COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Ano sa ingles ang apog?

clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Ano sa ingles ang apog?

I've heard this term being used again & I am intrigued.

What are the uses for apog?

Comments

• Betel nut? Not sure.
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Probably not cause it is being used as a preservative.

Betel nut is for nga nga right?
  • tantratantra Member PExer
    What's apog?
  • the_querentthe_querent Member PExer
    lime (dayap) 'ata. o kaya yan 'yung parang ashes ng burnt bones, shell, wood, etc. 'yung powdery white na substance. correct me if i am wrong po.
    Yes, that's it.

pero iba ang lime dito eh (totoong lime).

yung pangbabad sa kalabasa or kundol para ma retain niya ang crunchiness niya.

gusto kong magtanong kung meron niyan dito sa amerika pero hindi ko alam kung ano ang tawag.
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 Simplified. PExer
    I think you are referring to lime as a mineral. Kalburo in tagalog, Calcium carbonate is used for that purpose. It also keeps mangoes fresher longer.
  • NoYNoY_CasTiLLoNoYNoY_CasTiLLo The Golden Boy PExer
    kapal ng apog mo.

if we translate this in english excluding the word apog, we get:

your apog is so thick.

hitherto

apog = schlong aka wang aka dong
    Yeah, tell that to your dumb dad who made you.

I think you are referring to lime as a mineral. Kalburo in tagalog, Calcium carbonate is used for that purpose. It also keeps mangoes fresher longer.

Thanks Papichulo.
  • so apog and nga nga are different? :lol: Sorry for the mix up.
  • the_querentthe_querent Member PExer
    kapal ng apog. parang kapal ng mukha mo. o kaya "bloated ego". mayabang. maangas. oops..di na 'to related sa topic.
    ^ yup. the other meaning of apog.
  • apog is calcium carbonate... it is used to fast ripen some fruits especially mangoes....
  • narutrixnarutrix Pagla2kbaySmundoNgKawalan PExer
    ^^ yup sa magoes usually ito ginagamit. didnt know na calcium carbonate pala ito.
  • GilmoreGalGilmoreGal Member PExer
    hindi by lye powder? (ay mali ata rinig ko hehe)
    Meron daw sa palengke nyan, sa nagbebenta ng mga gulman gulman (?)
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 Simplified. PExer
    narutrix wrote: »
    ^^ yup sa magoes usually ito ginagamit. didnt know na calcium carbonate pala ito.

Eto din yung ginagamit sa mga bamboo cannons. In its mineral rock form, if you pour a little water on it, it reacts and produces a highly volatile and explosive gas (acetylene I think) that causes the explosion in the bamboo cannons.
  • ghuertoghuerto SmOKiN'........ PExer
    apog is lime
  • cheeky Solomoncheeky Solomon Member PExer
    Apog is lime from limestone. Is lime the same as Calcium Carbonate?
  • cretinous00cretinous00 The sea! The sea! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sorry guys,

calcium carbonate or limestone (CaCO3) is basically inert to humans except when in contact with digestive juices in the stomach.

"lime" used to make whitewash paint is hydrated lime Ca[OH]2. it's produced by heating CaCO3 to produce CaO. and then the CaO is "slaked" with water (therefore it's called slaked lime.)

aside from painting posts and gutters, slaked lime was used in women's and men's makeup. so "ang kapal ng apog mo" means your "added" skin makes you calloused.

the "lime" used in chewing betel nut is also slaked lime and it fights the acidic properties of the areca nut and mustard stick with which it is chewed.
  • xctrekkerxctrekker Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    so apog and nga nga are different? :lol: Sorry for the mix up.

Magkaiba. Pero ginagamit ang apog sa nga-nga (=apog+bunga (areca nut)+dahon ng ikmo, IIRC).

My lolo used to chew nga-nga. He usually rolled a few at a time and carried them in a small buri pouch. Out of curiousity, we kids one day stole some and tried them. Gawd, they tasted AWFUL!!
  • cretinous00cretinous00 The sea! The sea! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    areca chewing is also cancerous so let the practice die out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file