Pru Life UK (Prudential Life U.K.)

hello! has anyone here invested in pru life funds? the prulink funds are the ones wherein you have a choice among 100%bond, 80%bonds/20% stocks, or 80%stocks/20%bonds plus there is a summ assured(like life insurance). would appreciate your opinion on this.

Comments

• bluetheherobluethehero unsung hero PExer
    try to monitor the unit prices of their funds.
  • alex_yuppiealex_yuppie Gasoline Dude PExer
    They are called Variable Life Insurance. They have an investment component. Better than mutual funds (i think).
  • Naruto KunNaruto Kun Member PExer
    Eto mas madaling solusyon ata wala ka ng iintindihin. Assuming you have P 100k. Invest mo 85% nyan sa mutual funds (sunlife, philequity, etc.) and the remaining 15% invest mo sa term life insurance. Kapag sinabing term life insurance, purely protection lang ang kinukuha mo. A P 1M personal accident insurance will set you back by only P1,000 a year. Solve ang problem.
  • yari143yari143 Member PExer
    well actually kumuha ako. kinuha ko yung managed fund. 80%bonds/20% stocks. kinuha ko yung 5T/month for 5 years. dati naghahanap ako ng mutual funds. itong sa pru life nirefer ako nung isa naming manager sa isang agent friend nya. gusto ko kasi may naiimpok ako. ive also invested in coop shares in our company. im not really after things that will get me very high returns kasi di naman ganon kalaki ang appetite ko for risk. i know pru life is not number 1 in the country. but they're a global/british brand. inisip ko naman na siguro after 10 years e stable pa rin to. of course you have to factor the inflation dun sa investment. pero at least may nasave na ako kahit papano. hindi ako maluho so di ko halos nagagalaw yung salary ko. siguro pag nkaipon ako ng malaki-laki, bili na ako ng lupa, para may downpaymentna ako
  • babyelephantbabyelephant Member PExer
    meron ako nito!managed fund din. pero may percentage ako na bonds. mahirap na eh, baka pera na maging bato pa. sabi kasi ng agent ko sa akin, mas mataas ang risk, mas malaki ang interest. eh di ako masyado adventurous, kaya yun. pinapadalhan ka naman ng statement at receipts kaya safe yung pera mo dun. atsaka mas mataas ang interest rates kesa sa banko, kahit pa time deposit mo yan, mataas pa rin ang makukuha sa prulife.

atsaka, ang maganda, pag may nangyari sa yo na masama, di mo na kailangan magbayad. maghihintay na lang yung mga heirs mo para makuha nila yung sum assured. mas ok di ba? kung sa bank, di na madadagdagan yung pera mo pag di mo hinulugan... wala pang insurance yun...
  • eugebiz77eugebiz77 Member PExer
    im happy for you coz you believe in long term investment. im eugene, im a licensed financial advisor from philippine axa, if you feel you need some re assessment feel free to contact me @09214918068 or email me @ [email protected], i can give you financial advise for free. i'll be glad also if you know someone like you who seeks for financial advice. thank you!
  • narutrixnarutrix Pagla2kbaySmundoNgKawalan PExer
    Naruto Kun wrote: »
    Eto mas madaling solusyon ata wala ka ng iintindihin. Assuming you have P 100k. Invest mo 85% nyan sa mutual funds (sunlife, philequity, etc.) and the remaining 15% invest mo sa term life insurance. Kapag sinabing term life insurance, purely protection lang ang kinukuha mo. A P 1M personal accident insurance will set you back by only P1,000 a year. Solve ang problem.

1k lang a year? wow... kaya pala nabasa ko ata somewhere here in pex na mas mura kumuha ng inssurance and mutual funds separately.

anong company yung merong 1k a year for 1M personal accident insurance?
  • ideeannaideeanna Member PExer
    Hello:) , Prulife uk is one of the oldest financial institutions of the United Kingdom. They pioneered mutual funds & unit linked variable life insurance plus introduced many revolutionary investment and insurance products into the Asian market. Fast growing indeed, transparent and compliant copany. Not to mention, stable and strong.
  • GreenfireGreenfire Lightning Strucks PExer
    whats the deal in this company?
    can you give example?
    Thanks
  • JandreksJandreks Bodeger-futboler-poledancer PExer
    I availed their life insurance plus the mutual fund thru my friend. I'm paying roughly 20k a year and yet don't know what will happen on this. I started "saving" last Feb 14, 2008.

Can anyone enlighten me more about this? Ayoko na lang kulitin ang friend ko or read the policy (malalim ang terms, hindi ko maintindihan eh).
  • enkeytisienkeytisi I Love Kamuning! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    FOR THOSE LOOKING TO INVEST AND OR TO BUY INSURANCE PRODUCTS:

Hello Pexers, I want to start this thread to help our fellow Pinoys know more about Prulife UK's Variable Life Products or VUL.

I've been to many forums and I found out that not many Filipinos are aware of what a Variable Life Plan really is? So post all your questions about it and I will try my best to answer it correctly.

To those not familiar with VUL, here's a few details about it:
    • VUL is an insurance product linked with investment, or investment package with insurance benefits.
    • Other optional benefits can be added to it depending on your needs. (ex. accident, disability, hospital income, health crisis coverage, and others.)
    • VUL was introduced in the Philippines by Prulife U.K. in 2002 and is now considered one of the most preferred investment product in the Philippines.

VUL is ideal for:

- "Newbie" investors.
    - Those that want to avail life insurance.
    - Business owners/entrepreneurs.
    - Breadwinners / OFWs
    - Employees and other income earners.

Additional info about VUL:

- Affordable; you can start with just P1,500 monthly (only P50 a day).
    - Flexible payment; cash, check, debit from bank account, or pay via credit card.
    - Flexible terms; 5, 10, 15 years to pay, 1-time payment or - regular/continuous pay.
    - You can add additional funds as “top-ups”.
    - You can make emergency withdrawals from your funds; and
    - Your money is handled by professional fund managers.

Here's an actual client of ours:

Name/Age of Client - Joy M., 34 years old
    Monthly Savings - P2,052.00

Insurance Benefits: (No Medical Exam)

Life Insurance Benefit - P1,000,000.00
    Accidental Death Benefit - P500,000.00
    Disability Insurance - P500,000.00
    *Health Crisis Insurance - P500,000.00
    *If diagnosed with critical illnesses such as cancer,
    stroke, heart attack, kidney failure, brain tumor, etc.

Joy’s Investment/Savings of P2,052 monthly:
    (separate from her insurance benefits)

After 10 years - **P165,253.00
    After 20 years - **P604,341.00
    Joy’s Money at age 60 - **P1,013,126.00
    (**Projected at 10% compound interest per year, actual average interest is higher.)

If you have other questions just post them here or text us at 0917-6915208.

FREE 1-Hour Financial Awareness Seminar: Every 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 10 am in Makati City. (Text your name to 0917-6915208 to reserve a seat).

TOPICS:
    - Financial Planning 101
    - The Millionaire Mindset
    - Steps to a Strong Financial Foundation
    - Investment Basics (Types of Investments, How to avoid scams)
    - Variable Life or VUL Awareness

Text your name to 0917-6915208 to reserve a seat.

Note: This is purely seminar - as part of our financial awareness advocacy - Strictly NO solicitation will be conducted.

POST YOUR CONCERNS BELOW, THANKS :)
  • Ducati_DiavelDucati_Diavel PEX Big Boss PExer
    I have a PruLife Platinum Plan, my monthly premium is PhP3,000.

How come the one you posted here is only 2K premium?

What other benefits/riders does the 2K monthly premium have?

Maybe I can compare it with mine.
  • dangerdaysdangerdays Member PExer
    Paano kung health insurance lang gusto ko? how much per month or quarterly? TIA! :)
  • mxherr5mxherr5 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    @ducati,

He already posted the other benefits

To repost

Maybe you're older than the sample client that's why you have a bigger premium or you just opted to get that much.

Example,
    With a 10k premium, I could go as low as 300k on the insurance or 1M on the insurance, so even if we had the same monthly premium, you might have 300k life insurance, and I might have 1M life insurance.

Didn't your agent spell that out clearly for you?

Opposite naman sa Sunlife where the premium is based on the insurance amount and cannot be played around like Pru.

To TS, we haven't got any reply from you.

Next time when you start a thread, be sure that you can monitor and answer all the inquiries here.

To TS, we haven't got any reply from you.

Next time when you start a thread, be sure that you can monitor and answer all the inquiries here.

Hi Ducati, sorry for the late reply medyo dami kasi inasikasong papers for my Nanay (philhealth, PCSO, etc.). I'm trying to get online from the hospital kaya lang sira wifi ko :( really sorry about that. (Though I was able to reply back naman to several text messages).
    I have a PruLife Platinum Plan, my monthly premium is PhP3,000.

How come the one you posted here is only 2K premium?

What other benefits/riders does the 2K monthly premium have?

Maybe I can compare it with mine.

To answer your question...

The plan that I posted is called Prulink Assurance Account Plus Plan or PAA+, (the Platinum plan is no longer offered, and I'm not familiar with it too), with PAA+ the minimum monthly premium is P1,500 only.

The PAA+ is a variable life plan where you can "customize" the riders according to your needs.. so pwedeng walang riders for disability, or health crisis coverage, or accidental benefit. However, the sample client that I posted opted to availed them. If hindi kasama yung said riders mas malaki yung magiging fund projection.

I hope that answers your question... regarding pala sa comparison, I don't know if it's possible to compare the Platinum plan with the PAA+, from what I know kasi, Prulife is continuously innovating its products to meet customers' needs so most likely mahirap ma-compare ang two plans.
    mxherr5 wrote: »
    @ducati,

He already posted the other benefits

To repost

Maybe you're older than the sample client that's why you have a bigger premium or you just opted to get that much.

Example,
    With a 10k premium, I could go as low as 300k on the insurance or 1M on the insurance, so even if we had the same monthly premium, you might have 300k life insurance, and I might have 1M life insurance.

Didn't your agent spell that out clearly for you?

Opposite naman sa Sunlife where the premium is based on the insurance amount and cannot be played around like Pru.

Thanks Mxherr5.. and you're correct with your example :) it maybe because of the age factor too and sometimes pati na din sa health condition, like we have a client na only in his 30's pero diabetic naman kaya pro-rated yung premium nya.

Kaya it's really best to find a knowledgeable agent that can answer all your concerns, bottomline kasi it's not always the company that will make you avail the insurance but more on capability of the agent to present how the product really works. :)
    dangerdays wrote: »
    Paano kung health insurance lang gusto ko? how much per month or quarterly? TIA! :)

Hi dangerdays, sorry for the late reply...

as for your question, pwede din if health crisis cover benefit lang ang rider mo (wala na yung accidental and disability) pero yung life insurance syempre automatic na kasama yun but you can still lower it if you want to.

Ang minimum monthly premium na pwede with Prulife PAA+ is P1,500 (or only P50.00 daily). Monthly payment can be made via credit card, postdated check, or auto-debit from your bank account (BPI, Metrobank, BDO). (If cash allowed lang quarterly payments)

Yun kasi ang maganda sa variable plan ng Prulife, gaya nga ng sabi ni Mxherr5, you can play with it as in you can customize it according to your preference. :)
    Does PruLife U.K. has facility online to view monthly premium payments?

This is nice to have right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file