Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

SOFGEN SA Pinas

mondiemondie PExer
edited March 2019 in The Working Filipino #1
Hi! do you know anything about SOFGEN SA Philippines? I've just been interviewed yesterday and just curious if this is a good company? Got the company from jobstreet.. Thanks please help me.. confused

Comments

• hi mondie. Sorry for late reply. Im from SOFGEN. I am a technical consultant. Working here for almost two years na rin. The company is on IT/Banking that caters services sa mga banks outside the country (unfortunately we dont have local clients). I was part of the earlier batch na nabigyan ng magandang salary package. Benefit-wise, the management are still working on it.

Tip lng... It's much better if the position you'll be applying for is consultant, than any other. In here, you'll have a chance to travel, have high salary, per diem, and profit sharing. For consultants, you'll most probably have a USD rate. ;)

Good luck!
  • san po ang office ng SOFGEN dito? i know a friend from SOFGEN pero sa SG na cia talaga nag-start.. may chance ba na doon ka rin ma-assign sa SG kung dito ka sa atin na-hire?

meron na akong offer as tech consultant dito din sa atin, but im still looking around baka may better pa. thanks.
  • hi hotsauce, almost 90% of manila consultants (business and techie) are in SG right now. yung 10% are in some other places like zurich, and some parts of asia. Yung mga senior techie and business eh in-absorb na sila sa geneva office.

yung office namin is at UNit805 Greenbelt Mansion Perea St, Legaspi Village, Makati. Beside Shang Tower.

Good luck
  • any email address, so we can send our resume.... thanks
  • what's the difference between a consultant to a developer/analyst? qualification? functionality? i'm wondering if i can apply as a consultant, been doing development and analysis for some years now...
  • free_radical: you can send in ur recent CV to [email protected]. I talked to our admin/hr and she mentioned to me that interested applicants should have atleast 3 years programming experiences. If you work in a bank setting, being a programmer there, then it will be definite plus to your application.

reighun: I think the only mean difference between developer and consultant is that in consultancy, you will be expected to do the user requirements yourself. That is, you will directly coordinate with the user which we usually do especially onsite. Of course there are business consultants who will basically help on this, but more often than not, users are directly in contact with techies.

For more info, you can check us at http://www.sofgen.com
  • Might as well post here the responsibilities and qualifications from our job posts in jobstreet:

Responsibilities:

•Analysis and design of technical solutions based on the capabilities of standard banking packages
    •Writing technical specifications and systems documentation
    •Development of banking systems using scripting languages and parameterisation
    •Perform unit, system integration and user acceptance testing (assisting users)
    •Change management of developments between development, testing, SIT, UAT and production environments
    •Investigate bugs raised by users; follow-through on resolution and rollout
    •Documentation of system procedures e.g. IT operations manuals
    •Training of IT personnel on the operation of the developed system

Requirements:

Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
    Required skill(s): Programming, IT Banking systems, Strong communication skills.
    At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
    Applicants must be willing to work in Makati City.
    Applicants should be Filipino citizens or hold relevant residence status.
    Preferably 1-4 yrs experienced employees specializing in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
    Full-Time positions available.
    Other detailed requirement as follows;
    •Minimum 3 years experience in developments in a banking/financial services environment
    •Oracle PL/SQL knowledge would be an asset as well as object-oriented banking systems (Position A only)
    •UniVerse / jBASE Infobasic knowledge would be an asset (Position B only)
    •Development experience in one or more of the following areas:
    -Securities trading and settlement
    -Portfolio/asset management
    -Treasury front and back-office (Product T only)
    -Loan processing, Deposit, credit/collateral and risk management
    -Trade finance and guarantees (Product T only)
    -Financial accounting in a banking/financial services context
    •Exposure to IT system implementation projects involving standard banking packages viz., Globus / T24, Avaloq
    •Strong background in IT systems and related processes e.g. testing, change management
    •Strong interpersonal communication with decision making abilities
    •Independent swift thinker with strong team player
    •Willing to travel extensively by adapting to work in a multi-cultural setting.
    •Fluent in English; knowledge of Mandarin would be an advantage
    •Tertiary qualification in information technology or computer science; additional qualifications in banking and finance, commerce, economics, accounting, management or operations research will be an asset

Office Address:

Unit 805 Greenbelt Mansion, 106 Perea St. Legaspi Village, Makati.

Important Notice:

We offer attractive remuneration packages and a profit-sharing scheme in relation with the candidate's experience and performance.
  • I used to work for SOFGEN but now I am based in Europe. I would say, it's good to work for them if you have no qualms about travelling, you have good communication skills, you are keen on being in the Banking industry and you are fine with being a highly-specialized technical person. SOFGEN deals with a core banking system called Globus. It's not like .NET or Java that you can use the technical know-how outside of the job. It's good anyway for consulting experience....Pay is definitely above average (at least in my time, don't know now)...Oh and the people are really nice and friendly! ;-)

Most of the Filipinos end up in Singapore but some (like me) ended up in Europe, etc.

Good luck! ;)
  • I want to try my luck here.. i just finished my studies.. and i have outstanding credentials..

are they considering fresh graduates?
  • may i ask if sofgen accept entry-level applicants for those who want to be a technical consultants...
  • eto ung post nila recently sa JobsPH.net

Company Name: Sofgen Phils

Industry: Information Technology

No. of people required: 4

Minimum Education Requirement: College Degree

Monthly Salary: P31k to 40k

Job Description/Requirements/Qualifications

Requirements:
    1. Preferably with experience in developments in a banking/ financial services environment.
    2. MS, SQL, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL knowledge would be an asset as well as object-oriented banking
    systems
    3. Universe/ JBase Infobasic knowledge would be an asset
    4. With at least 3 years experience with Visual Basic, Java, .NET, C++, C
    5. Exposure to IT system implementation projects involving standard banking packages viz., Globus/
    T24, Avaloq would be an advantage.
    6. Strong background in IT systems and related processes e.g. testing, change management
    7. Strong interpersonal communication with excellent problem solving ability
    8. Independent swift thinker & strong team player
    9. Willing to travel extensively and able to adapt in a multi-cultural setting.
    10. Fluent in English; Knowledge of other spoken language is an advantage
    11. Tertiary qualification in information technology or computer science, and qualifications in banking and finance, commerce, economics, accounting, management or operations research.
    Responsibilities:
    1. Analysis and design of technical solutions based on the capabilities of standard banking packages
    2. Writing technical specifications and systems documentation
    3. Perform unit, system integration and user acceptance testing (assisting users)
    4. Packaging and installation of programs
    5. Investigate bugs raised by users; follow-through on resolution and roll-out
    6. Documentation of system procedures e.g. IT operations manuals
    7. Training of IT personnel on th eoperation of the developed system

we offer attractive remuneration packages and a profit scheme in relation with the candidate's experience and performance.
  • uhm.. question.. is this thread still alive? any tips you can share about SOFGEN? thanks! :)
  • JackNDBeanstalkJackNDBeanstalk PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    matoi wrote: »
    uhm.. question.. is this thread still alive? any tips you can share about SOFGEN? thanks! :)

Did somebody just called you? I applied here more than a month ago and the other day I received a missed call from an unknown number. So i am expecting its them cause i never applied to any company this yr but to this company only- unless CC calls yun. I called the number but it was busy. I texted them to call me up again, they called up unfortunately i cannot answer it, i was with my boss and we are discussing something important. haay. it really frustrate me. I was really waiting for their call. Sana they call me again. The number called up i think 5 times. The first 3, my phone was on my bag it was on silent mode, then 4th one i answered but it disconnected. then the last one was the time I am with my boss.

I really want this company. They are in to core banking system and i really want be involve in this industry. :(

Lesson learned: Do not put your celfone to silent when you are expecting calls. Unless youre inside the church
  • up up up

any idea sa work environment, benefits?
  • JackNDBeanstalkJackNDBeanstalk PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Did somebody just called you? what positions are open?
  • For thos who are interested in applying:

SOFGEN holdings ltd., the world´s leading independent consulting company that specializes in Private, Commercial and Retail Banking is in need of IT professionals who have worked in the banking industry for at least 2 years.

SOFGEN also offers travel opportunities for its employees. Consultants can be assigned on projects at our principal offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, India and Singapore, in addition to a Microfinance practice based in Kenya

Interested applicants can send their resume to [email protected]. You can also visit www.sofgen.com, for more info regarding the company.

We also have openings for Jr. Consultants, FRESH GRADUATES are welcome to apply.
  • bump ko lang *** thread nato. I received an email a while ago and invited me to take a preliminary qualification test on Thursday. Anyone here who can give me pointers to review so that I can prepare for the exam. :D TIA! :)
  • ajteeajtee PEx Rookie ⭐
    uramaru wrote: »
    bump ko lang *** thread nato. I received an email a while ago and invited me to take a preliminary qualification test on Thursday. Anyone here who can give me pointers to review so that I can prepare for the exam. :D TIA! :)
    What position are you currently applying for?
  • and I'm afraid I wont pass. Haha marupok na talaga ang math stock knowledge ko. :bop:
  • tungkol san yun test? the usual ba abstract reasoning, numerical etc... mga how long yung test? i want to apply din