COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

[MERGED] Hair Loss / Alopecia ( No Selling Please )

jackjack Cebu Blogger PExer
nakakalbo na ako..hehehe? HELP!!!!!!!

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    There are so many causes and types of hair loss that it's impossible to give you any advice here. However, the general rule is, if it runs in the genes, there isn't really much you can do about it. You need to consult a dermatologist to see what exactly is causing the hair loss (sometimes, systemic illness may cause hair to temporarily fall out), and the dermatologist also needs to examine your scalp and hair loss pattern to see how exactly it should be treated.
  • archangelarchangel anti-social PExer
    Ira: effective ba yung Regroe? sabila leaves?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Yup, Regroe is effective in SOME types of baldness---your scalp needs to be examined first by a dermatologist before being able to know if it will work for you or not. My doctor-friend uses Regroe, and it's done wonders for his hairline.
  • archangelarchangel anti-social PExer
    I'm not really balding but my hair is just congenitally thin and my hairline is kinda high but still "hideable". And if ever I'll get bald which I hope would not but I think isn't inevitable, it will be becoz of genetics. Will regroe still work for me? I'm only 20.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Studies with minoxidil (Regroe) have shown good results in the treatment of androgenetic (male pattern) baldness at the top of the scalp. Best results are seen in patients who are less than 50 years old, and in those with recent onset (<; 5 years) and small diameters of baldness. I haven't seen you IRL, archangel, but I assume you fall under this category (androgenetic baldness, I mean). Nearly half of patients treated twice daily will have moderate to dense regrowth of the top of the head. But I'm not really sure with its effect on either sides of the widow's peak, where I guess you're developing baldness. Go see a dermatologist while it's reversible.
  • SHAIDERSHAIDER Member PExer
    Is Regroe pretty much the same as Rogaine, a lifetime commitment, once you stop treatment, all the hairs that you have grown will start to shed?
  • batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator ✭✭
    Before considering any of these medications for baldness, it's best to see a physician and as Ira suggested, a dermatologist. There are many side effects with these drugs and you will also want to get an honest assessment of whether they will work on you or not depending on many factors - eg. pattern of baldness, etc.
  • cloneclone Member PExer
    Stop worrying, Jack. If your worst fears come true and you lose most of your hair, there are a lot of women who think that bald men are sexy. Just look at Sean Connery. He was even voted People's Magazine's sexiest man of the year a couple, or so, years ago. Other examples: Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, to mention a few. So, cheer up, man.

Besides, most medications are not the "hair-raising" experience they are touted to be. ;)
  • huh?
  • Cookie_MobsterCookie_Mobster Blank PExer
    (off topic po)

kuya jagger? kaw po ba yan.. ranma po ito :D
  • Originally posted by Cookie_Mobster
    (off topic po)

kuya jagger? kaw po ba yan.. ranma po ito :D

NYI... oo ako to, kala ko naman doctor na yung sumagot sa tanong ko o...
  • IraIra Member PExer
    While stress may cause an increase in hair growth because of the stimulation of the adrenal hormones, I don't think it would be significant enough for anyone to notice.
  • ORACLEORACLE sightseer PExer
    Originally posted by clone
    Stop worrying, Jack. If your worst fears come true and you lose most of your hair, there are a lot of women who think that bald men are sexy. Just look at Sean Connery. He was even voted People's Magazine's sexiest man of the year a couple, or so, years ago. Other examples: Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, to mention a few. So, cheer up, man.

Besides, most medications are not the "hair-raising" experience they are touted to be. ;)
    HAHAHA. :lol: You forgot to mention that you also need to be rich and famous. *okay*
  • sabi ng officemate ko punasan nyo lang ng basang tissue yung "balding spot" nyo sa head nyo... kasi yung pwet nya lagi nyang pinupunasan ng wet tissue ayun nagkakaroon daw ng hair :D :D :D :D
  • cedar2islandcedar2island aLpHa-BeTa PExer
    try ROGAINE. saw the ad on tv. hope it helps :)
  • dudelishdudelish squeak. PExer
    okay, i'm sharing a house with a rowdy bunch of guys, and i notice that everytime i step into the bathroom, it's like pubic hell, there's pubic hair everywhere... in the tub, on the toilet seat, on the floor... plus sometimes on the couch and living area. that's not a big problem though, since all of us are hairy guys and we make fun of it. but i wanna know how much shedding going on under there is normal? what causes it? i recently switched to boxers, will that help lessen the shedding?

it's embarrassing sometimes for the caucasian guy we live with because it's eazy to trace the pubic hairs back to him coz he's a natural blonde. poor guy. and me, coz everytime i put out for my girl, well, you get the picture.
  • junben_cjunben_c Member PExer
    share naman your experiences/ views. thanks
  • Det7Det7 Member ✭✭
    umm... hOw you gonna say it to a deRmatOLogist?

"Miss.. nakakaLbo na ko, pachEck naman o.."

:)
  • kabisekabise Tindero sa 168 PExer
    i was having this conversation to this Doc who's speciality is hair transplant, ( i will post his website as soon as i get it) that propecia really stop the balding process. he said that it should be taken as a propylactic medication for men.

he even went into in depth explanation of what causes baldness, in men, he said that the main culprit in hair loss in men is the converted dehydrogen testosterone, what the propecia do is to block the conversion of the testosterone to dehydrogen testosterone. the added benefit he said is the extra amount of testosterone floating around your body.

my question,

do you think it is a safe bet to try propecia even though i haven't notice any sign of hair loss on me?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    It's safe to use this for up to 2 years, but because it blocks DHT, you may develop certain sexual side effects like less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, and a decrease in the amount of semen. If you haven't noticed any baldness yet, I suggest you skip it first. It only works for certain types of male-pattern baldness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file