Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Chasing After Butterflies

Have you ever tried chasing after butterflies? It's tough...if not virtually impossible.

Won't do anyone good to chase after something so elusive much less have a relationship with one. That reality has been constantly being rammed into my thick skull for the longest time. But alas there is something so very mesmerizing about butterflies so very intriguing yet so deadly.

It may be a magical experience but only for a limited time because butterflies tend to fly away without hesitation to their next destination. Hanging on to them is futile because you are just a stop over after all. The hurtful part of the experience is that you get left behind without a warning. One day you're up in the clouds the next day you're down on the ground and you never knew it coming.

I heard someone say that when you're heart takes a big blow and it gets torn into a million pieces, your heart grows back bigger than it was the first time. Maybe that's why I could feel no anger just a quiet acceptance and deeper understanding. Sure the tears are there but my feet is still firmly on the ground this time and i have a stronger resolve not to chase after butterflies...i keep my palm open this time. So go on and fly...you're free to fly...my butterfly.

I firmly believe that I am worth coming home to and build a home with...since you choose to fly away...then i guess you're not the one for me. Somewhere, someone, sometime i'll be found and i'll find the one for me. And that would be the happiest day of my life...no more chasing after butterflies.

Comments

• that's very nice. makes me want to fall in love all over again! :love:
  • bbbbbbbbbbbb PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    pano pala yung relationship between the flower and the butterfly.. pagki-nonvert mo sila sa tao?

who's chasing who..
  • cecill wrote: »
    Have you ever tried chasing after butterflies? It's tough...if not virtually impossible.

Won't do anyone good to chase after something so elusive much less have a relationship with one. That reality has been constantly being rammed into my thick skull for the longest time. But alas there is something so very mesmerizing about butterflies so very intriguing yet so deadly.

It may be a magical experience but only for a limited time because butterflies tend to fly away without hesitation to their next destination. Hanging on to them is futile because you are just a stop over after all. The hurtful part of the experience is that you get left behind without a warning. One day you're up in the clouds the next day you're down on the ground and you never knew it coming.

I heard someone say that when you're heart takes a big blow and it gets torn into a million pieces, your heart grows back bigger than it was the first time. Maybe that's why I could feel no anger just a quiet acceptance and deeper understanding. Sure the tears are there but my feet is still firmly on the ground this time and i have a stronger resolve not to chase after butterflies...i keep my palm open this time. So go on and fly...you're free to fly...my butterfly.

I firmly believe that I am worth coming home to and build a home with...since you choose to fly away...then i guess you're not the one for me. Somewhere, someone, sometime i'll be found and i'll find the one for me. And that would be the happiest day of my life...no more chasing after butterflies.

this is soooo nice. :) i love it :)
  • i'm guilty rin of chasing butterflies...eh layo ng layo sa kin..hinabol ko pa rin hanggang sa maumpog sya sa bintana..ayan nag crash..hahahaha
  • baklitabaklita PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

ako rin natisod at nadapa sa kahahabol ng butterfly. kya
    sa susunod di ko hintayin ang kanyang metamorphosis.
    huhulihin ko na sya habang uod pa laang sa puno noh!

kelan kya ako maging tutubi? pwede rin ako maging
    mabango, malaki, mahalimuyak at kaakit-akit na bulaklak.

aihihihi!!! :)

baklita

• samantha_jonessamantha_jones PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    And I qoute:

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."
  • very well said...

yeah...

"Somewhere, someone, sometime i'll be found and i'll find the one for me. And that would be the happiest day of my life...no more chasing after butterflies."

-this would be my fervent hope...
  • yung tutubi ba counted?
  • tsk tsk tsk....

nakkalungkot man isipin, di mo pala alam ang pagkakaiba ng butterfly at tutubi.....

un tutubi may shades, un butterfly may headband na may 2 antenna, gets?!!
  • ^ funny! very clever huh...

reminds me of the song butterfly by mariah carey

i guess the key is to accept and never expect.
  • soltera81soltera81 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The piece is beautiful, poignant. I could relate. I've also written articles with the same theme and mood. :)
  • Before chasing butterfies, you gotta learn first to care for caterpillars. ;)