiken Tandoori!!! :up:

    Hmmmmmm....
  • I also like mutton biryani and Tandoori Chicken. Once in a while Naan ng chicken curry ok na.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Butter Chicken and Garlic Naan
    Chicken Tika Masala
    Lamb Biryani
  • I like Hossein's Persian Kebab along Makati Ave. The ambiance is great. Feels so homey.
  • moonshinemoonshine PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    recently ate at hosseins... ordered the kebab... okay naman, kaya lang i would like to try other dishes there.
    pls recommend what i can order.

    also, may alam ba kayong ibang indian resto... yung less expensive than hosseins kung meron ;) what specific dish ang okay i-order?
  • Originally posted by moonshine
    recently ate at hosseins... ordered the kebab... okay naman, kaya lang i would like to try other dishes there.
    pls recommend what i can order.

    also, may alam ba kayong ibang indian resto... yung less expensive than hosseins kung meron ;) what specific dish ang okay i-order?

    Kakainis nawala mga pinost ko dito. Anyway, again, for the benefit of those who are visiting this thread just now, try New Bombay Canteen in Dela Costa St. and in Buendia Shopping Center. Good, authentic, inexpensive Indian food. Must try: samosas, dal, lamb curry.
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    Kakainis nawala mga pinost ko dito. Anyway, again, for the benefit of those who are visiting this thread just now, try New Bombay Canteen in Dela Costa St. and in Buendia Shopping Center. Good, authentic, inexpensive Indian food. Must try: samosas, dal, lamb curry.

    Yes, I've eaten there and the food is oh-so-good!!! And its inexpensive. I just love their chicken curry. I keep ordering it.
  • Originally posted by greenscreen
    Yes, I've eaten there and the food is oh-so-good!!! And its inexpensive. I just love their chicken curry. I keep ordering it.
    All of a sudden I have this craving for INdian food. :D
  • try New Bombay Canteen in Dela Costa St. and in Buendia Shopping Center. Good, authentic, inexpensive Indian food.

    Yup!!! *okay* Food's good. Chicken Curry Yummy!!!
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    Kakainis nawala mga pinost ko dito. Anyway, again, for the benefit of those who are visiting this thread just now, try New Bombay Canteen in Dela Costa St. and in Buendia Shopping Center. Good, authentic, inexpensive Indian food. Must try: samosas, dal, lamb curry.

    Oo nga ang dami pa namang inputs ni spiteri about Indian cuisine natatandaan ko. How's the paratta in NBC authentic ba like flaky on the outside soft on the inside? Kinakarate din ba habang umuusok sa init to separate the fibers? I sure don't envy the guy who prepares paratta.:(
  • Originally posted by simonesez
    Oo nga ang dami pa namang inputs ni spiteri about Indian cuisine natatandaan ko. How's the paratta in NBC authentic ba like flaky on the outside soft on the inside? Kinakarate din ba habang umuusok sa init to separate the fibers? I sure don't envy the guy who prepares paratta.:(
    Hmm.. havent tried that one. Wheres that?
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    Hmm.. havent tried that one. Wheres that?

    He he he New Bombay Canteen not NBC Tent at the Fort ha.
  • Originally posted by simonesez
    He he he New Bombay Canteen not NBC Tent at the Fort ha.
    Ohhhh I see! :D

    HAvent tried it. DOnt know if they have it. Will try it next time Im there. :)
  • "Discovered" Uncle Ed's restaurant last Friday. HAd dinner with a friend. Great food. Reasonable prices. Our bill was P540 only. Had vegetarian samosas, mutton curry, palik panir (its a spinach dish, similar to our laing), steamed rice, sweet lassi and or course, gulab jamuns for dessert! Yummy! Promised the owner to return soon. Theyre located along UN Avenue right in front of Unilever (same building as Assads). They already have a branch in Cebu! And theyre opening another branch in Makati (Metropolitan Avenue) soon!
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    diba sa may makati meron? ano bang pangalan nun? basta ang alam ko malapit sa may tropical hut yata.

    and teka, yung sinasabi niyong NBC saan yan? thanks! :)
  • Originally posted by CoolCucumber
    diba sa may makati meron? ano bang pangalan nun? basta ang alam ko malapit sa may tropical hut yata.

    and teka, yung sinasabi niyong NBC saan yan? thanks! :)
    NBC is New Bombay Canteen. They have a branch along Dela Costa St, Salcedo Village and one along Buendia. I think thats the one near Tropical Hut youre referring to. :)
  • Originally posted by spiteri palik panir (its a spinach dish, similar to our laing)

    Hmm never tried that before. Sounds very interesting.
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    try New Bombay Canteen in Dela Costa St. and in Buendia Shopping Center. Good, authentic, inexpensive Indian food. Must try: samosas, dal, lamb curry.
    is this the resto in front of mini-stop on dela costa? if so, i agree that the food is good and seemed to be authentic indian fare (i'm not an expert e :D) and the service was good as well :up: the waiter was very attentive and the food was prepared and served quickly. but it's not so inexpensive - dinner for two cost P300+, and di ka masyadong nabusog.
  • Chicken Curry ---- masarap talaga !


    CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY (CPU)
    www.cpu.edu.ph

    :)
  • Originally posted by simonesez
    Hmm never tried that before. Sounds very interesting.
    Yummy sya. Bad trip lang napadami kain ko ng rice. :)

    is this the resto in front of mini-stop on dela costa? if so, i agree that the food is good and seemed to be authentic indian fare (i'm not an expert e ) and the service was good as well the waiter was very attentive and the food was prepared and served quickly. but it's not so inexpensive - dinner for two cost P300+, and di ka masyadong nabusog.
    Yep, thats the one. Sagittarius Bldg to be exact. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.