Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Goiter Meds help

XzRzXXzRzX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
My aunt is flying in from the states for the holidays and she was wondering if the local drugstores here carry here the medicine (Cytomel , or other brand name) Liothyronine Sodium in tablet form, for her goiter.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good afternoon XzRzX. I'm a dentist. Please wait for the reply of the physicians.

Liothyronine is listed/mentioned in BFAD's website: Liothyronine Tablet. I can't figure out though whether it's available in the philippines or not.

The latest MIMS I have is 2004 and it's not mentioned there.

I'm curious, can't your aunt just buy extra medicine and bring it with her when she visits the Philippines?

Does it have anything to do with airports having stricter guidelines?

Can't she just bring a note/certification from her doctor that what she's carrying is medicine?
  • XzRzXXzRzX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    She's planning to stay for a while and she probably doesn't want to bring a lot of her meds into the country. Anyway she just asked me to ask around so im assuming that's the reason :D
  • marblesmarbles PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    There's no Liothyronine sodium listed in MIMS. Levothyroxine, however, is locally available and performs the same function as Liothyronine. Tell your aunt that it's best if she could bring her medicines in adequate amounts for her entire stay here (with prescriptions of course). If she chose to bring less, if her meds run out, she'll need to see an endocrinologist who may opt to do lab workup before she's given a prescription.

Thyroid Hormone brochure