Home PEx Sports NBA

Greatest Laker?

Im not the biggest of Lakers fans (though I rooted for them during the 90s and before Magic's retirement) but just the same, I wonder who is generally acknowledged as the greatest Laker ever. Is it Magic? Kareem? Shaq? West? Baylor? Or Kobe?

Im being biased that's why I go for Magic. I think of all the great names the franchise has had its still Magic=Lakers. Though if Kobe can win one or two titles in the future he can give Magic a run for his money.

Your thoughts?

P.S. I didnt search for similar threads but it wont bother me if this would be merged with threads of similar topic. *okay*

Comments

• It's really Magic Johnson!
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    Hard to name just one but here's my order of the best Lakers ever:

1. Wilt Chamberlain
    2. Magic Johnson
    3. Shaquille O' Neal
    4. Jerry West
    5. Elgin Baylor
    6. Kobe Bryant
    7. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    8. Bob McAdoo
  • Ervin "Magic" Johnson

He'll be an even greater Laker once he runs Kobe out of LA.
  • Though if Kobe can win one or two titles in the future he can give Magic a run for his money.
    You're just trying to get my goat here, right?
  • 1. Magic
    2. Kareem
    3. Shaq
    4. Worthy
    5. Kobe
    6. Rambis
    7. McAdoo
    8. Nixon
    9. Byron Scott
    10. Michael Cooper
  • 1. Magic
    2. Shaq
    3. Jabbar
    4. Mikan - the first true Laker superstar
    5. West
    6. Baylor
    7. Kobe
    8. Chamberlain - spent most of his better years at PHI.
    9. Worthy
    10. Bryon Scott
  • KobeWanKenobiKobeWanKenobi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My Top 10.

1. Earvin "Magic" Johnson - GOAT. Greatest Of All Time for me. He is for me better than everyone including Michael Jordan.
    2. Jerry "Mr. Clutch" West - Not only for his contributions as a player but as GM (9 Titles in Total, 1 in 1972, 5 in the 80s and 3 in the 2000s). Appears on the NBA's logo.
    3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 5 Titles and the ultimate unstoppable weapon in the Skyhook.
    4. Shaquille O'Neal - Most Dominant Ever. Only if he learned to take good care of his body and to get along with his sidekicks.
    5. George Mikan - Original Most Dominant center.
    6. Kobe Bryant - Best athlete ever for the Lakers.
    7. Elgin Baylor - The prototype for all High Flyers. Was the Jordan before Jordan, and Dr. J before Dr. J
    8. Gail "Stumpy" Goodrich - Leading scorer of the 1972 Champion Team. He and West formed the highest scoring starting backcourt in history.
    9. James Worthy - Big Game James was big during the playoffs.
    10A. Michael Cooper - The best defender the Lakers ever had. DPOY and multiple defensive team selection.
    10B. Robert Horry - Big Game Rob as opposed to Big Game James. The most clutch roleplayer ever.
  • ^This brought a tear to my eye. There is hope for you yet KWK.
  • KobeWanKenobiKobeWanKenobi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm a Laker fan first before a Kobe fan. The name in front of the jersey is more important than the name at the back of it. That's why I've been a Laker fan since 1982. If the Lakers traded both Kobe and Shaq in 2003, I'll continue to be a Laker fan.

And the nickname I use is just an homage to both the Lakers and Star Wars who are two of my favorites. Since Kobe's a Laker and Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Star Wars character my nickname is a amalgamation of their names.
  • p**ty t*ng wrote:
    You're just trying to get my goat here, right?

Nah. Honestly, I dont know who you're rooting for or which player you're against. :D
  • PExMan_00PExMan_00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^
    peachy, diba erick dampier fan ka? hehe
  • ^Just kidding.

Anyway here's my top 10

1. Magic Johnson
    2. Shaquile O'Neal
    3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    4. James Worthy
    5. Nick Van Exel (the original TLNTC)
    6. Jerry West
    7. George Mikan
    8. Pat Riley
    9. Lamar Odom
    10. Luke Walton
  • PExMan_00PExMan_00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. magic
    2. shaq
    3. west
    4. kobe
    5. kareem
    6. worthy
    7. chamberlain (kung sixer days nya, #1 sha)
    8. baylor
    9. mikan
    10. HORRY! :D
  • PExMan_00 wrote:
    1. magic
    2. shaq
    3. west
    4. kobe
    5. kareem
    6. worthy
    7. chamberlain (kung sixer days nya, #1 sha)
    8. baylor
    9. mikan
    10. HORRY! :D
    I'm kicking myself in the head for this. You are absolutely right. How can I forget Horry (I'm blaming Kobe for that too).

My edited top 10
    1. Magic Johnson
    2. Shaquile O'Neal
    3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    4. James Worthy
    5. Nick Van Exel (the original TLNTC)
    6. Jerry West
    7. George Mikan
    8. Pat Riley
    9. Robert Horry
    10. Lamar Odom
  • Kareem
    Magic
    Kobe
    Shaq
    Mikan
    Worthy
    Horry
    Goodrich
    Rambis
    Lamar
  • Greatest Laker=Earvin "Magic" Johnson
  • Red_DevilRed_Devil PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Magic Johnson!!!
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    magic johnson
  • lechon xlechon x PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    greatest laker......magic johnson *okay*
  • I'm a Laker fan first before a Kobe fan. The name in front of the jersey is more important than the name at the back of it. That's why I've been a Laker fan since 1982. If the Lakers traded both Kobe and Shaq in 2003, I'll continue to be a Laker fan.

And the nickname I use is just an homage to both the Lakers and Star Wars who are two of my favorites. Since Kobe's a Laker and Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Star Wars character my nickname is a amalgamation of their names.

and this made perfect sense...wonder how many pexers are into...err ecstasy?