Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

Hindi Ba Ito Naka Overdose?

i take glutathione (1000 mg) and VIT. C (1000 mg) everaday...hindi ba ito naka2x overdose???

need ur advice...

Comments

• On the vitamin c side, i dont think your taking too much, its just right. There are some experts even suggest to take more vitamin c (like 1000mg-3000mg daily). But if you can, just eat fruits everyday it would be better but if not then just take supplements, and one more thing overdose of vitamin c can cause diarrhea

- (post edited) sorry battosai, but wikipedia isn't necessarily a "reliable" source for medical information as both medical and non-medical individuals with wikipedia accounts can edit it -
  • onin25 wrote: »
    i take glutathione (1000 mg) and VIT. C (1000 mg) everaday...hindi ba ito naka2x overdose???
    need ur advice...

althought vitamin c is a water soluble vitamin and any excess will just be excreted by the body, i don't think it's a good idea to take 1000mg of it everyday. baka magkaroon ka naman ng kidney stones, not to mention baka ma-overwork din ang kidneys mo. just take it in moderation :)
  • Battousai1 wrote: »
    - (post edited) sorry battosai, but wikipedia isn't necessarily a "reliable" source for medical information as both medical and non-medical individuals with wikipedia accounts can edit it -

I was about to say that. :D

The minimum recommended daily allowance for Vit C is only 100mg for normal, healthy individuals with good eating habits, but I guess 500mg a day won't hurt. it would be better if you'd take multivitamins instead of single vitamin preparations.

high dose vitamin therapy for illness prevention is still a gray area as far as I know.
  • Hello there. Is 200mg /day of L-Glutathione enough for 27 year old guy like me? Mejo dark ako eh.

The pharmacist here in GNC dubai told me to take 4 tablets a day, 50mg tablet yun. 1,000mg of Vitamin C per day and 100mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid per day.

Help.