Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Diet for somewhat Acidic urine PH of 6.0

vp18vp18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
My urine PH is 6.0. a bit acidic.since normal is closer to 7.0 which could be the reason why i seem to have excessive saliva specially an hour or two after meals with NO stomach discomfort So im adjusting my diet and I have some questions

1 Is milk (bear brand), oatmeal (quaker oats), & Cornflakes(plain kellogs) only mildy acidifying foods ?

2. Is whole wheat bread less acidyfying than white rice ? Is white rice mildy , moderately or very acidic ?

3. It is said that those with more acid ) should avoid citrus food but I have seen more than a few articles that say that citrus fruits like
Lemons (said to be a VERY ALKALYZING ) and Orange actually have a very alkalyzing effect on the body. I was thinking of using Lemons and Orange to give flavor tomy veggies instead of using soy sauce (said to be quite acidic )

4 For protein soarce with low acidiy its okey to go with Tofu, Skinless chicken, egg white, cottage cheese and plain Yogurt right.

5 for sweetener instead of using EQUAL or brown sugar, honey is a better choice ?

I regularly take Iterax (Hydroxyzine) a H1 blocker 25 mg at bedtime as a sleep aid (doctor prescibed). Does Hydroxyzine affect acid or alkaline production on the body when taken regularly ?

Thanks a lot for any help

PS are there still practing doctors who visit this forum regularly ? Doc Ira used to be here regularly .

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Good morning. Please wait for the reply of the physicians.

I'm sure you know I'm an orthodontist ( a type of dentist).

The pH of water is 7. Drinking 7 to 8 glasses of water a day is good for you.

If you look at the ph readings at this thread: URINALYSIS: Please Interpret Results
    you'd realize that a pH reading of 5 (which is actually more acidic than 6) for urine is actually normal.

Feminine washes usually have a pH of 5.5, right? (Sorry, I can't figure out if you're a girl or a guy).

Currently, our regular licensed physicians here at "What's Up Doc" are Les, layer, marbles, and bluemoon5303. Sometimes dr.quack and The Phoenix also visit. I'm not sure if GR8_GUY's a physician (but my gut tells me he is).

I apologize if I've neglected to mention any of the other physicians here.

A lot of our physicians work in hospitals and have very long work hours. They can only Pex when they have free time. I personally am very grateful for all their generous contributions to this forum ( they do it for free, in the physical world you'd have to pay them P500 to P1,000 for every consultation).

Dr. Ira and eyedoc are very busy with their respective practices and personal lives so they don't have the time to Pex anymore.
  • vp18vp18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sorry forgot to clarify I'm a MAN
  • smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I see. Pasensya na, hindi kasi indicated sa profile mo.

Again, please wait for the reply of the physicians. Mas alam nila ito kaysa sa akin.
  • pH of 6 is normal. That is usually the normal urine pH i get from the lab. I would worry if the ph goes up to 8 or 9 (some bacteria love those numbers).

Theres a lot to be said about the pH of urine and i'd love to discuss them but suffice to answer your question, 6 is totally normal.

diet? not related to ph, but 8 glasses of water a day does wonders for the body.
  • some question i noted about kelloogs, soysause, and iterax, orange and lemons. Practitioners of alternative medicine (not necessarily real mds) would love to talk to you and discuss the joys of urine therapy and ick!

Don't worry about the pH. it has nothing to do with your state of health.. doctors will only look at the pHvalues when its has something relevant to an existing disease (eg patients with kidney stone ) but in a healthy patient otherwise, we ignore it.

iterax, don't know if it has an effect on the ph at all but like i said, the ph doesn't matter unless the doc will specifically look for it.
  • Tj is correct. pH only matters if you are a stone former. Some stones crystalize in an acidic urine hence you need to alkalinize. Some stones crystalize in an alkaline urine, hence acidify.

And oh, pH 6 is normal