COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Do Ghosts? or Unseen Things? are they really real?

I just want to know.. coz as of now.. i still have no experience and though i want to believe in ghosts, souls, 3rd eye, elementals.. i can't coz i haven't seen or experience anything weird..

To the ones who have experience seeing the real thing, i mean seeing a ghost, or something.. ano ba hitsura? like is it light lang ba or meron figure.. nakakatakot ba like in the movies? or what do you feel when you see them..

thanks.

Comments

• vinta18vinta18 What the frell?!? PExer
    Why do you want to believe?
  • thebluemysterythebluemystery tantanananana PExer
    walang minsan kasi nag iimagine ako lolz.. parang tinatakot ko nga lang sarili ko,.. pero wala tlaga.. except my imagination.. so i was asking if ever kung totoo tlaga or nakikita ung figure.. or imagination lang tlaga ang lahat..
  • micketymocmicketymoc Oversized Member PExer
    Ghosts have never been proven to exist. There are other, more reasonable explanations for ghost sightings.
    Personal insight: when you realize (and internalize) the fact (yes, it's a fact) that ghosts do not exist, you will no longer be afraid of ghosts. You will recognize a whiff of cold air as just a draft, that intangible floating white thingie as part of the curtains in the dark, and ghost photos as film loading errors or double exposures. (Wala pang ghost picture from a digital camera... why is that?)

Disbelief in ghosts means having one less thing to fear in life. And that's always a good thing.
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    You know there's a ghost if you suddenly find a red blinking laserpointer dot in the middle of your base....
  • FenixFenix Member PExer
    ^ hehe, lolz.
    Wala pang ghost picture from a digital camera... why is that?

Meron ah, kaya lang dadaan muna ng photoshop bago mo makita. :D
  • infinite_trialinfinite_trial ♥ Drayer PExer
    micketymoc wrote: »
    Ghosts have never been proven to exist. There are other, more reasonable explanations for ghost sightings.

read the link bout sleep paralysis. i've experienced it several times and i think this is what we call bangungot in tagalog. one time i dreamt that i was lightly sleeping, the door of the room opened and came in the ghosts. i wanted to utter a sound to wake myself up but i can't...good thing my mom woke me up. now i hardly get those dreams.
  • blue[]ceblue[]ce Member PExer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiTedxYmfVc

hehehe.
    Ay t.a.n.g-i.n.a...s.h.i.t...ay p.u...
  • daming mga takutan kasi sa atin, ask mo ang pinoy immigrants sa ibang bansa, nawala ang bangungot nila..
    sleep paralysis
    Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by temporary paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis).

The Nightmare, by Henry Fuseli (1781) is thought to be one of the classic depictions of sleep paralysis perceived as a demonic visitation.Physiologically, it is closely related to the normal paralysis that occurs during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, also known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is awakened from an REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state may be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.

More often than not, sleep paralysis is believed by the person affected by it to be no more than a dream. This is the reason why there are many dream recountings which describe the person lying frozen and unable to move. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as simply a dream, as one might see completely fanciful objects in a room alongside the normal vision one can see.

Symptoms
    The primary symptom of sleep paralysis is partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.[1] These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual. If a polysomnography is taken, at least one of the following will be shown: skeletal muscle tone suppression, REM sleep at sleep onset, or dissociated REM sleep. The sleep paralysis persists anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes [1] before the person is able to either return to REM sleep or to become fully awake.

Possible causes
    Sleep paralysis occurs during REM sleep in order to prevent the body from manifesting the sleeper's dreams. Little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain. In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles, to prevent the body from enacting the dreamt activity (ie. preventing a sleeper from running when dreaming about running.)

There is also a significant positive correlation between those experiencing this disorder frequently and those suffering from narcolepsy. However, various studies suggest that many or most people will experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.

Some report that various factors increase the likelihood of both paralysis and hallucinations. These include: [2]

Sleeping in a supine position (facing upwards)
    Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
    Increased stress
    Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
    A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode. Also conscious induction of sleep paralysis is a common technique to enter a state of lucid dreams.
    Artificial sleeping aids or antihistamines
    blue[]ce wrote: »

Kainis, blocked ang youtube sa office namin. :mecry:
  • blue[]ce wrote: »

i just wonder, everytime i watch something like that, its funny!!.. what they are afraid of, so far, its all images, most "ghosts" don't do anything!!

:confused::confused::confused:
    for the benefit of micketymoc, it is just a video of a guy panning his camera all over a hospital room. he sees a white girl(?) in a corner that he did not notice before in his initial scan, he quickly turns the camera back to the same corner but it is now empty :D
    Just from your description, I remembered the Three Men and a Baby "ghost". That scared the shıt out of me in high school.
    Isn't that "ghost" one of the crew's kids hanging out during the filming?
    I saw the UST Ghost video at home. Anal rationalist methodology: I captured some frames, pasted them on Photoshop, played with curves and contrast. (Will post the results here once I upload them.) It also helped that I watched the video on "mute" the first time. Just a few comments:

- It looks like an indeterminate black blob - about the size of a baby's fist - with a shroud below it. (Scaled it from the furniture.) When the camera swings back, you can see the remnant of the blob, faintly ascending the wall.

- Definitions matter: is the scale of the "typical" white lady 1:1 to an ordinary human? (What is a "typical" white lady, anyway?) If it is, why does this example look relatively small?

- Occam's Razor: Could this be a trick of shadows? This "apparition" could conceivably be created by a large moth, and the perturbed shadows below it could conceivably be misinterpreted by our brains as the body. The moth could then fly off just as the camera swings back. This example could be wrong - but unless one exhausts the real-world possibilities, there's really no reason to suppose that it was a white lady in the first place.

- The spook factor: reduce all the factors that can spook you, and you reduce all the factors that might fool you into making a flawed judgment call. That's why I viewed it with the speakers off. The "ghost" became so much less convincing then.
    hehehe. I eagerly await your analysis :D ako, feel ko tao lang yun eh, tapos biglang takbo. :P simplest explanation i have. kasi wala pang maibigay na judgement dun sa kumuha. hehe. pero galeng nung reaction noh? natawa talaga ako dun :P hehe.
  • loc0loc0 loc0.deviantart.com PExer
    I read that the Three Men and a Baby "ghost" is actually a cutout cardboard poster of one of the actors, placed there as a joke.
    what's the deal with people afraid of white ladies?

I like white ladies...... as well black ladies, latina ladies, asian ladies, jewish ladies...
  • visionarylinkvisionarylink Banned by Admin PExer
    A ghost is an anomaly of memory data imprisoned in the crystalline cosmic lattice of space-time dimensional reality due to the burden of attached forces that tied it down. For the liberation of anomalous vibrations, refer to your nearest psychic.
    Um... yeah.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file