COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

Nebulizer

JdelaCruzJdelaCruz Place Avatar Here PExer
What are the symptoms that indicate the need for nebulizer treatment? How do you know it's time to take it out of the cabinet and use it on the kid? What are the tell-tale signs? Can you help me save a trip to the pedia? Everytime we go and all the Dr. says is "pausukan yan" (P500 na yun!) makes me wish I went to med school even for just one day -- the day when the topic was "When To Use a Nebulizer". :bah:

Comments

• msblesmsbles working mom PExer
    JdelaCruz wrote: »
    What are the symptoms that indicate the need for nebulizer treatment? How do you know it's time to take it out of the cabinet and use it on the kid? What are the tell-tale signs? Can you help me save a trip to the pedia? Everytime we go and all the Dr. says is "pausukan yan" (P500 na yun!) makes me wish I went to med school even for just one day -- the day when the topic was "When To Use a Nebulizer". :bah:

Whenever my kid looks like he has any difficulty at all breathing, like hard cough or nose congestion, I let him use the nebulizer, but I only use saline solution (or water kung walang saline solution). Now, if you use saline solution or water, kahit gabi-gabi mo gawin, no prob, para lang siyang tumira sa jungle at huminga ng clean, moist and warm air, which is ideal.

Anyway, Kung wala namang asthma kid mo, you almost never need to use anything more than saline solution.

My brother, dad, and sister have asthma. They use the nebulizer with Salbutamol inside everytime na hindi kinaya ng Ventolin spray ang asthma attack nila. Pag ndi parin kinaya ng Salbutamol via nebulizer, THAT'S when they go to the hospital.
    P.S. ang mahal naman ng pedia mo! :)
  • JdelaCruzJdelaCruz Place Avatar Here PExer
    ^ Wow! See that! I didn't know you could just use water or saline solution which absolutely makes sense! Thanks msbles. Kami kasi, ventolin lang ang alam ilagay sa nebulizer.

Which brings me to another question: What's the harm in using ventolin when it turns out it wasn't really necessary? Is it really bad and harmful for the kid?

Mahal nga ng pedia! Meron pa ngang P600 pero iniiwasan talaga namin yun.
    Ventolin dilates your child's air passages to help him breathe more easily. If you use it too often, your child's body might get used to it and it might be difficult for him to breathe without it.

But what is too often? I don't know :) Ask your pedia para masulit naman yung 500 na sinisingil nya sayo! :lol:

Btw, does your child have asthma?
  • SexyLadyyySexyLadyyy Butterfly Kisses PExer
    hello guys, around how much is a nebulizer and where can i find a good one here in manila...would you suggest any brands?

thanks!
  • daleedalee Member PExer
    I think nebulizer cost around 2k+ in Bambang...the brand is OMRON.
  • about_a_boyabout_a_boy Member PExer
    SexyLadyyy wrote: »
    hello guys, around how much is a nebulizer and where can i find a good one here in manila...would you suggest any brands?

thanks!

pulmo-aide is a good brand. it's used in hospitals.
  • mytitagirlmytitagirl Member PExer
    don't remember the store name, pero dun sa robinson's galleria, malapit sa mga nagtitinda ng barong, meron medical supplies...nasa P3,500 yung nebulizer 5 years ago pa yan.

yung mask na kasama sa nebulizer too big, so bumili ako ng child mask sa mercury, hindi ko na tanda price.

when to use: kapag inuubo na grabe at hindi na makatulog sa gabi. meron na akong stock nung nebules, pero tuwing gabi bago matulog lang. if talagang grabe na at meron lagnat, dala sa pedia at usually ang gamit ng nebulizer nagiging 3x a day ang prescription for the next 3-5 days.
  • cmars2cmars2 Wounded but Standing PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Merong portable nebulizer ang pulmo-aide, we got it for Php3,000. Yung tubes/cord and mask, disposable yon. May nabibili sa Mercury drug for Php100 ata.

I use Salinase kapag di makahinga ang anak ko. :)
    cmars2 wrote: »
    Merong portable nebulizer ang pulmo-aide, we got it for Php3,000. Yung tubes/cord and mask, disposable yon. May nabibili sa Mercury drug for Php100 ata.

I use Salinase kapag di makahinga ang anak ko. :)

Salinase! That's right, that's what my husband got too. We try too keep the nebules as a last resort, only if our kid is wheezing, pero kung ubo lang or clogged nose, we don't use Salbutamol yet.

Although personally, I like Salbutamol, nakaka-tulog baby, parang may sedative effect :lol:
    ^^
    Ang anak ko rin, nakakatulog kapag Salbutamol ang ginagamit ko. :glee: Sabi naman ng pedia, half ng Salbutamol + 5drops of Salinase okay na. :)
  • SexyLadyyySexyLadyyy Butterfly Kisses PExer
    hey guys, thanks sa replies ha... already got pulmo-aide nebulizer at mercury drug at 3.7K for my 6 mos old baby. According to my pedia, i can just use normal saline solution muna and no need yet for ventolin.
  • zenithcutezenithcute urban mama PExer
    san po nabibili yun portable na pulmo aide na nebulizer? we travel a lot eh the pulmo aide na hiniram ko sa brother ko mejo malaki at bulky. it would be a big help if the nebulizer is portable. thanks
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS Only 15% Lesbian PExer
    whenever parang sinisipon (as in sumisinghot) or inuubo yung bata... pede na i-nebulize using saline solution (or just distilled or mineral water and some salt, you don't even have to buy yung isang bote ngs aline solution)... it basically just clears the passageays naman...

am not so sure about using nebules (like ventolin) so freely but as far as i know din it doesn't create naman a dependency... pero use it siguro pag talagang grabe yung sipon nung bata, or asthmatic nga sya, or may rhinitis din (sinus allergies)

pede rin naman you can make it a habit na at least once a week you nebulize the child... parang weekly cleaning of passages lang :)

and you yourself can use the nebulizer (buy your own tubes and mouthpieces lang), again either using salt solution or nebules, if you're suffering from colds and allergies :)
  • LolitaLolita Member PExer
    Thanks for this!

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na you can use water with your nebulizer.
  • amberaciousamberacious Member PExer
    We found out that my 1 year old baby has bronchial-asthma ang last monday and the doctor said we need to buy a nebulizer. We bought the Air-Life Nebulizer about 1700 sa bambang yun lang daw kasi ang made in US. Since monday nag nnebulize sya with Asmalin 4x a day tapos my 2 other medicines pa.

I asked the same question to our pedia-pulmo just this morning. Sabi nya dapat dalhin ko sa kanya 1st para ma check kung need mag nebulize. If frequent daw ang ubo and sipon or asthma attack, dapat bumili na din ako ng stethoscope para turuan nya ko kung anong sound ang dapat hanapin parang sign ng asthma nya...
  • LolitaLolita Member PExer
    I'll be going to another pedia tomorrow for a 2nd opinion.

Our original pedia kasi cannot say if my baby has asthma but she prescribed already ventolin and budicort.
  • ladyhushtillaladyhushtilla ==pRiNcEzZ== PExer
    ako din yung baby ko kapag napaliguan ng hapon malala ang ubo niya and hindi makatulog kasi makati ang lalamunan palagi siyang sumusuka.. ang sabi ng pedia niya if less than 1 year old hindi pa daw pwede iconclude na may asthma si baby, I keep on asking her kasi may history kami....

but kapag sinusumpong ng matinding ubo si baby ventolin nebules w/ salinase tapos makakatulog na siya
  • ainabrualainabrual Member PExer
    msbles wrote: »
    Salinase! That's right, that's what my husband got too. We try too keep the nebules as a last resort, only if our kid is wheezing, pero kung ubo lang or clogged nose, we don't use Salbutamol yet.

Although personally, I like Salbutamol, nakaka-tulog baby, parang may sedative effect :lol:
    cmars2 wrote: »
    ^^
    Ang anak ko rin, nakakatulog kapag Salbutamol ang ginagamit ko. :glee: Sabi naman ng pedia, half ng Salbutamol + 5drops of Salinase okay na. :)

>>question lang mga moms..how safe is salbutamol for coughing babies?parehas lang yun ng ventolin,diba?generic lang ang salbutamol/guiafenesin?tama po ba?medyo makapit kasi plema niya.wala kami ginagamit kungdi salinase,minsan saline solution.please help.thank you.
    ainabrual wrote: »
    >>question lang mga moms..how safe is salbutamol for coughing babies?parehas lang yun ng ventolin,diba?generic lang ang salbutamol/guiafenesin?tama po ba?medyo makapit kasi plema niya.wala kami ginagamit kungdi salinase,minsan saline solution.please help.thank you.

Kung talagang makapit, pwede na yung generic na salbutamol. Pwede na Hivent or Aerovent, kung gusto mo matindi, Ventolin pero parang sobrang tindi na yon, for asthma na rin kasi.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file