Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden

Gardens of the World

mariadamsmariadams PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
a garden is a good place to de-stress, a source of inspiration, a beauty to behold....

through this thread, let's share photos of gardens we've seen around us.

gardenph.jpg

taken at a garden exhibition in Quezon City, Philippines

Comments

• honestly natatakot ako sa mabato na garden, maganda ang garden na ganyan pero ang hirap magmaintain!
  • mariadamsmariadams PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    gerald....

really? ako naman, i am always fascinated about rocks. i am obsessed with rock gardens! and it helps that everytime we dig our garden, marami kami'ng nabubungkal na bato! they are excellent in creating landscapes!

well, siguro ito ang type mo ....:)

cottage.jpg

A cottage garden in Wiltshire, southwest of England
  • Gardens with-in Mississauga City

woodland park
    IMG_0450.jpg

kariya garden
    IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg
    wow, ang galing naman! saan'g country yan? :)
  • this pictures were taken last summer in canada. oo magaganda nga, but in short time they will be gone, as temperature is dropping now.
    hello jose
    that is what i like about 4 seasons...there's a set of plants for each spring, summer, autumn and winter.

here is my garden in late spring this year. the lavanders are just starting to bloom, the red poppies are just growing everywhere and it's the roses' favorite time of the year

garden.jpg
  • sweetwahmsweetwahm PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Beautiful gardens! mariadams, perhaps you have garden pictures for a small space? Liit lang ng yard namin (if you can call it a yard), and I'd like to see some ideas.
    hello sweetham... surely you have a wall... here's a garden using just pots!

wallgarden.jpg
  • sweetwahmsweetwahm PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    that's really pretty. Not only the flowers and plants, but the use of stones, rocks, cement and colored pots.

Keep the pictures coming!
    If your yard is enclosed by grills, then you can hang/attach pots of flowering plants all over.

DSCN0249.jpg
    cebugarden.jpg

See how plants can make even a simple house looking very charming!
    This was taken in Dumaguete, Philippines
    verticalgarden.jpg
    Vertical gardening
    verticalgarden2.jpg
    Vertical gardening 2
  • mariadams wrote:
    gerald....
    well, siguro ito ang type mo ....:)

cottage.jpg

A cottage garden in Wiltshire, southwest of England

This photo carried me back to my memory of Anne Hathaway's (William Shakespeare's wife) thatch cottage garden. Very serene and romantic indeed!

England's Kew Garden is also unbeatable. Thanks for sharing them Mariadams--really appreciate the photos, your generosity, and your time and effort-- very kind of you... Cheers!:)
    You're welcome, Adelaide ... and thanks for the compliments!

I bet you live in England *okay*.

I adore English gardens and one of my dreams is to attend a Chelsea Flower Show on its last day so I can take home some of those beautiful plants on display!

They say that the English climate is most conducive for lovely gardens, and I believe that! Daffodils, roses and clematites could last for weeks and weeks but where i live, in the sunny south of France, they only last for a week and then, gone :mecry: so I have to wait again for another year (save for the roses which come back in the autumn!)

Yeah, seeing those beautiful gardens in Europe crack the hell out of me :bop: ! In France, as way of encouraging each household to florify their surroundings, each spring and summer, they give away free pots of geraniums and even give awards to the most flowered towns!

I wish we have that common passion in the Philippines. Hence, in my own little PEX-ing way, i could inspire some minds out there to start with even one pot of plant in their own backyard.

That is what fascinates me about Thailand - you see bougainvilleas and flowers everywhere! Saying that, I should give credit to the province of Dumaguete where I was so impressed that I nicknamed it a "Garden Town"! Each house - nipa hut or mansion - is surrounded by climbing bougainvilleas and gumamelas!
    Here is an article I read somewhere. Though other pexers may have read it already on my Francophone thread, I think it is mostly relevant under Gardening Section.

Gardening

Most people separate work and play into separate boxes--eight-to-five in the cubicle, weekday evenings watching sitcoms or carting the kids to ballet rehearsal, and weekends of golf or waterskiing.

Not so the gardener. Digging holes and pulling weeds could hardly be called recreation. But gardening doesn't fit so neatly into the work box either.
    Although at day's end you're left with sore muscles and more weeds to pull, you also find that your soul has been nourished and your spirit rejuvenated.

Gardening is the most popular hobby, but the term seems pitifully inadequate. What term could be applied to a pursuit that takes so much of you and yet gives so much back? Gardening is an avocation, a passion, a calling. It's getting out of the car after a long day and a longer commute, feet sore, brain frazzled, body drained, and finding you can't wait to drag hose, tend tomatoes and transplant zinnias.

In the hierarchy of all things important, gardening is very near the top. It's important because you pass along the awe to the youngsters in your life.
    Together you plant radish and carrot seeds and you get as excited as they do when the seedlings poke out of the ground--not to mention that kids who grow radishes and carrots are more likely to eat them.

Gardening, they say, keeps you young, although I haven't seen any scientific data on the subject. Staying young is important to me and I'm guessing gardening is less painful than some of the Beverly Hills methods (though perhaps nearly as costly). I've known a fair number of elder gardeners and noticed in them a certain nimbleness of step, a bit less stiffness in knee and hip. The elder gardener may pull fewer weeds and find their shrubbery has swallowed large chunks of yard, but they walk through the garden with a grace that only a lifetime among bees and butterflies can give.

Gardening is important for the economy since only a gardener would spend $75 on a single hosta or daylily, and to do so with no regrets. Only a gardener would spend winter evenings reading plant descriptions in garden catalogs, believing every word. It’s important because it teaches you humility when the $75 hosta is devoured by voles (a small vegetarian rodent with expensive tastes), or the prized rose bush decimated by Japanese beetles. It also teaches the joy of nurturing, the delightful responsibility of caring for a seedling that depends on you for light, water, life.

It gives you an excuse to wear silly hats that keep the sun off your neck and hang out with other gardeners who will covet your silly hats.

It's important because when your gardening days are finally done, some young couple will come along and rediscover your long-neglected garden. As they are cutting back the overgrown shrubbery they will encounter some fragrant treasure that you sowed so many years ago. That treasure will spark in them something that they will pass along to their own children.

In a world where conflict and strife seem to surround us, gardeners create a space where peace and beauty reign. In a time of rampant selfishness, gardeners set the example of selflessness.

For it's impossible to garden only for yourself. The colors and textures you splash upon the ground are soaked up by all the birds, butterflies and passersby in your neighborhood. But mostly, it's important to be a good steward of a small patch of earth and to know that you are one among millions who are helping to heal a wounded planet, one garden at a time.
    gard.jpg

the red flowers are the hanging geraniums and those on the hanging pots are petunias
  • -=+cZaRiNa+=--=+cZaRiNa+=- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Love it!:)

ayuth005.jpg
    Is this a garden?:lol:
  • -=+cZaRiNa+=--=+cZaRiNa+=- PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mariadams wrote:
    cebugarden.jpg

See how plants can make even a simple house looking very charming!
    This was taken in Dumaguete, Philippines
    Yup! Kahit simple lang ang bahay pero gumaganda.
    hello czarina...

according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden

"A garden is a planned space, usually outdoors, set aside for the display, cultivation, and enjoyment of plants and other forms of nature. The garden can incorporate both natural and man-made materials. The most common form is known as a residential garden. Western gardens are almost universally based around plants. Zoos, which display wild animals in simulated natural habitats, were formerly called zoölogical gardens. ..."

keep it up*okay*