Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Hav u tried Steroids?

Or any pills/injectables that instantly adds mass to your body?

Comments

• ferkhiteferkhite PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bro naku even in your dreams don't ever think of it...there are many programs in gyms that will make you add mass...marami namatay pati nagkasakit dahil sa steroids.....trust me bro may kakilala ko cause ng death niya yan...go to our gym where we train eclipsegym in malate kahit malayo dinadayo o guaranteed results........www.eclipsegym.com try mo visit sabihin mo nirefer kita
  • vprojectvproject PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If you want to mess with your gonads..... :D
  • joinsung03 wrote: »

1) Once you stop (and you eventually will have to stop) you'll lose all of your gains plus even more in most cases.

2) Steroids don't work as well as most people think. In other words, I've seen guys take huge amounts of steroids and gain maybe 5lbs...and could have gained more if they just knew how to eat and train properly. In other words you still need the genetics. Other guys who were natually big got huge on steroids, but I've trained guys with the same "get big easy" genetics without steroids and they got just as big and strong.

In other words, steroids have legitimate medical uses, but with proper nutrition and intelligent/scientific training, they are basically overkill or even useless to many.
  • Steroids as per my research doesn't really kill as what ferkhite suggests. You just need to combine it with training and proper dosages intake. However, as what Bchemist suggests genetics plays a big factor BUT it really helps you gain MUSCLES with certain ill consequences if not properly used.

Moreover, I myself have seen guys used steroids for muscle gain and been successful with it and eradicated consequences through consistent workout and great knowledge on the drug they are gonna inject.

Thus, after using and being in a program of "CYCLE" as how most steroid users coins it, make sure you cleanse and maintain workout habits.

Cleansing should be advised to you by your trainer.

Be careful, don't overdose and don't be addicted trust me its tempting to be.
  • i have never understood the point of this whole steriods thing.

its like someone saying he's taller than you while standing on a chair the whole time.

what gives?
  • I've yet to meet a guy in Metro Manila who needs steroids to achieve his goals. Even the biggest Mr. Philippines contestants are barely 200lbs. You don't need steroids to do that. To be highly competitive here, in ANY sport, you just need about 6 months of proper training.

Even after 6 WEEKS we have PBA players that we train who are already playing like monsters on the court and are EASILY stronger than their teammates and opponents.

The ironic thing is that most steroid users I've met here are not even that big or strong. They won't go near many of my trainees because they are so ashamed that it took them so many drugs and well over a year to do what my AVERAGE guy can do in less than 6 months.

Again, once you come off steroids, you lose ALL OF YOUR GAINS. No if's ands, or buts. It's a scientific fact, and it has even been proven by research. That's why it's known in the hormone replacement therapy role that once you go "on", you stay "on" basically for the rest of your life....or you go back to where you started.

In some cases I've seen, guys who came off were FAR smaller and weaker than before they went "on" since it took over a YEAR for their bodies to normalize and their suppressed testosterone to return to normal. When they were off, they were pathetic wimps who cried at the slighest thing and could barely lift the 100lbs when they were previously benching 225lbs not even 2 months earlier. This is if they even had the energy to work out.

Everyone wants to hear about the "ups", but these same individuals don't want to hear about the "downs"....and they are very ugly. But that's the truth about it. When you go off, you lose it....so why not just build it naturally so you can keep it year round?
  • Well, in the case of competitive bodybuilding, drugs definitely have a place. In the most extreme of competitive bodybuilding, such as gunning for the Mr. Philippines title, entails risks. Sadly, many competitors will risk their health just to look their best on stage, and this happens for only a few hours!

In the Philippines, there are no legitimate natural federations. I know a competitive natural bodybuilder and can see how much longer and harder he diets and prepares than an assisted one. The assisted one will always appear fuller, bigger, leaner than the natural bodybuilder, ceteris paribus.

We have to put distinctions here. I'm limiting my discussion to pure bodybuilders. There are a lot of variables here: genetics, training, nutrition, rest, supplements and drugs. For instance, a bodybuilder's receptors' response to anabolic steroids can play a major role.

"Competitive bodybuilding" per se means looking your best - optimum combination of size, symmetry and most of all conditioning - at a single point in time. Off stage, such bodybuilders could care less about how they look (Of course, it's HIGHLY improbable since bodybuilders are conscious of how they look 24/7). This is the reason why many guys can't take it psychologically to be a mere fraction of what they are when "on"; hence, really long and never-ending cycles!
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Well, in the case of competitive bodybuilding, drugs definitely have a place. In the most extreme of competitive bodybuilding, such as gunning for the Mr. Philippines title, entails risks. Sadly, many competitors will risk their health just to look their best on stage, and this happens for only a few hours!

In the Philippines, there are no legitimate natural federations. I know a competitive natural bodybuilder and can see how much longer and harder he diets and prepares than an assisted one. The assisted one will always appear fuller, bigger, leaner than the natural bodybuilder, ceteris paribus.

We have to put distinctions here. I'm limiting my discussion to pure bodybuilders. There are a lot of variables here: genetics, training, nutrition, rest, supplements and drugs. For instance, a bodybuilder's receptors' response to anabolic steroids can play a major role.

"Competitive bodybuilding" per se means looking your best - optimum combination of size, symmetry and most of all conditioning - at a single point in time. Off stage, such bodybuilders could care less about how they look (Of course, it's HIGHLY improbable since bodybuilders are conscious of how they look 24/7). This is the reason why many guys can't take it psychologically to be a mere fraction of what they are when "on"; hence, really long and never-ending cycles!

I don't even think that drugs are really needed in competitive bodybuilding. I do understand that at the highest level of competition, every edge that could be taken is taken, however, in this country alone, many people take these things without knowing the "downs" and emphasizing the "ups" as Bchemist pointed out. I also noticed that many of the local bodybuilders have but the slightest clue how to train properly and usually get away with it due to superior genetics and drug use.
  • i've been tempted to use steroids and still being tempted.

but i won't risk my liver, my gonads
  • joinsung03 wrote: »

There is no need to take steroids if you have proper training, rest, etc. Competing steroid users are insecure drug-cheats. I have no comment for those who don’t compete but take steroids for aesthetics purposes. Check out this article I made that is posted on the website of the Powerlifting Association of the Philippines:
    http://www.pap1982.com/Recent/What%20steroids/What_steroids.htm
  • Who would be kind enough to educate everyone about steroids?
  • You can literally buy books about steroids. They are a vastly complicated subject since there are so many types for so many conditions. Steroids are a derivative of the testosterone molecule. Each one has different risks of side effects. Some (the rare and expensive ones) have basically no side effects and are safe enough to be given to children. The milder versions that we often see locally in FEMALE physique competitions is an injectible. Some women get side effects while others don't. But you can tell that they are "on" this version because their traps and triceps get very large relative to the rest of their body.

Men around here take testosterone (many are beginning to take it in their late 30's for hormone replacement therapy), but anyone who takes testosterone earlier than this is just being stupid. Their natural levels are high enough to reach basically any goal short of bodybuilding on an international level.

The other steroids you usually see locally is "Dianabol". It is 17-alpha alkylated, meaning that it is toxic to the liver. It's an oral. Gains come quickly but they "deflate" almost as rapidly as the user starts. If you are less than 25, Dianabol is responsible for many of the cases of "man boobs" you can see in many local gyms or on the stage of local bodybuilding competitions.

Drug use here is getting more sophisticated, however, and now you see guys using growth hormone, insulin, and even IGF-1. How they are able to get IGF-1 is beyond me, since it's so sensitive and must be transported via a lab refridgeration transport. We studied it during my biochem days and it works....and that's why pro bodybuilders are so enormous, even 10 years later they are still getting bigger on average....simply because the drugs are getting more sophisticated. If anything, the training knowledge of the average bodybuilder is getting less and less since they are nearly 100% reliant on drugs.

Steroids are a fascinating subject to research. They can save lives and save economies billions of dollars in health care insurance since many steroids are far safer and more effective than expensive drug company medications that can cost Php600 per dose.

Take home message: Steroids have their place...but not in the gym bag of a man under the age of 35, and even then it should be a dose for hormone replacement therapy, and not for athletic enhancement....since you WILL get caught if you compete.
  • Who would be kind enough to educate everyone about steroids?

Ask former Major League Baseball player and steroid expert Jose Canseco. :D
  • how about testosterone hormones? para magkachest hair din hehehe, added machismo. :D

Saw kasi sa states, yung mga lesbian na gusto maging male-looking, they take hormones and lumalaki katawan nila complete with uber facial & body hair.
  • redick4 wrote: »
    how about testosterone hormones? para magkachest hair din hehehe, added machismo. :D

Saw kasi sa states, yung mga lesbian na gusto maging male-looking, they take hormones and lumalaki katawan nila complete with uber facial & body hair.

We had a subject to injected himself with 1000mg of sustanon and testosterone enanthate. It was tested by our lab to be real when he submitted a sample along with his blood tests.

But after 3 months of usage, he only gained about 8lbs of muscle, lost a little bit of fat, but didn't lose any hair on his head or gain any additional body hair.

There are androgenic compounds that will allow you to grow a little more chest hair, but many men simply don't have the receptors for that kind of growth.

In the case of the individual above, he was in the early stages of HIV and lifted weights to increase his immune system. So he wasn't dying or wasting. But these very large doses of testosterone did practically nothing where you could even tell he was on-cycle. In other words, just very minor gains in size and strength and no visible effects. He could have easily done it naturally if he knew how to train properly. But for him, he was part of the groups we studied that were into wasting prevention so even though it was too early for him to take testosterone to reverse any wasting and should have made him "huge" by the legends of testosterone and steroids, he was a classic case of "bad genetics, bad results". There were other guys (his partners/training partners) on 1/3 the amount he was taking who gained 30 lbs of muscle in this amount of time. The thing is, they also could have done so naturally with the proper training program.
  • stepehenyan@12[email protected] PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    talk about steroids I've read that vince mcmahon was indicted for supposedly supplying steroids to some of his wrestlers at the world wrestling federation during the nineties. one of them who admitted taking steroids was hulk hogan.
  • talk about steroids I've read that vince mcmahon was indicted for supposedly supplying steroids to some of his wrestlers at the world wrestling federation during the nineties. one of them who admitted taking steroids was hulk hogan.

Basically the only thing that has changed is that they get it from their own sources. Back in the early 90's it was nearly impossible to get legitimate/real anabolic agents. Now the black market is so huge in the States, the wrestlers don't need much help...that plus HGH use is getting so prevalent, there is less need for steroids. Actually in athletics, steroid use is getting less. It's other compounds that are more prevalent, especially once you surpass the 240lbs mark like most pro-wrestlers. As you've seen, wrestlers have become MUCH bigger since the early 90's....not smaller...so obviously something is going on....
  • Bchemist is really knowledgeable with steroids.

What can say about the water- and oil-based steroids?
  • Bchemist is really knowledgeable with steroids.

What can say about the water- and oil-based steroids?

All I will say is that the only water-based anabolic is HGH or pure testosterone suspension. The rest are just orals mixed with water, so they work the same, whether injected or swallowed.

The oil based are supposed to be injected since they are released into the bloodstream over time.

This is for educational purposes only, and let's not allow this thread to escalate into a "how-to" thread because I won't answer further questions. Back in our research we would educate guys who showed up with the drugs since we were bound by research and it was within ethical grounds whereas if they are going to use them for their physical wasting conditions, at least teach them how to do it properly. The same ethical considerations do not apply here, especially in my current position/responsibility/oath to handle only drug-free athletes.

So again, I'll answer general questions, but I think most of the relevant ethical/responsible questions have been answered, unless you want to talk about medical useage, like how to give a better quality of life to someone who is dying of a wasting disease.
  • There is no need to take steroids if you have proper training, rest, etc. Competing steroid users are insecure drug-cheats. I have no comment for those who don’t compete but take steroids for aesthetics purposes. Check out this article I made that is posted on the website of the Powerlifting Association of the Philippines:
    http://www.pap1982.com/Recent/What%20steroids/What_steroids.htm

What's important to mention is that most world class middleweight powerlifters are natural (at least in the IPF). I'm training/advising 4 guys right now where they are right at their weight class limit and they are mesomorphs. If they were to take steroids, they'd blow their weight class, since steroids cause a disproportionate amount of muscle to strength gain. In laymans terms, you gain more muscle than you do strength, pound for pound. Many people have this crazy idea that powerlifters are fat pigs. Most of the middleweights will need to basically have a 6 pack on competition day and will be defined like any underwear model. If I compete at 82kg in Feb, that's exactly how I'll have to look to make weight. A further example, Richie Rosales was basically shredded back in 2005 when he competed in Miami for the World Championships (IPF). I had never seen him so ripped and vascular, but he needed to be to be under 75kg. He got 3rd place, and has been drug tested. He always competes near his weight class limit since, technically, he is too tall to compete in the 75kg class. Luckily he is only 28 (I think) and has another 8 good years in him to develop his talent at 82...if he listens to me that is :) ....but I think he's already working on 82kg.