Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

what can you say about Robin Williams as an actor?

for me he is one of the best hollywood actor that i ever watched, very talented in both comedy and drama, the best among all stand up comedians, wala na the best lang talaga siya for me Viva robin willians!!!
«1

Comments

  • he is such a talented actor that he makes it look like acting is so easy. give him any role and im sure he can pull it off. i have been praying for so long for him to win an academy award, and im sort of disappointed that he got one for GOOD WILL HUNTING, since i thought this was not one of his rather, better roles. Pero hey, he won!!! :D and pansin naman na everybody was also rooting for him to finaaly bring home an oscar. gusto ko siya sa AWAKENINGS. grabe ang galing niya dun.



    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
  • Robin Williams is one great actor! He' my favorite, in fact. He can make you laugh your buts off in comedy or cry your heart out in drama films. Gustong gusto ko 'pag-ini-interview siya! Ang kwela! I read in the Reader's Digest that interviewing Robin Williams is like holding helium in your hand. He's someone everyone would want to have as a friend.
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    He's one of the two actors whose movies I never miss (the other one is Tom Hanks). He is a consummate actor, like Hanks is--he acts brilliantly whether you put him in drama or in comedy. Unlike most actors today, he isn't typecast into particular movie genres, and he never overacts (unlike Jim Carrey who's often over-the-top). It's too bad a lot of the roles he's getting lately aren't very memorable compared to his old films like Dead Poet's Society, Fisher King, and Awakenings.
  • Awakenings is one of his best movie for me next yung dead poet society, tapos what dreams may come, tapos ang dami ang hirap i rate dahil sobra talaga ang galing niya hands-up ako.
  • Robin Williams is so good at what he does that he has somewhat been stereotyped to off beat roles(the most common theme in his movies is his character being an unconventional)...

    among his films, my favorite is Dead Poet's Society... hindi ko agad na-appreciate film, until my college prof gave us an assignment to analyze which is the strongest and weakest characters... i ended up writing a really long and "unconventional" discourse on the matter...

    i say unconventional because i gave numerical values to every action of all the main characters... it was a positive value if it showed strength, a negative if it showed weakness... i watched every scene and tallied their scores... grabe, ang tiyaga ko noh?...but it was well worth the effort, my prof was pleased enough to give me a 1.25:)...

    Williams definitely is one of the best in the comedy/ drama genre...
    as far as i'm concerned, his only dud of a movie is hook...


  • Robin Williams is definitely a brilliant actor. He can perform well in both drama and comedy. He showed his brilliant acting abilities in Dead Poets Society, Goodwill Hunting, Dr. Hook, and a lot more.
    :)
  • may bagong movie ba si Robin Williams wala na akong balita eh!
  • i particularly loved PATCH ADAMS kase na-touch ako sa ginagawa nya for his patients...nailabas nya yung gustong ipahiwatig nung movie...first-class acting...great story...
  • Did anyone watch Robin Williams on "Whose line is it anyway?" a few weeks ago? He was so hilarious! For someone who hasn't done improv in a long time, he sure hasn't lost any of his comedic wit & timing!...But what's up with the blonde hair??!
  • he's a really good actor... galing nyang mag bigay buhay sa isang character... galing po... bilib ako...
  • Originally posted by sofia g9
    i particularly loved PATCH ADAMS kase na-touch ako sa ginagawa nya for his patients...nailabas nya yung gustong ipahiwatig nung movie...first-class acting...great story...

    What can I say about Robin Williams? He is the best comedian I have ever seen. I got hooked when i saw him in "Good Morning Vietnam". It was so funny the way he delivers his lines.

    My most unforgettable Robin Williams line is his monologue in GMV:

    "Gooooood Morning Vietnam and today we have Lieutenant Frenchy here from Intelligence, how are you Lieutenant? (Changing his voice to a dumbo-type voice / alternating).... I'm doing fine....So you work in Intelligence huh? .... Yes I do..... so what do you do in Intelligence?..... well basically we just find the enemy..... Finding the enemy, just how in the world do you do that?..... well, we go around the villages and ask everyone we meet: 'Are you the enemy?' and whoever says yes, we shoot them"..... (Just watch the movie! ;) )

    I have seen almost every Williams movie since then. Patch Adams was such a treat.
  • What makes him such a great actor is that he can play just about any role. He can do comedy and drama very convincingly. I love the movie (I forgot the title) wherein he is a kid who caught a serious illness that speeds up aging. Grabe nakakaawa talaga sitwasyon ng character niya don.What I like about his acting there is that although he can manage to flash a smile in the movie, you can see through the character that he is suffering.

    Kudos to Robin Williams!

    :goon:
  • Originally posted by Hot Pants
    What makes him such a great actor is that he can play just about any role. He can do comedy and drama very convincingly. I love the movie (I forgot the title) wherein he is a kid who caught a serious illness that speeds up aging. Grabe nakakaawa talaga sitwasyon ng character niya don.What I like about his acting there is that although he can manage to flash a smile in the movie, you can see through the character that he is suffering.

    Kudos to Robin Williams!

    :goon:

    I agree! Robin Williams can skillfully shift the mood from insanely hilarious to melodramatic in such a smooth manner. Sometimes he also inserts some funny lines in dramatic scenes. I've seen him do this in GMV, Patch Adams and other flicks but I think he did it best in Mrs. Doubtfire - And my God that movie was a riot!
  • SUPERB. TALENTED. VERSATILE.
  • perhaps the best actor of his generation with some utterly forgettable roles in his resume. Remember Father's Day with Billy Crystal? How about Being Human? And don't get me started with that piece of dreck What Dreams May Come....

    Still, the man who brought us Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting and The Fisher King can't be all that bad. He may not even be human (see Mork and Mindy). My only gripe is he has yet to get that all encompassing "great film role" ala Tom Hanks' Forrest Gump.
  • Originally posted by chezmaria
    perhaps the best actor of his generation with some utterly forgettable roles in his resume. Remember Father's Day with Billy Crystal? How about Being Human? And don't get me started with that piece of dreck What Dreams May Come....

    Still, the man who brought us Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting and The Fisher King can't be all that bad. He may not even be human (see Mork and Mindy). My only gripe is he has yet to get that all encompassing "great film role" ala Tom Hanks' Forrest Gump.

    What dreams may come was the worst! Still, he's one of my faves.
  • anyone who knows kung may upcoming movie na si Robin Williams...

    i also like his acting sa BirdCage....
  • he's incredible! not only for his talent, but for his love for children. i can tell it's genuine. and i love that about people!
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    one of my all-time fave actors! :handsdown: loved him in Jack & Patch Adams :wink:
  • i really liked him in hook and jack.

    the best talaga sya!

    *okay*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file