Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden

question sa refund sa downpayment sa condo, advice needed

My friends and I rented a unit in pasay, kaso, after 1 month we need to move out for various reasons. Di pa naming napipirmahan yung contract. Since we used only 1 month, we’re expecting na we’ll get the rest of the amount we initially handed out na around 9k. kaso when we got the refund we were deducted the broker’s commission of 2k. os this normal considering the circumstances?

advice naman po, please :)

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    How much is the monthly rent?
  • its 10.5 k, and our initial payment was around 20k.di ba kuya danny the broker's fee should be shouldered by the unit owner?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Yes, if everybody in the deal keeps his end of the bargain.

1) The landlord agreed to provide the space for a specified period (one year, I assume).
    2) The broker agreed to provide an acceptable occupant who would, among other things, occupy the space and pay the rent for the specified period.
    3) The tenant agreed to to occupy the space and pay the rent for the specified period.

It seems to me that in this case only the landlord did what he agreed to do. So you need to work out an equitable remedy between yourself and the broker. I already find the commission of P2,000 quite low. The typical practice is one month's rent equivalent for a one year lease.