Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

help..side effects of doxycyline

Hi guys. Nagpaderma kasi ako then yung oral meds. Ang binigay sakin was tetracycline.

Three weeks ako umininom, pero ngayon lumipat ako sa ibang dermatologist. Doxycycline naman yung oral meds na bigay niya.I forgot to tell her na nag take na ako ng tetracycline, masama ba yun?

Two weeks na me umiinon ng doxy pero sabi niya magtake pa daw ako for another week.

Question: Harmful ba yung side effects ng doxy at tetra? natatakot kasi ako sabi nila baka mag cause daw ng liver disease . Nag-iisip tuloy ako ngayon if itutuloy ko pa for another 1 week yung doxycyline.

Thanks.

Comments

• doxycycline? panderma? yan ang gamot ko sa broncho.. and effective sya, antibacterial.

i am not really sure if we're talking bout the same doxycycline,m pero ung sakin, no side effects, aside from constipation. kaya kailangan laging water.
  • orange_sky wrote: »
    Question: Harmful ba yung side effects ng doxy at tetra? natatakot kasi ako sabi nila baka mag cause daw ng liver disease . Nag-iisip tuloy ako ngayon if itutuloy ko pa for another 1 week yung doxycyline.
    Thanks.

I actually haven't given doxycyline for skin problems before. It may cause liver and kidney problems and a common side effect would be gastrointestinal irritation. Please tell your MD about your previous intake of tetracycline. Pareho lang naman sila ng doxycycline (same class of drug) and your MD might need to shift you to another drug if it's still not working. :)
  • the tetracycline class of drugs are indicated for treatment of acne vulgaris, caused by Propionobacterium species, which I presume to be your condition. Side effects are usually gastrointestinal upset and photosensitivity. They are also contraindicated during pregancy. Yes, tell your doctor you have taken tetracycline before, as they are of the same class.

use of topical antibacterial agents such as benzoyl peroxide in combination with systemic therapy might be indicated if your acne persists. ask your doctor about them.
  • ^for tetra..discoloration of teeth
  • smilewarriorsmilewarrior PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^
    Discoloration of teeth when an individual 0 months (or even younger, while the infant is inside the womb) to 8 years old is exposed to it.

Tooth discoloration does not occur in adults.
  • cutedoccutedoc PEx Rookie ⭐
    doxycyxline = commonly prescribed drug for the infection of skin and soft tissue(particularly acne vulgaris) and gonorrhea

side effect = teeth discoloration, enamel hypoplasia
  • pampi1010pampi1010 Orthos Paidion PEx Expert 🎖️
    I took doxy before for my skin problems though i didnt have that much acne. What I had were white heads. After taking the antibiotic even without presciption extensively for about a week, I had an oral thrush. I was wondering on how I got that thrush even though I was already having an antibacterial.

It just came to me that thrushes are caused by fungal elements and not by bacteria. A senior told me that I may had the thrush infection because of the antibacterial I was taking. He added that doxycline might have killed the bacterial normal flora in my mouth and as a result, the bacteria that were supossed to be there to kill the fungal elements were decreased in number and in turn got the fungal elements to proliferate causing infection.

So maybe, the bacteriostatic effects of doxycline that were supposed to go to my acne infection were directed against my oral bacterial normal flora since I didnt have that much facial pathogens.

Moreover, taking antibiotics without medical prescriptions are to risky. It may bring unwanted effects like the one I got and it may increase the possibilities of having hepatic damage.

My SGPT/ALT or Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase/Alanine Transaminase, a hepatic enzyme which is clinically measured to assess organ problems primarily the liver increased (though not significant but it already suggests a liver that is not too well) may be because of that irresponsible uptake of antibiotics.

Oh... EYO EYO
    EYO EYO