COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Why do Athiest and other believers hate God?

SAINT DESTROYERSAINT DESTROYER lolo pexer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Why is do atheists and other believers hate God/ Christians? What did God do to you to question his reality?

I really can't understand why people try as hard as they can to disprove God. Why can't they just let people believe what they want to. Do the haters have a negative experience that led them to despise God..

Comments

• kaningbrownkaningbrown Member PExer
    Overgeneralizing posts is overgeneralizing.

I really can't understand why people try as hard as they can to disprove those disproving God. Why can't they just let people believe what they want to? Do the haters of the haters have a negative experience that led them to despise those who despise God?
  • micketymocmicketymoc Oversized Member PExer
    Broad brushes make for bad pictures.
  • SAINT DESTROYERSAINT DESTROYER lolo pexer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Too much usage of intellectual words huh. wow.. Bash me more and more. I think it makes you happy and gay.

Im just defending and fighting for my faith, so hit me with your harshest shot...

Do disproving God makes you happy or contented with your life...
  • blue[]ceblue[]ce Member PExer
    How many atheists are out there really? And how many christians are out there?

The numbers speak for themselves! The christians are being persecuted! Oh Noes!

A faith not worth fighting for is a faith not worth believing.
    there may be many christians in the world but here in PEX . I am not so sure. There are more atheist than believers. seems the Atheists are bullying the christians in here with their harsh words and bashing.

Still i stand by my faith...
    Speaking for myself, I don't hate God. This blog post explains my stand.

I hate arrogance, small-mindedness, and superstition, much of which is a byproduct of religion. The outside world believes it is "polite" to say nothing when believers practice all of the above in the name of God.

Here at Pex, we don't think it's "polite" at all. We don't believe that religious belief should get a free pass. We don't believe that religious belief should be exempt from scrutiny.

Your rather amusing generalizations of what atheists "hate" exposes how little you understand of what atheists believe. So much the worse for religious wisdom.
    I mean, really. If you think there should be religous tolerance in this world (and I think it's a good idea to have that) why do you need to emphasize the numbers of Christians in this world? So atheists can join the majority? But numbers aren't necessarily indicative of anything, as cockroaches outnumber humans hundreds of thousands to one. If religious tolerance can work, we should all be tolerant of the lack of it.

I am a practicing Roman Catholic sir. I haven't missed a single mass in God knows how long. But you dont see me *****ing "Oh god, there's to many of them! Johnny Rico, where's our evac?"

Stand by your faith for all you want, but please stop thinking the world is out to get your religion. It's as ridiculous as it is paranoid.
    Stand by your faith for all you want, but please stop thinking the world is out to get your religion.

Second the motion, sir! And I must say, your Pacquiao motivational poster r0xx0rz! (my sister married a Mexican... I wonder what she'd have to say about this?)
  • blue[]ceblue[]ce Member PExer
    but here in PEX . I am not so sure. There are more atheist than believers. seems the Atheists are bullying the christians in here with their harsh words and bashing.

You mean of the 188,729, majority are atheists??? I think not. Who is bullying whom? Everyone is free to share their thoughts. Its just that most christians prefer to be silent when asked about their faith and cry persecution. While the atheists will consider what is on the table and why it is on the table in the first place :D

Then defend it. There are tons of threads to choose from. Fight for what you believe. In the process, you may learn a lot more about yourself and what you believe in.
    How many atheists are out there really? And how many christians are out there? "

The numbers speak for themselves! The christians are being persecuted! Oh Noes!"

I just answered this comment by blue[]ce
  • JaywalkerJaywalker quantum cat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    shameless self promotion there micketymoc :D might as well do the same. infidel boy in blabber mode Just click on the category "on atheism" in my side panel..

I don't hate god. Whether he's a good god or a "bad" god is irrelevant to me. It doesn't do anything to strengthen or weaken the case for his existence. A person, in essence, cannot really hate something that he doesn't believe exists. I hate stupid reasoning though. The type of reasoning that most of his followers use when they are in debate about god

It is also impossible to disprove god. What I try to disprove or discredit are outrageous claims and invalid logical arguments made by some theists. For example, creationists claim that the world is only 6k years old, that evolution never happened and that the story of noah's arc and the great flood actually happend. These are very unintelligent and very unscientific suppositions and deserve all the mockery that they can get.
  • validusvalidus The Fallen PExer
    Atheists don't hate God. They've got nothing to bash to start with. Isn't it contradicting to hate something/somebody you maintained doesn't exist?
    blue[]ce wrote: »
    Then defend it. There are tons of threads to choose from. Fight for what you believe. In the process, you may learn a lot more about yourself and what you believe in.

I wouldn't count on it... not from a guy whose most cunning riposte to an argument is "Too much usage of intellectual words huh."
    Jaywalker wrote: »
    shameless self promotion there micketymoc :D might as well do the same. infidel boy in blabber mode.

You got the right idea. What's the point of having your philosophy on the record when you can't bring it up if the situation calls for it? :D
    Too intelligent people..
    Too intelligent people..

Nothing wrong with being intelligent, is there? :bashful:
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Why is do atheists and other believers hate God/ Christians?

where did you get that idea? at most atheists may think that theists are ignorant and delusioned, but hate?

I really can't understand why people try as hard as they can to disprove God.

they do? how often do you hear of atheists bent on converting theists and how often do you hear of the religious converting the non-religious?

Do the haters have a negative experience that led them to despise God..

i think it is the other way. if someone was born with no religion class, he would most probably turn into an atheist. for example, you were born in an island alone like tarzan, do you think you'd be a theist, chances are you'd be an atheist.

what do you think made people actually believe in god? is it logical? isn't it simply because theists were born into their religion. and others who were converted into theism were converted because the converter came in a time when the converted was weak, similar to when a woman gets a new boyfriend on a rebound. are you gonna tell me due to faith? in who god, or isn't it simply in trust to the religion's hierarchy.

check this out too.
    http://rickym2.blogspot.com/2006/09/reason-gut-feel-or-faith.html
    Ricky, loved your entry on the Kalama Sutra - it happens to be my favorite Buddhist tenet. Buddhism must be the only "religion" that gives permission to doubt. :)
  • JongaJonga Banned by Admin PExer
    there may be many christians in the world but here in PEX . I am not so sure. There are more atheist than believers. seems the Atheists are bullying the christians in here with their harsh words and bashing.

the best way to stand by your faith is to not defend, take Jesus as an example

you should know by now the christian virtue of love, compassion, selflessness and of being unconditional.

the more you defend, the more you ruin God's plan...yes?

*okay*
    rickym wrote: »
    i think it is the other way. if someone was born with no religion class, he would most probably turn into an atheist. for example, you were born in an island alone like tarzan, do you think you'd be a theist, chances are you'd be an atheist.
    Hmmm. I've always thought of theism as an evolutionary feature in humans. Theism, or rather belief in the existence of higher power, is evolutionary compensation of the mind to keep things as workably rational as possible - since the brain works best when external stimuli fits its working parameters.

But that's just me. I sure would like to see an experiment on this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file