Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Passing the cookie test

What is it to be stong?

For the past days I've been praying for the gift of strength. Strength not to fight for what i want but rather to deny myself that which i want. It takes more effort to keep fighting the urge than to simply give in. So that's what strength means...to deny oneself and come out of it victorious.

I'm getting there...I think I''ll finally pass the cookie test.

The irony of the situation is that the very person who told me that i should increase my emotional intelligence is the very person to whom I'm gaining strength to avoid. How ironic is that? He's now the cookie...and for me to increase my EQ is to deny myself of being with him. Life does play tricks on us doesn't it? It's funny, really, when you come to think about it.

The problem with letting go is not the act of physically leaving the person it's the process of detachment that comes after. When all the drama is over then we are faced with the evil twins...What If and What Could Have Been. These two really drive people nuts because they insert themselves in our brains and try to undo what was already done. Now we begin to second guess our previous decisions...it makes us fall back a step or two to recovery and even worse they sometimes make us think that things would change for us and become the way we want it to be. It rarely does.

Living in the hope is not the best way to live if you're in a dead end situation like I am. No matter how many What If's and What Could Have Been's there may be it would not matter one darn bit because at the end of the day it's still the same frigging situation...**** and all.

I heard a happy story today. I found out that a friend went through basically the same situation as i did but hers turned out to her favor. It was refreshing to hear that good things do happen to good people...but wait a minute that is not to say that if it didn't turn out the same way with me that i am not deserving of a good thing as well. I'd rather think that hers was really "meant to be" and mine...well...mine wasn't meant to have that ending but it was meant to happen so we would both learn and discover something about ourselves and that was it...nothing more nothing less.

I believe that there are no accidents...no coincidences. Things happen for a reason and what happened to me was not an abberation of some random act. It was meant for me to learn and i did and it's now time to go to the next destination.

At this particular time of my life my lesson is to learn how it is to be strong...to be selfless.

I wonder what the next lesson would be...jeez, i really hope it would have a happier ending.

Comments

• freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What i learned in LIFE :

To turn the negatives into POSITIVES...

Overcome FEARS... focus on your STRENGTHS

Everything happens for a REASON...

We each have our own mountains TO CLIMB...
    (don't compare your life with anybody else)

From time to time someone/ anybody can
    throw dirt at you... just shake it up...
    and take a step up... ( prove the person wrong )

Criticisms are like "lightning/rain" they just strike
    and pour... least expected( be sure to have an umbrella )

Believe in yourself...

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter...

Everything is just noise... don't believe what you hear...
    believe in what you KNOW...

Don't expect others to know you if
    you don't know yourself... ( you can't please everybody )

Your character ( how you treat others ), is sometimes
    far more important than your reputation (which is just
    a perception of what others think of you)

LIVE LIFE/ LAUGH OFTEN/ LOVE WELL...

these... are ALL easier said than done...
    freshbabe wrote: »
    What i learned in LIFE :

To turn the negatives into POSITIVES...

Overcome FEARS... focus on your STRENGTHS

Everything happens for a REASON...

We each have our own mountains TO CLIMB...
    (don't compare your life with anybody else)

From time to time someone/ anybody can
    throw dirt at you... just shake it up...
    and take a step up... ( prove the person wrong )

Criticisms are like "lightning/rain" they just strike
    and pour... least expected( be sure to have an umbrella )

Believe in yourself...

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter...

Everything is just noise... don't believe what you hear...
    believe in what you KNOW...

Don't expect others to know you if
    you don't know yourself... ( you can't please everybody )

Your character ( how you treat others ), is sometimes
    far more important than your reputation (which is just
    a perception of what others think of you)

LIVE LIFE/ LAUGH OFTEN/ LOVE WELL...

these... are ALL easier said than done...

pahabol pa... :lol:

No matter how strait the gate... or charged with
    punishment the scroll....

I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SHIP....
    & THE MASTER OF MY SOUL.

nobody can better run your life than you do...
    his best helper is HIMSELF
    *okay*
  • i had a boyfriend a few years ago. when he met me, i was insecure, jealous, and basically no sense of opinion or whatever. i was just not whole. we broke up, and all i could hear was him telling me "gusto ko sa babae yung strong". and it really woke me up. i told myself i could not keep on letting other people treat me like trash, because i deserve better.

oh yeah, i wonder what would've happened if he met me right now, who i am today. he probably would fall head over heels in love with me, but i keep thinking, i wouldn't like him as much as i did then. he's just not my type anymore. lol.

one day, you'll look back to this and just, you know, smile. but till then, hang on. keep praying. that works wonders.
    i had a boyfriend a few years ago. when he met me, i was insecure, jealous, and basically no sense of opinion or whatever. i was just not whole. we broke up, and all i could hear was him telling me "gusto ko sa babae yung strong". and it really woke me up. i told myself i could not keep on letting other people treat me like trash, because i deserve better.

oh yeah, i wonder what would've happened if he met me right now, who i am today. he probably would fall head over heels in love with me, but i keep thinking, i wouldn't like him as much as i did then. he's just not my type anymore. lol.

one day, you'll look back to this and just, you know, smile. but till then, hang on. keep praying. that works wonders.

boyfriend mo nga yung "hindi strong eh"
    nag-let go siya sa relationship.

He didn't make ways para... mag-compromise
    yung weaknesses mo
    and what he wants out of
    a relationship...
    not unless.. he's fed up na nga...

pwera lang kung you're being not reasonable...
    sa pagiging jelly...

what no sense of opinion??? meaning
    "tameme ka lang??"

minsan guys they make things complicated...
    tapos palalabasin na ikaw yung nagkulang
    ... :rolleyes:

what is his definition of being strong??? ba???:grrr:
    kaka-irita din minsan... talaga mga boys... :hmm:

its natural... naman to feel insecure...
    only if you feel being taken forgranted
  • if it seems like a neverending cycle, then it's no accident and coincidence but maybe there is sumthin wrong wit what you're doin.
  • fortune cookie for you :)

Life only demands from you the strength you possess.
    Only one feat is possible -- not to have run away. -- Dag Hammarskjold
  • lessons are good...but are you applying it?
  • meteora wrote: »
    lessons are good...but are you applying it?

wow meteora serious ka ha :D
  • ikaw naman...minsan nga lang akong maging serious..binubuko mo pa..hahahaha
  • ^^ natawa ako dito... heheheh!!! alam na alam na likaw ng bituka mo kasi METEORA!!!

im not taking life seriously right now.... sana lang wlang palo na ganun kahigpit...
  • nakakahalata na ako ha....porket matagal na akong hindi nakakapag post... sige pag ako nagbakasyon, libre na lang kita ng toothpick.
  • hehehe.. di naman sa ganun... ako din naman eh... .tagal na di post hehehe!!!

send mo sakin ym mo ulit, na-hack un dati ko id eh....