Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Gentlemen....a dying breed?

I am the independent kind of person yet quite submissive when in a relationship. I grew up kind of boyish because I grew up with my Dad. So I'm not the typical girly girly type of girl. But I'm very malambing and all. This has just been a puzzle to me all these years. I was never treated like a lady by my ex bfs. What do I mean? Well, I never got flowers from any of them, no one picked me up when we went out, no one opened the door for me, etc. But they said they loved me naman and I saw it. So I really wonder.....is it me or the men I go steady with? Ganun na ba ang uso ngayon? Are there no real gentlemen anymore?

Comments

• DunedainDunedain NINJAneer gone Indie! PEx Expert 🎖️
    Still around... ...just off the market. :D
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    andito pa kaya ako! :lol:
  • Being a gentleman isn't only defined by giving you flowers or by someone opening the door for you. We all have hands for that :glee:

I think respect is one of the ingredients of being a gentleman. :)
  • erine105 wrote: »
    I am the independent kind of person yet quite submissive when in a relationship. I grew up kind of boyish because I grew up with my Dad. So I'm not the typical girly girly type of girl. But I'm very malambing and all. This has just been a puzzle to me all these years. I was never treated like a lady by my ex bfs. What do I mean? Well, I never got flowers from any of them, no one picked me up when we went out, no one opened the door for me, etc. But they said they loved me naman and I saw it. So I really wonder.....is it me or the men I go steady with? Ganun na ba ang uso ngayon? Are there no real gentlemen anymore?

of course there is... you just don't have that luck in choosing the right one. Kung hindi pa nangyari sa iyo yun, then be thankful coz that means you don't deserve each other.
  • HaloperidolHaloperidol PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    some girls abuse it....
  • try me and you'll see the difference...
  • Nivla_PoaNivla_Poa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    It is a well known fact that gentlemen are hunted for their skin and teeth. They are highly prized collectibles in South American countries.

Seriously, though... marami pa namang gentlemen around.

I liked this quote from Blast from the Past. It summed up what a gentleman or lady is nicely:

"...Good manners are just a way of showing other people we have respect for them... his short and simple definition of a lady or a gentleman is, someone who always tries to make sure the people around him or her are as comfortable as possible."
  • ^radiskull: di mo naman binebenta sarili mo nyan?! hehe...peace tayo! :D

there are gentlemen out there pa naman..
    pero mas marami tlaga mga loko lokong lalaki(ay.. ay.. baka marami magreact..sige na nga, mga hindi gentleman na lng *peace* ) ngayon kaya siguro sila lang nami-meet mo at nagiging boyfriend.
  • They're still around.
  • putingulap wrote: »
    some girls abuse it....

i agree on both statements and being a gentleman has something to do with the upbringing.
  • silverboo wrote: »
    ^radiskull: di mo naman binebenta sarili mo nyan?! hehe...peace tayo! :D

there are gentlemen out there pa naman..
    pero mas marami tlaga mga loko lokong lalaki(ay.. ay.. baka marami magreact..sige na nga, mga hindi gentleman na lng *peace* ) ngayon kaya siguro sila lang nami-meet mo at nagiging boyfriend.

hehehe!!! halata ba?
  • girl doncha worry... they are still around... you might just be looking at the wrong side of the world....

used to have a guy who's overly romantic and gentleman, its sad though we are no longer together... but [email protected] at least i felt how to be with a gentleman... :)

go grab your thing.... soon he'll be widja...
  • endangered specie? dalhin mo na yang last gentleman dito sa amin. mnay kapitbahay ako nag papa STUD SERVICE para dumami uli hahahaha
  • Of course, not. Gentlemen still exist. But their kind aint the dominant breed anymore. :D
  • May natitirang mga tulad pa naman namin.... :bounce:
  • dali buhusan nyo ng tubig para dumami hehehe
  • meron pa naman, good luck in finding one...
  • may nakita ako kanina dun sa luneta, binabantayan pa nga ng dalawang guwardiya
  • erine105 wrote: »

Sa tingin ko they are expecting that you are tough.. Boyish ka sabi mo diba.. Baka akala nila maco-cornihan ka sa flowers..

sa mga traits ng gentlemana na sinabi mo, wla ako ginagawa ni isa...

im not a perfect gentleman pero na-attract ako sa ex ko because she is tough.. cowgirl ika nga.madeskarte at maabilidad sa buhay. Madami dyan gentle man kunwari pero after sometime lalabas ang tunay na kulay... mas ok na yung nakikita yung natural sa umpisa palang..
  • orangepinkorangepink PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    putingulap wrote: »

respect and honor