Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Modified Warrior Diet

This has been reposted from the Eclipse forums: Feel free to discuss and ask questions here -

Since so many people read my journal, I figured I'd post a sample of my eating strategy here, espeically lately as I have been losing fat (yet my scale weight has not changed). I call it:

"The 'Modified' Warrior Diet"

So what's up with the title? It's basically because there is a (controversial) book written by an individual many years ago that basically said that you should just eat one huge meal each day and that's basicaly it. Others have come forward and said that it's not "practical" for general athletes or the average person who is not genetically disposed to "benefit" from that kind of eating strategy.

My observations are as follows:

1) Many people are very busy and follow a "warrior" diet without even knowing it. However these are often office workers or hotel/restaurant staff who wake up late, rush to work, and bust their butts all day long. By the time they get around to eating, they do so once a day.

The result, they still look like (sad to say) CRAP. High bodyfat, low muscle, tone, limited energy, etc. Yet they follow basically what is stated in the warrior diet, even if not verbatum. But that is part of my criticism. I don't believe that human beings were meant to eat once per day. Throughout our known existance on this planet, we were hunter/gatherers who were always putting something in our mouth, even if we planned to store the majority for later. These same individuals (according to antropologists) were free of all of our modern diseases like obsesity, cancer, and had a low bodyfat/high muscle ratio. There are many other examples I can follow.

So there. I'm against, the "Warrior Diet", as compelling as the book (if read) might lead you to believe the contrary. After all, we are human beings, not pure hunters like dogs or lions who might eat once per day and spend the rest of the time sleeping it off.

So the point of what I've found to be effective?

Again, "The Modified Warrior Diet"

First things first, however: Who is this for and who is it NOT for?

It is for:

1) Endomorphs, or those who gain weight easily and crave a binge at least 1-2 times per week.

2) Athletes

3) Those trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, or at least gain muscle and minimize fat gain.

Who is it NOT for?

1) Ectomorphs, or those who have a hard time gaining more than 1-2lbs per week. Contrast this with me who can gain 10lbs per week eating a relatively "clean" diet of just large meals 6 time per day.

So if you have a hard time gaining pure bodyweight, DON'T TRY THIS EATING PLAN!!!! You people should be eating ALL THE TIME, 24 HOURS PER DAY!

Part of my blessing and curse is that I'm very thorough when I write. But I'm going to try to keep this simple and concise, even if it will change your entire life like the 5x5 has done for so many:

I will illustrate this with an example of my own:

Sunday: Non training day:

I'll eat maybe 1-3 hours after I get up, and only when I'm hungry. When I do eat, I'll eat small meals of maybe 2-3 ounces of chicken, eggs or beef with 1/2 cup of rice or an omlette. I'll eat about 4 times per day. If I want wine or beer, I'll drink it. HOWEVER - 3 hours before I go to sleep, I'll eat an ENTIRE family sized Dominos pizza plus other food if I'm still hungry. I'm not going to go crazy and eat a gallon of ice cream or something like that, but I'm still going to take in 1000-1500 calories of a sinful food that I'm craving.

Monday: Training day

I wake up and eat something light, like maybe a bag of peanut M&M's. Then I proceed to do my standing military press, squats, and pullups. I'll even throw in some HIIT for 15 minutes. For the rest of the day, I continue to eat light balanced meals of low protein and carbs like on Sunday. Lo and behold, I feel very strong and robust during the entire day. My testosterone levels feel higher (men, you know what that means). At the end of the day, my abs look slightly more visible, especially in this gain muscle/lose fat strategy.

Tuesday: Rest day

Here, I'll eat exactly like Sunday, without the warrior binge. My appetite is usually not that great today. If I feel hungry, I'll make the meals slightly larger since I assume I'm growing. This has been the case lately since my quads, hamstrings, and butt have been getting larger and more seperated, much like a URCC fighter. While my "theoretical" maintenance calories is probably around 2600, I ended up eating about 1500 today. I wasn't starving, and I managed to lose fat but kept a "pumped" feeling in my muscles. This is a sign that you are growing as well.

Wednesday: Since Thursday will be another training day, I'll treat Wednesday exactly as I did Sunday.

The results thusfar? I'm leaning out where many have commented that my waist and abs are more visible (even if wearing a tank top) than they have ever seen. The odd thing is that my legs are definitely bigger and my overall body is much leaner. My shoulders are also much thicker as and my abs are much more definted and developed from all of the heavy leg training. My chest has remained at the same size, since I don't need to get my chest any bigger. At 31, I'm more focused on asthetics, and if I compete in powerlifting, it will be more for fun and as an inspiration to my younger athletes to see their Director lead from the front and not from the rear, i.e., lead by example. Before I forget, the oddest thing of all: My weight is 185lbs at about 8% bodyfat and I'm leaner than I've been in 3 years, even though I'm 10lbs heavier. Even if I peak at the end of the month at 6-7% bodyfat, I'll still be around 180. This would allow me to compete at around 200lbs at 5'10" should I enter the URCC (ultimate fighting) tournament and need to gain some extra fat to absorb the body-blows.

Again, let me reiterate: This is not for people with fast metabolisms. It is for those who gain weight easily (people over 25 usually) or for those who feel nearly uncontrollable urges to binge on food. At least this way, you have an excuse to binge, because it will fuel your training the next day.

For the ladies reading this article, this strategy can also apply to you equally. I just hope that you keep something like a Family size Dominoes pizza to half of the pizza instead of the whole thing. Remember that you are probably half of my size.

Maybe we can get some feedback shortly, but those who've tried it thusfar (both male and female) have been raving at the results of my little experiment applied to their bodies. I hope it works for you!

Comments

• stepehenyan@12[email protected] PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    maybe you should write a book but then again you'll probably get suck up with a dozens of health books scattered around in bookstores.

Endomorph yup that's me:D
    been a problem of mine before. I used to do a lot of binge eating, binge drinking. but i decided months ago that i need to focus on something and enough of that bad habits.(tama na baka mauwi sa AA meeting pa to:lol:).
    because of strength training I'am fat free :Dwhy wait workout know:lol:

Again, let me reiterate: This is not for people with fast metabolisms. It is for those who gain weight easily (people over 25 usually) or for those who feel nearly uncontrollable urges to binge on food. At least this way, you have an excuse to binge, because it will fuel your training the next day.

actually below 25years of age I eat a lot as in i have uncontrollabe urge to binge on food. but today because of strength training and using HIIT naks!:D :lol:i feel great you should try it too. I swear naging lean ako!!!
  • Actually some VERY big publishers who silently lurk and browse these forums looking for writing talent have already asked about a few books from me and my co-contributors on these forums...so don't be suprised if you see something in bookstores in the next few months.