Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Nicotine Stains ( Yosi Stains sa teeth))

hi guys,

just wanna ask whats the best way to remove yosi stains sa teeth ?

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hello there. Nicotine stains are extremely adherent. The only way to remove them is for you to have oral prophylaxis done a dentist. You'll need to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist.

Unfortunately, unless you stop smoking, the stains will just keep coming back.

You are aware that smoking predisposes you to a lot of cancers, including cancers of the tongue, the throat, the lungs, etc. (Sorry dude, I need to say this since I'm a health care professional....nothing personal, trabaho lang).

A lot of dentists charge higher for removing nicotine stains ( nanunuot naman kasi talaga at matagal bago sila matanggal). You might be charged P1,000 for the removal of the stains as well as other debris from your teeth.
  • ^^ thanks a lot for the reminder smilewarrior *okay*
    You're welcome.
  • Nicotine stains are also rough, so it makes plaque adhere more to your teeth... which promote periodontal disease. An oral prophy with proper oral hygiene practices will give you better teeth, better gums, a whiter smile and a fresher smelling breath! :D
  • Nicotine stains are also rough, so it makes plaque adhere more to your teeth... which promote periodontal disease. An oral prophy with proper oral hygiene practices will give you better teeth, better gums, a whiter smile and a fresher smelling breath! :D

even with proper oral hygiene practices, will stains like coffee and nicotine be prevented or rather removed?
    ^Hello again. For nicotine stains, unless you stop smoking they'll just keep coming back.

For coffee stains/tea stains, I don't think it's practical for us to tell our patients to stop drinking tea and coffee. The stains will just have to be removed every 6 months through professional cleaning.
  • ^ hi doc, since you've mentioned about the coffee/tea stains, can it be prevented by brushing the teeth after drinking (tea/coffee)? Ive been cleaned(??) a few months ago and my dentist told that those stains where caused by drinking tea/coffee.
    Good evening johndoe_ph. The stains will keep coming back as long as you keep on drinking tea and coffee. Meticulous hygiene will help minimize the stains but it will not completely eliminate them.

I'm not saying coffee and tea are bad though. Just have your teeth cleaned 2x a year and you'll be ok.

Coffee and tea stains are not as destructive/problematic as nicotine stains.
  • How does one differentiate nicotine stains from that of coffee and tea?
    ^The odor/smell for one thing, also the consistency (nicotine stains tend to be extremely tenacious).
  • doc, ilang years ba (mag smoke) bago magka cancer? thanks
    ^^Good afternoon heygurl. Your question can be better answered by an oncologist ( a physician who specializes in the treatment of cancer).

I can't give you exact figures, but I do know that the longer you smoke, the greater your chances are of developing cancer.
  • Hi. Having seeing cancer on many sorts, what you should fear is not lung cancer due to smoking, but Oral Cancer...cancer in lips,cheeks,gums,Tonque(dreaded) and your throat.

They are caused by frequent smoking, using of pipes,and inverted smoking(where you smoke with the filter outside and the burning part inside your mouth...common in Provinces) as the Japanese doctors have said...depending upon the size and apeearance of the oral cancer..you are most likely to live around 6-8months without management