Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Dentists and Physicians of Pex (and their relatives), please read:

smilewarriorsmilewarrior Moderator PEx Moderator
I need your feedback. I've noticed that there are a lot of dentists (and perhaps physicians) here who want to post their clinic address, specialties and contact information. It can't be done here at What's Up Doc.

I've asked for permission from Kuya Danny, you can now all post your respective clinic address, specialties and contact information at the Health and Beauty subsection, of the Classified ads section of Pex: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243. It will serve as the temporary home of all dental and medical clinic listings. Once their are enough dental and medical ads at the Health and Beauty section of Classified ads, a new Subforum will be made, dedicated solely to Dental and Medical clinic listings. It's sort of like making an Rx Pinoy section here at pex.

Kuya Danny is a bit concerned as to whether posting clinic information would somehow conflict with the ethics of our respective professions. I need additional feedback from you guys regarding this. It should be noted that threads in the classified ads section that have been inactive for 90 days will be moved to the Archive section. You'll need to regularly bump up your thread every once in a while. It's okay to make 1 listing for every practitioner.

Your thread title could probably look like these:
"Dr. Juan de la Cruz, cosmetic dentistry, Manila"
"Dr. G.I. Joe, pediatrics, Marawi City"
"Dr. Narda Darna, dermatology, Mandaluyong City"

Comments

• smilewarriorsmilewarrior Moderator PEx Moderator
    Best to indicate the practitioner's name, the practitioners specialty and the clinic location. Inside, you can give more detailed instructions as to how to get to the clinic, services offered by the clinic, etc. If you want to include the educational background, that would be nice but it's up to you.

What do you guys think? Feedback please.
  • I'm no ethics expert, but isn't that considered advertising already? Like broadcasting your practice on TV?
    layer wrote:
    I'm no ethics expert, but isn't that considered advertising already? Like broadcasting your practice on TV?

Thanks for the input doctor.

Personally, I think the laws which govern our respective professions are very old. Perhaps there's a need to change them?

On some level, there is a part of me which understands the need for restrictions. We're professionals. We are expected to exercise proper decorum, to conduct ourselves in a manner that is beyond reproach.

If we respect ourselves, people will respect us...perhaps thats the reason for all these restrictions. Perhaps...

I'd like to follow all the restrictions, and then I see all the blatant advertising care of Belo et. al. ,Calayan et. al. , and let's not forget that there are even dentists sponsoring and advertising at Abs-cbn and Gma. Somehow, I get thrown off. It just shows how lax our legal system is.

I still remember one of former professors saying the best form of advertising for us heath professionals would be having the reputation of being proficient at helping people heal. Perhaps that will have to be enough for now.

Anyway, I'm not trying to cause trouble here. I just noticed a lot of dentists here at Pex wanting to post their clinic addresses and contact information for gaining patients here. There seems to be a growing number of them so I thought why not give them what they want?

I've stopped actively posting clinic addresses here when asked for referrals at What's Up Doc as I've realized that somehow it's not completely right. I pm them instead when asked. I've never ever given my clinic address here though. Didn't want to come off as advertising my services.

May I ask, what's your take on websites like RxPinoy? A lot of physicians and dentists are posting their clinic addresses and contact details there.
  • marblesmarbles PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Best to indicate the practitioner's name, the practitioners specialty and the clinic location. Inside, you can give more detailed instructions as to how to get to the clinic, services offered by the clinic, etc. If you want to include the educational background, that would be nice but it's up to you.

What do you guys think? Feedback please.

The Code of Medical Ethics only allows us to list the name, specialization, clinic address, and clinic hours, contact numbers. Nothing more.
    I'd like to follow all the restrictions, and then I see all the blatant advertising care of Belo et. al. ,Calayan et. al. , and let's not forget that there are even dentists sponsoring and advertising at Abs-cbn and Gma. Somehow, I get thrown off. It just shows how lax our legal system is.
    This, however, I am not surprised. It's the PRC's job. Need I say more? :frustrated:
  • I would have to agree with marbles regarding the Code of Medical Ethics. If we have to translate that to the web, I guess that means we can only post the same data on webpages as those we are allowed to in front of our clinics. Including educational background isn't exactly fair competition - as some people really do care about those information when going to a doctor. Not that it really matters in all instances though.
    marbles wrote:
    The Code of Medical Ethics only allows us to list the name, specialization, clinic address, and clinic hours, contact numbers. Nothing more.

This, however, I am not surprised. It's the PRC's job. Need I say more? :frustrated:
    layer wrote:
    I would have to agree with marbles regarding the Code of Medical Ethics. If we have to translate that to the web, I guess that means we can only post the same data on webpages as those we are allowed to in front of our clinics. Including educational background isn't exactly fair competition - as some people really do care about those information when going to a doctor. Not that it really matters in all instances though.

Thanks doctors.:) Honestly, this topic is something I've wanted to ask for such a long time. I've asked some of my fellow dentists regarding this and I've been getting mixed reactions. It's nice to hear feedback from a physician's point of view. 'Very enlightening and helpful.