Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

do muslims have christmas?

the reason i asked this is because my ex-boyfriend sent me a Merry Christmas text message. normally i would use all the legit holidays to greet him via text just to get in touch with him, but this time, di ako nag greet ng merry christmas kasi nga muslim sya. so, i replied ng merry christmas to you too. nalabuan lang ako if he greeted me because he knows i'm sad, for the sake of greeting me, or to make papansin (i'm hoping it's the third choice. ha ha)?

Comments

• C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i think they observe it but not a biggie thing....

christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birthday.

Jews dont celebrate christmas as well.

They celebrate Hanukkah.....
  • everyone celebrates christmas these days because it's become soooo commercialized. even non-christians join in the holiday spirit because advertisers have long conditioned our minds that happiness and good cheer can be wrapped in gifts and served in the dining table. remember it's one thing to celebrate the holiday season, and it's completely another thing to observe and prepare for the significance of jesus' birth.
  • I think so...

but not the Jehovah witness...
  • Muslims generally do not celebrate Christmas just like the Jews, generally speaking of course. But again, just like what El Mescalero said, some get into the spirit since it's everywhere if you live in a predominantly Christian country like the US or the Philippines. Muslims celebrate Eid ul-Fitr (which is the last day of Ramadan) which is loosely comparable to Christmas day for Christians.
  • i had an incident that i greeted someone merry christmas and then he stared at me blankly, and then after a few seconds he said that he is jewish in a kind of annoyed way. so after that i stopped greeting people merry christmas unless they greet me first. pero ang muslims ba di nao-offend if we greet them merry christmas?
  • eid al fitr is the muslim equivalent to christmas although very different in theme and relevance
  • how about iglesia ni kristo? i always have this feeling of shyness everytime i greet my bestfriend (who is an INK) pero sya naman nggi greet din sakin. but even though she greets me, i still find it awkward... for me to greet her and for her to greet me.
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i asked a co-worker who is married to a moslem

she said MOSLEMS DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS
  • here's a good logic. There's a christmas bonus at work. If you religiously doesn't believe in christmas and very faithful to your religion... will you not take the christmas bonus?

Unfortunately, regardless of religion, everyone gets their christmas bonus. So my guess is, EVERYONE in this world celebrates christmas. hehe
  • i had an incident that i greeted someone merry christmas and then he stared at me blankly, and then after a few seconds he said that he is jewish in a kind of annoyed way. so after that i stopped greeting people merry christmas unless they greet me first. pero ang muslims ba di nao-offend if we greet them merry christmas?
    I remember someone telling me that it's safer to greet someone "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." At least the former has no Christian precepts attached to it.
  • its bec of peeps taking away God from everything... the constitution, from school, etc. to the point of suing institutions bec they believe in a higher power and they got offended. its a very volatile issue here in the states. kaya nagkakagulo na rin America.

people don't even say God bless you around these parts even if in good intention.
  • Muslims consider Jesus Christ as one of their prophets in Islam . . . but not as significant as Mohammed which they consider as their greatest prophet . . . btw, Muslims dont celebrate Christmas, its not one of their holy days like Eid . . .

FREE TIBET !!!