Home PEx Business and Careers The Entrepreneur's Corner

PANGISDAAN (fish Farming) | Biz

Anyone experienced in this business?

I'd like some info on Tilapia breeding, raising, and marketing. Please post links.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    no direct experience, just studies and info given by our clients.

a 5m x 5m floating fishpen with a fine nylon net (for laguna lake or the rivers in bulacan) will require 20,000 pesos of input (fingerlings and feeds). in three months, you should be able to harvest 50,000 worth. yep, you need at least two 5 x 5 pens to earn a living. and the risks are high.

for a fish pond, the holding capacity is very small. a 3 x 5 x 1 pond (which you dug yourself) won't yield more than 5,000 pesos worth every three months.
  • no direct experience, just studies and info given by our clients.

a 5m x 5m floating fishpen with a fine nylon net (for laguna lake or the rivers in bulacan) will require 20,000 pesos of input (fingerlings and feeds). in three months, you should be able to harvest 50,000 worth. yep, you need at least two 5 x 5 pens to earn a living. and the risks are high.

for a fish pond, the holding capacity is very small. a 3 x 5 x 1 pond (which you dug yourself) won't yield more than 5,000 pesos worth every three months.

Thanks, Mac. Much appreciated. I'm interested in the land-based fishpond instead of riverine or aquaculture out in the open water.

Any links to this info? So the 3 x 5 x 1 pond, can that be a RAISED pond? I plan to build above ground circular concrete ponds for easier harvesting/breed maintenance and water maintenance. I'm not a Math wiz.....so how many of those 3 x 5 x 1 (raised) ponds would fit in a HECTARE even allowing for walkways and space between the ponds?
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yikes! one hectare? that's a project that requires a civil engineer and a fisheries expert. and there might be something wrong with my dimensions. 3x5x1 is just a backyard pond that can be used for home consumption (a father aided by his eldest son can't dig anything bigger). a commercial pond has to be bigger. also, a 1 hectare pond complex will probably need a deep well to keep your ponds charged. breeding above ground in a "dry" area can be expensive.

now, if you're the the mood to experiment, why don't you research on ionized oxygen filters? i watched this in a japanese embassy feature. with ionized oxygen, the water is very clean even though you stock it with twice the normal amount of fish ---and they reach harvest dimensions in less than half the time! my friend already researched it for commercial beeding of aquarium fish. he says the method is very expensive and requires a big scale of operations.

i think it's time you went to the bureau of fisheries.
  • yikes! one hectare? that's a project that requires a civil engineer and a fisheries expert. and there might be something wrong with my dimensions. 3x5x1 is just a backyard pond that can be used for home consumption (a father aided by his eldest son can't dig anything bigger). a commercial pond has to be bigger. also, a 1 hectare pond complex will probably need a deep well to keep your ponds charged. breeding above ground in a "dry" area can be expensive.

now, if you're the the mood to experiment, why don't you research on ionized oxygen filters? i watched this in a japanese embassy feature. with ionized oxygen, the water is very clean even though you stock it with twice the normal amount of fish ---and they reach harvest dimensions in less than half the time! my friend already researched it for commercial beeding of aquarium fish. he says the method is very expensive and requires a big scale of operations.

i think it's time you went to the bureau of fisheries.

Thanks for the tips and info. It's time for me to visit the Bureau of Fisheries.

Thanks again,

Miss Angel
  • Would it possible to make a fish net with a huge steel frame,container size with galvanised wire mesh lined with a finer mesh that could be floated in a bay with large bouys?? Would the fish survive a typoon inside?
  • Attend a seminar at ultima entrepinoy " How to culture tilapia" thats the latest course they offer... Good luck.
  • dnt know about tilapia farming but these fish i believe are easy to breed. bought a few small ones just to feed my pet, an arafyma, i just put it in the pond, and now, i got plenty of big ones that gives birth to alot of small fishes. Instead of having the tilapia food for my pet, pwede rin food for the table very fresh pa
  • mga tol meron bang nasa fishpond/aquaculture business sa inyo dito?

24 years old po ako na engineer..balak po sana namin maghati nung barkada ko sa kapital..start muna sa maliit around 10k

ok na po ba yan? sugpo/tiger prawn ang gusto namin itry..matagal narin po kasi sa fishpond business ang father ko kaya sya ang mag-manage

although pwede ko syang tanungin gusto ko rin mag 1-step ahead sakanya para alam namin ang kalakaran

thanks in advance po sa anumang comment nyo
  • AnneleiaAnneleia PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sana may magreply. balak din namin ng hubby ko
  • good morning.may mga interested din *** sa aqua busness dito.btw,kami ng barkada ko ang pinpasok is crab culture po.*** *** malalaking crab,*** crab na kapag kasing laki na ng 5 peso coin aun binebenta na.sa sorsogon po un..***** sa m0nth ng may to aug daw po ay mawawala ang similya ng alimango kaya we planned to try sugpo naman daw po.kung may mga idea kayo o tayo dito tayo magpalitan ng mga ideas.maganda kasi kapag aqua business din.
  • Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wow,my month pala na wala silang similya? kwento kapa longhair. :)
  • hello po..akala ko walang magrereply dito..hehe..lastweek bumili kami ng 5k worth ng sugpo fry,.10cents each kaya almost 50k yung ibinuhay ng father ko...this june pa ang harvest after 3 months...eto muna try namin kasi wala masyado pagkain na kelangan para sa sugpo..hoping na malaki ang balik para may magamit na kapital ulet :)
  • good luck sa business.im also interested sa shrimp.wala lang ko fishpond hehe pwde kaya sa fishtank ang mga sugpo?crab din kaya pwede sa fishtank?
  • yes bro pwede yata sugpo sa fishtanks lang..watch
  • ei san area mo Death??sa Bicol ba??bumili na kami ng alimngao by june kami mag sugpo ideas naman jan
  • longhair84 wrote: »
    ei san area mo Death??sa Bicol ba??bumili na kami ng alimngao by june kami mag sugpo ideas naman jan

magkano bili nyo ng maliliit na alimango? yung dad ko bumibili din nyan,dinadala lang dito sa bahay pag may mga nakakahuli...hehehe

actually wala pako masyado alam sa aquaculture..yung father ko lang ang expert..hehe

Pangasinan area po kami..sa bangus capital..hehe
  • hey death text mo naman ako para share tayo ng ideas..hmmm..well 3php kada isang similya then after 1 an half mons magiging 10 to 15php depende sa season.binibili ng dealer sa mga province like sa resto canteen etc..pasimula pa lang talaga kami 1st attempt nag k bagyo kaya balik puhunan..sa sugpo sa may pag walang similya i try namin..text mo ko 09465449639
  • Ask ko lang po kung magkano puhunan ninyo? interested po kasi ako. thanks.
  • any one interested in tilapia aquafarming opportunities pm or email me at [email protected] or visit our website www.unitedaquafarmventures.com
  • Johny_BonnyJohny_Bonny PEx Rookie ⭐
    I used to grow fishes for restaurants but it turned out too expensive and time consuming for me. For the beggining you need a lot of investements to make the tanks and for they're maintenance.