4% 1 vote
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
0% 0 votes

Comments

• XerophytesXerophytes PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Terrible movie.

Overrated.

Bores me to death.
  • read from IMDB that the movie "received 22 minutes of applause at the Cannes Film Festival." so, this must be good.

continuous applause (for 22 mins.) kaya to?
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Xerophytes wrote: »
    Terrible movie.

Overrated.

Bores me to death.

Expound, please.

Thanks.
  • This also BTW is subtitled. I agree with cynderssor, it made a buzz in Cannes and have gotten very favorable reviews.

Xerophytes, where did you see it? I know it's only been released in selected cities in europe. M'night's movies bores you too? I ask cause i might have different taste from yours. Thanks for the heads-up though, but i think i'll still go see it.
  • I want to watch this. I hope they show it here
  • I saw it during New Year's Eve (along with Dreamgirls), and it's one of the most haunting and beautiful films I've ever seen. There are some very intense moments, and the ending might make you shed a tear.

Still listening to the score on the film's official website.
  • the violence depicted in the movie was pretty brutal...yet very realistic...i actually cringed during one of the torture scenes...great movie though...true to the way it's being marketed, this movie really IS a fairy tale for ADULTS
  • Nice movie. Want to watch it again
    de_veelish wrote: »
    This also BTW is subtitled. I agree with cynderssor, it made a buzz in Cannes and have gotten very favorable reviews.

Xerophytes, where did you see it? I know it's only been released in selected cities in europe. M'night's movies bores you too? I ask cause i might have different taste from yours. Thanks for the heads-up though, but i think i'll still go see it.

UK.

I'm in Cardiff, 2 months ago na ata pinalabas yan.

My friends and I were excited about this at first, thought it's very good movie (which, I guess is relative to everyone). Probably, we are all thinking that the movie will be like that of Lord of the Rings / Chronicles of Narnia and that's why we are disappointed.

The thing with this movie is it tried to bridge the reality with fantasy, which I don't really appreciated with how they presented it. Although, I appreciated the musical score, which is really catchy. But other than, it was a forgettable movie - for me and my friends.
  • waiting for this too :D i caught a snippet of the director's interview on tve or dwtv at mukhang ayus nga. dubbed as the latin "lord of the rings"
  • cybernautcybernaut PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Xerophytes wrote:
    we are all thinking that the movie will be like that of Lord of the Rings / Chronicles of Narnia and that's why we are disappointed.
    no wonder you found the movie boring, you were looking for POPCORN movies! :hmm:
    ^

Ohh... I'm sorry about that. That's how they promoted the movie, hence, that's how we expected it.

In my point of view and in my opinion, the movie is no way extraordinary and forgettable. But that doesn't mean I only prefer 'popcorn' movie as you would put it.
  • i liked the movie. there were parts which bored me, but there were interesting parts as well. some of the scenes are not for children as they might get nightmares.
  • I'm going to see it tomorrow.....
  • when will it be shown here in the philippines?
  • Movie is original and was done well. From beginning to end, all ties-in to the whole, not a scene or time wasted IMO.
  • best movie I saw this January [I watched 17 movies]. guillermo del toro has a unique visual flair. the movie was so different from what i expected and it worked on multiple levels [cerebral as well as visual]. its a movie that bears repeating
  • jammerakwaii10jammerakwaii10 SeeTheLight PEx Expert 🎖️
    Probably the best movie of the year. It should have been nominated for Best Picture Oscar. *okay*
  • Has anyone here seen The Devil's Backbone? I think it's a good companion piece to this movie, except Guillermo dealt with ghosts instead of a fairy tale

Both movies are brilliant! This film should've been up there in the Oscar nominees instead of Babel, although it would've been pretty cool if all the Mexican directors got nominated (Innaritu, Cuaron and del Toro)

Just saw on Imdb.com that the film got an R-13 rating in the Philippines, anyone know when it's theatrical release is?