Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

South Beach Diet Guide

A collection of articles related to the South Beach Diet.

Some of the most read articles:

What is the South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet and Diabetes
Is There a South Beach Diet Exercise?
Tips for a Perfect Low Carb Cheesecake

And more... *okay*

Click here to visit the South Beach Diet guide website

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Another fad diet
  • DJQuimbyDJQuimby PEx Rookie ⭐
    Syempre ang end all and be all daw ng fitness eh ECLIPSE GYM!
  • stepehenyan@12[email protected] PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ikaw nag plugging nyan!
  • The problem with the South Beach diet is that it is nothing new. It starts out like Atkins and then turns basically into Zone.

In other words, control your blood sugar by not spiking your insulin levels (eat low glycemic foods or always combine proteins and carbs in each meal), and you have all you need to lose weight slowly and avoid the diet yo-yo.

People needlessly spend a ton of money on special South Beach pre-prepared meals. I can't stand seeing this, especially for those who can't afford it and are led to believe that they have found a "panacea" for fat/weight loss. It doesn't work that way. South Beach diet is a fad with a ton of critics...especially since it tries to cash in on such an old concept of simply controlling blood sugar. Anybody who is diabetic will be the first to back me up on this.
  • I don't know DJQuimby....
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    I'd actually recommend the zone diet over south beach any given day
  • DJQuimby wrote: »

The be all and end all for individuals who contribute NOTHING to fitness forums: DJQuimby?

Let's you and I get some turn-tables and spin sometime eh, "Mr. DJ", I'd love to see if you're muti-dimensional to do something other than try to antagonize those who are trying to help :lol:
  • techjunkie88techjunkie88 PEx Rookie ⭐
    I think Bchemist owns or co-owns Eclipse Gym ;)

I do appreciate the knowledge your share with us, Bchemist, especially with regards to nutrition and fitness. ALTHOUGH I don't approve of you slamming every other gym and everyone else who gets great results and lost weight without using your gym or using your diet/fitness methods.

I hope you won't slam Ricky Rivero for losing weight while working out at Golds Gym and eating South Beach Diet meals ;) Let's admit it, the South Beach Diet/Fit Meals worked for him (of course he got it for free courtesy of Rachel Alejandro who co-owns The Sexy Chef!).

DJQuimby wrote: »
  • I think Bchemist owns or co-owns Eclipse Gym ;)

I do appreciate the knowledge your share with us, Bchemist, especially with regards to nutrition and fitness. ALTHOUGH I don't approve of you slamming every other gym and everyone else who gets great results and lost weight without using your gym or using your diet/fitness methods.

I hope you won't slam Ricky Rivero for losing weight while working out at Golds Gym and eating South Beach Diet meals ;) Let's admit it, the South Beach Diet/Fit Meals worked for him (of course he got it for free courtesy of Rachel Alejandro who co-owns The Sexy Chef!).

Why would I slam results? When and where have I EVER slammed significant and PROVABLE results? At least, in this case, there's some evidence other than heresay without malicious vested interest. If everyone got results who went to the gym, then everyone would win. Sadly, this is not the case in 99% of most situations...or at least significant results. Mr. Rivero got significant results. He has my full respect. I wish there were more like him.
  • So far, i have lost 40 pounds following the south beach diet. Most people think this diet is expensive but if you make your own meals, you won't be spending more that what you usually spend for food. ( I even bake my own yummy desserts using beans instead of flour and applesauce to replace sugar).

Also, I don't see this as a diet but more of a way of life/ eating for me. I have been eating veggies and fruits, lean protein and good fats everyday now so I also believe I am eating healthier.

:)
  • Sorry but I can't help it... just wanna point something that is in my mind.

I think South Beach Diet is really a effective diet that can and could absolutely contirbute to fat loss. However, people who offer such meals and to be able to exact nutrient that the body must intake is possibly prepared by a expreienced knowledgeable chef or a nutritionist.

My point is it is going to be expensive.

And as a no-brainer on stuff like this, I might as well be spending a lot of money to gain first hand information on how this diet really works. And to some the money that is going to be spent on "such" is really un-necessary.

Therefore, guys like bchemist who critques such fitness programs (diet) are very necessary in a forum like this to keep both corners of subjectivity open to people who reads in this forum. GOT MY POINT?

Like me an average joe, I'm really confused to which and what kind of fitness program I would really oblige myself into that would guarantee "SOLID" results without resulting to excessive expenses that was brought about a "INFORMATION" that guarantees miracle, and in reality was full of bull.

I'm not a member of eclipsegym hell I don't even know bchemist.. but his opinions keeps me active in this forums to be able to extract "new fitness methods" in a very intellectual manner and to avoid myself getting ripped off.

Antagonizing his propositions wouldn't be really helpful in our forum. As per what I heard nutrition and fitness is kinda bchemist's full time job.. maybe I'am wrong but his 5 x 5 program really worked on me and I got the first hand info on this revolutionary program for free.... Now beat that...

However, the posts he made for the workout phases isn't really complete and that's the business part but who knows.. maybe the customized part of his program that is needed to be availed in his gym might just be the same exercises he gave only done in different weights and repetitions.

Peace!..
  • Wow...that was very nice! It makes it all worthwhile when, even I, forget (or get cynical about it) that so many people are here simply to learn and not to play fitness politics.

I've said this before that while I suppose the fitness industry is now my official full-time "job", I derive my income from past endeavors. I admit that I'm one of the investors at our branches, but coaching for fitness and sports competition has always been my passion and a huge part of my life in most of my spare time. I was a biochem researcher/grad before and studied wasting disease so I could learn exactly how the body can be made stronger. Nutrition and the enzymatic processes behind it was a big part of the picture. A nutritionist only has maybe 5% of the knowledge of a biochemist....since they usually just work with "average" people. In wasting research, you see ALL ranges of the spectrum....from burn victims, to AIDS patients, and even to athletes who beat their bodies to a pulp from sports. The human body is an incredibly complicated machine and we are probably another 300 years away from fully understanding it.

But even if I wasn't an investor, if someone told me I could do what I do with no salary, I'd still do it simply for the power it gives and the people who I can help. Heck...I honestly have nothing better to do with my life, even though I'm 31 :)

With respect to the programs, as I said on our forums, we can only guide you online to a certain point. At that point, we continue with the same exercises as before, but then the sets and reps must be tailored to the muscle fiber type of the individual as well as the goal in question. To do so online wouldn't be fair or practical (or even realistically possible). The human body doesn't really "enjoy" being big or strong. It would rather be fat, lazy, and slow. To be big and strong is "risky" since you may not survive a famine, according to the logic of our metabolic system. If you are fat and lethargic, you can sit there and drink rain for 6 months without (or minimal) food and still survive. So to overcome the desires of your body, it really requires quite a bit of insight to make it do what it doesn't want to do. It just so happens that this expertise is also the business side of the equation. Just like you can get legal or medical advice online for free, for 99.9% of the population, it's a "no-brainer" that you'll have to hire, or consult with, a doctor/lawyer at some point since they are respected for their knowledge of the finer detail and will prevent you from making mistakes that can cost you your life or life's work. A strength coach or an experienced fitness professional is no different.

It's too bad that with 500 gyms in Manila alone (most are small and unseen/unheard) we have so few (handful or less) fitness professionals online who will give advice or debate, vested interest or not. But I suppose that's where you know if someone is only in it for the money, or for more personal reasons.
  • eto share ko din merong Atkins Diet, Sonoma Diet, The Zone Diet, South Beach Diet and more

click here to visit the site!

slim-people1.jpg
  • Bchemist can you suggest a one week meal plan diet?...
  • The problem with this is that 99.9% of the people who get "exact" diets never follow them....including me. Your body was designed for a margin of "error". If you've been reading our forums or the "training for men" section on the website, that's basically all you need to know. Just balance your protein and carbs in each meal and adjust your calories up to gain weight or down to lose weight, and you are basically doing South Beach in its second phase....and you won't get anxiety or panic when you are out at 3 am and all there is is Ministop or Chinese food :)