Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Suggestions on Buying a 2nd Hand Car

Ei peeps...wanna get your opinions on this matter.
I wanna buy a 2nd hand car. My budget is 150k to 170k only. preferably 1300s or 1500s,para tipid sa gas. and yung mura sa maintenance. I've searched thru car finder mags, tsikot.com but I really don't have any idea if the prices are overpriced or not. hope you could help me.thanks.
*okay*

Comments

• Check out the Manila Bulletin on Sundays... You can get pretty much the going rate range of 2nd hand cars there. :)

Some cars at the 150K to 170K:
    1993 to 1997 Corolla XE (1300)
    1997 to 1999 Sentra SuperSaloon(1600)/EX Saloon(1400 EFI)/FE (1300) or LEC
    1995 to 1997 Lancer
  • ^ tnx slamm

I saw a 94 honda civic esi, 94 hatchback & a honda city lxi. price ranges from 160k to 170k. are these a-ok?:confused:
  • What's your take on the overall performance of these cars (honda, toyota, mitsubishi, nissan etc.)
  • Those are okay cars... the real deal maker is the actual condition (1st owner? Mileage? etc). Take your time and look around; don't rush. ;)
  • a lot of things to consider in buying a 2nd hand car..

hope these helps...

1. Purchase budget
    2. things to fix

2.1. Engine condition
    2.2. Underchassis
    2.3. Body repairs

** repair history ng buong car. inside and outside**

3. Maintenance needed

3.1. Availability of parts
    3.2. Prices ng parts

4. Gas consumption

Mas madali kung may pwede kang isama na trusted mechanic. sa ganon sya ang bahala mag test ng car.

Kung wala kang choice at kung wala kang alam sa mga ganong bagay medyo mahihirapan ka makakuha ng matino-tinong car with your budget..

Tip lang sa pagpili ng brand ng car...

Lahat ng car may kanya kanyang advantages at disadvantages like in suspension, handling, safety features, accessories etc. etc.
    pero sa lahat ng car Toyota talaga ang mabenta. Why? sobrang dami ng parts na pwede pagpilian. you can choose from the original, imitaion or japan made products na ok din naman ang performance but cheaper that the original. And halos karamihan ng mechanic sa pilipinas eh kabisado ang Toyota cars. Lalo na yung mga year model 1990 upto 98. Basta manual tranny kunin mo para less problem and maintenance.

sana nakatulong ng konti...