Home PEx Business and Careers The Entrepreneur's Corner

Startups | Biz

markpaulmarkpaul PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Gusto ko sana mag negosyo like PLDT Internet Cafe plus... hehehe

Comments

• check out this link maraming useful ideas about starting your own biz.

http://entrepinoys.blogspot.com/

good luck!
  • uptowngirluptowngirl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Or you can really study. Check this out:

http://www.businessmaker-academy.com
  • hayy' nakapag bukas ulit ako after 4 yrs. Ano nag bang magandang negosyo?:lol:
  • markpaulmarkpaul PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thanks for the info...im considering internet cafe and a pharmacy...
  • uptowngirluptowngirl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi loney_girl! For business, one of the in thing right now is getting a cart franchise. But it really depends on your interest. You can buy the Entrepreneur Magazine for ideas. ;)

markpaul, my colleagues and I are considering an internet cafe too. The funny thing is, I work for a pharmaceutical company and I know a couple who owns pharmacies.
  • TreviTrevi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A Business, starts with a BUSINESS PLAN.

Top 10 Tips to Create A Business Plan
    (For People Who Hate Business Plans)

One of the key challenges for any business is to remain focused and invest resources for maximum pay-off. It's said that 80% of a business's activity accounts for only 20% of total profits. In plain language, most of the work we do is unfocused, poorly designed and ineffective. In today's competitive world, no business, whether it's an individual professional or a large manufacturing operation, can survive with that much lost time and wasted effort. A business plan can help, but most small business owners (and some managers/supervisors) hate doing them! In the spirit that any map is better than no map, here are my top ten keys to creating your own map to success:

1. Have a dream. This sounds simple and obvious, but answering the questions: "Why am I doing this? What's the big picture?" can lead to profound changes in many organizations. Too often in the daily grind, we forget to think about where we want to go, or why we started the business or took the job in the first place.

2. Make the dream bigger. What if the whole world bought your products or loved your service? What would it mean if your profits, or your personal income were 10 times greater? How about 100, or 1000 times greater? What shifts in focus would that require? Would your daily routine change? Would you spend your time and energy on different problems, attend to different priorities? Why wait?

3. Make the dream clearer. Have a precise description of exactly what you want and hang it in your office, in the employee lunch room, in the restrooms, and on the dash of your car. Use key words, phrases, a photograph of your future office building or whatever symbol will crystallize the dream and make it real for you and for every member of your team

4. List 100 obstacles that will get in your way. Enlist staff, friends, competitors to help. Ask your customers to join with you in looking for the roadblocks, blindspots and bottlenecks that prevent you from growing. Make it a matter of personal pride to never have a problem pop up that you haven't already considered.

5. List 1000 solutions, 10 for each potential problem. The key here is creativity, flexibility, and responding instantly when the unexpected happens. Expect the unexpected, and have a file of alternative solutions at your finger tips. It's called contingency planning. Do it!

6. Get tons of advice. Have your accountant, your attorney, your insurance agent, your spouse and your cousin take a look at this. If you can't explain it to them, will you be able to explain it to your staff? If these people don't understand and support your plan, will you be able to maintain your own enthusiasm over the long haul?

7. Get good advice. After explaining your dream and your plan to lots of people, sit down with a handful of those you trust the most, and pay them to give you their best feedback. Lots of people can give you technical advice, expert advice, and even friendly advice. Wisdom is more important, and harder to find.

8. Create the path of least resistance. Using the dream as your goal, and knowing the obstacles that could get in your way, begin mapping your way through the wilderness to your destination. What's the easiest, most direct, route? What's the safest route? Which combination of activities and priorities makes the most sense?

9. Take action. Once you know where you want to go and have a path to get there, start walking! Too many managers put their business plan into a nice file folder that is never looked at because they are too busy working "hard." Instead, use your efforts and your plan together so that your effort is focused, productive and smart!

10. Re-assess often. Just as someone hiking across barren territory needs to periodically stop and check their map and compass to avoid walking in circles, business owners and managers need to check their direction and their priorities. Conditions change. Opportunities pop up or disappear, new problems arrive or the nature of the dream changes. All of these things will happen. Plan for it! Regularly step outside your business to re-assess and redefine your most important tasks. You can't afford to spend 80% of your effort in busywork and unprofitable distractions. Re-assess and stay on course.

© Copyright 2003 "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert”
  • can anyone list down the things i need to consider as well as the list of permits and everything for me to be able to operate legally :) thank you...

calling all business/entrep grads... hehe thank you
  • tennisacetennisace PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bukkakeboy wrote: »
    can anyone list down the things i need to consider as well as the list of permits and everything for me to be able to operate legally :) thank you...

calling all business/entrep grads... hehe thank you

First you need a business plan.
  • tennisace wrote: »
    First you need a business plan.

Yes, that's true!
  • and the business plan includes?...
  • ^ i suggest you research about it. there is even a free downloadable format of a business plan.
  • KirhatKirhat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Determine Your Financial Requirements

You must now determine your financial needs and raise funds to meet these needs. You can begin a sari-sari store from your own personal savings. A garment factory, on the other hand, will require more elaborate arrangements for fund sourcing.

Generally speaking, the financial requirements of a business may be classified into Fixed Capital, Working Capital, and Pre-operating Capital.

Developing a Financing Plan
    bukkakeboy wrote: »
    and the business plan includes?...

Personally, I would like to see the following in your plan:

1) Management
    I would like to know who the principals of the business are, including a brief background on each to see what value they bring to the table.

2) Description of the business
    What product or service does the business provide, what needs does it fill and perhaps a brief on the rationale of the business.

3) Marketing
    Who are the potential customers of the business, why will they purchase from the business and how will the business reach them.

4) Finances
    Financial projections in 1-, 3-, and 5-year terms and how the business intends to secure financial resources.

It would be pointless to go through all the trouble of permits, licenses, etc., if you don’t have a plan of action for your business. While permits and licenses allow the business to operate legally, they do nothing to help your business operate profitably. The point of doing business is to make money. You need a plan to make that happen.
  • Small business? start from ample amount of money. be resourceful-that's the best recipe for starting a business. wag ka na magpa advice sa mga nakapagtapos kuno na gagawa ng feasibility study. I'm a graduate of business course. Feasibility studies only apply pag napaka laki na ng negosyo mo. Pag nagsisimula ka palang you really don't need it. you need to discover how to make a business. di advisable na nanghihingi ka ng advice dito. better to do it now and execute it..
  • MaNrEsA wrote: »
    Small business? start from ample amount of money. be resourceful-that's the best recipe for starting a business. wag ka na magpa advice sa mga nakapagtapos kuno na gagawa ng feasibility study. I'm a graduate of business course. Feasibility studies only apply pag napaka laki na ng negosyo mo. Pag nagsisimula ka palang you really don't need it. you need to discover how to make a business. di advisable na nanghihingi ka ng advice dito. better to do it now and execute it..

agree. dapat start small, tipong naaayon lang sa capital na mayroon ka.
    MaNrEsA wrote: »
    Small business? start from ample amount of money. be resourceful-that's the best recipe for starting a business. wag ka na magpa advice sa mga nakapagtapos kuno na gagawa ng feasibility study. I'm a graduate of business course. Feasibility studies only apply pag napaka laki na ng negosyo mo. Pag nagsisimula ka palang you really don't need it. you need to discover how to make a business. di advisable na nanghihingi ka ng advice dito. better to do it now and execute it..

It doesn’t matter if it’s a small business, you still need a plan.

You say, start from ample amount of money. How “ample” is ample? You need a plan to determine what amount of money is ample for your business. What about contingencies? There should be a plan for that as well, and you may need additional money to cover these. Being resourceful helps to overcome difficulties, but why risk putting yourself in a position of difficulty if a simple plan could have mitigated it in the first place?

You say, do it now and execute it. You need a plan on how to do it right, and a plan on how to execute it in a way that manages risk. It’s never a good idea to start a business on the basis of guesstimates.

It’s nice to be a business course graduate, but unless you have the experience of actually building a few successful businesses, all you really have is a certificate of graduation. That’s not worth getting advice from, in my opinion. But, I could be wrong.
  • I grew up in an environment where my family engages in business. This so-called business plan is only for theoretical purposes. I don't think our education system suffices the need to become entrepreneurs. Businessmen are doers not people who just brag with what they know in the first place. Schools will teach you how to be corporate slaves not entrepreneurs.

I know some people who tried to put their own businesses. Still, they fail. Its quite ironic why most professors teach entrepreneurial skills yet a lot of them are not entrepreneurs by themselves. Business is a matter of luck, runs in the blood, and depends on your environment.
    MaNrEsA wrote: »
    I grew up in an environment where my family engages in business. This so-called business plan is only for theoretical purposes. I don't think our education system suffices the need to become entrepreneurs. Businessmen are doers not people who just brag with what they know in the first place. Schools will teach you how to be corporate slaves not entrepreneurs.

I know some people who tried to put their own businesses. Still, they fail. Its quite ironic why most professors teach entrepreneurial skills yet a lot of them are not entrepreneurs by themselves. Business is a matter of luck, runs in the blood, and depends on your environment.

Unlike you, I don't have the benefit of a business course diploma. I just find it baffling that someone who supposedly is a business course graduate can't appreciate the the finer points of starting a business.

In any event, there is nothing theoretical about the capital requirements of a business and the other requisites that puts the business on the path to profitability. Businessmen don't just do for the sake of doing, and they never rely on luck. There is a method to the "doing", and ...... never mind, there's really no point.

Just a couple of questions:

--- Are you a business owner?
    --- The people you know who tried to put up a business, why did they fail?
  • great2findgreat2find PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Business is a matter of trying and trying again.
  • jazzyjazzy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Forget about the "typical" business plan you hear. It's a waste of time.

Most businesses that started with the so called business plan eventually changed their business along the way.

Yes you need a plan but in the very early stage of your business, all you need is a product and a sales strategy to sell it.

Learning how to sell you product is your BIGGEST and most important job.