Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

quotes from movies...

share nyo naman d2 mga magandang quotes or lines from movies na napanood nyo. here's a few ....

"pls. remember that i will not give up on u, until u give up on me." - morpheus (the matrix)

"there is no try. do or do not" - yoda (star wars)

"sometimes to do wats rightt, we have to be steady and give up the things we want most. even our dreams" - peter parker (spiderman)

".. I can only show u the door, ur the one that has to walk thru" - morpheus (the matrix)

Comments

• ui astig to..i remember there was an old thread about this too..

"do you know what's on that shore, immortality, take it!!!" achilles, troy
  • Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of Th?oden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now... Ride now... Ride. Ride for ruin and the world's ending!!! - Theoden

Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!* - Aragorn

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • "You realize we're all going to go to college as virgins. They probably have special dorms for people like us."
    --American Pie

"Did she say we were doing laundry? Because where I come from, it's called "doing the hibbidy-dibbidy."
    --Big Daddy
  • All from High Fidelity - Love this movie!!!

Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

Rob Gordon: Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I've read books like "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Love in the Time of Cholera", and I think I've understood them. They're about girls, right? Just kidding. But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash's autobiography "Cash" by Johnny Cash.

Rob: It made sense to pool our collective loathing for the opposite sex, and while we were at it, you get to share a bed with somebody at the same time. We were frightened of being left alone for the rest of our lives. Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26, and we were of that disposition.

Rob: It would be nice to think that since I was 14, times have changed. Relationships have become more sophisticated. Females less cruel. Skins thicker. Instincts more developed. But there seems to be an element of that afternoon in everything that's happened to me since. All my romantic stories are a scrambled version of that first one.
  • Here are quotes from Tyler Durden in Fight Club...

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

and of course...

"The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight."
  • Ferris: Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus but it still wouldn't change the fact that I don't own a car! -- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Ferris: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club. -- The Breakfast Club

Buttercup: You can't hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords. -- ThePrincess Bride

Scarlett: Rhett, don't! I shall faint!
    Rhett: I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you've ever know have kissed you like this, have they? Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley! -- Gone With the Wind

Rhett: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. -- Gone With the Wind

I'll have what she's having. -- When Harry Met Sally
  • "you're my angel" - a walk to remember

:lol:
  • "I can't go to taco bell, I'm on an all-carb diet. GOD Karen you're so stupid! " - Regina, Mean Girsl.
  • There's a lot of good quotes in hollywood movies *okay*
    But this one is one of my fave's
    Our Love Is Like A Wind....I Can't See It, But I Can Feel It
    (Landon: A Walk To Remember)

Kilig sobra!!!!:love:
  • ^ :lol: a walk to remember kicks a$s!!! :glee:
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    krazykat wrote:
    Ferris: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    *okay* Yup! One of the most memorable quotes from an 80's movie .

Fight Club is a really good movie with lots of memorable quotes:

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh!t we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

"Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything."

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your [email protected] khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

"The things you own end up owning you."
  • From the 2004 movie SIDEWAYS:

Paul Giamatti(Miles) and Virginia Madsen(Maya) talking about why they are so passionate about wine;

Maya: I like how it's a living thing. I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing; how the sun was shining; if it rained. I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes. And if it's an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now. I like how wine continues to evolve, like if I opened a bottle of wine today it would taste different than if I'd opened it on any other day, because a bottle of wine is actually alive. And it's constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks, like your '61. And then it begins its steady, inevitable decline.
  • boredtoday wrote:
    ^ :lol: a walk to remember kicks a$s!!! :glee:

Hey, AWTR have other good quotes like...

Jamie: I have my faith but don't you?
    Landon: There's too much suffering and bullsh!t in this world.
    Jamie: But without suffering there will be no compassion.
    Landon: Well, tell it to those who suffer.
  • private-iprivate-i PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    From the movie Dream of the Insomiac:

"There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn't be one of them."

"Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of your time."

From the movie When Harry Met Sally:

" It's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

From the movie Working Girl:

"Tess McGill: I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?"

From the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

"Cameron: I am not going to sit on my *** as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."

From the movie 10 Things I Hate About You:

"Kat Stratford: I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."

From the movie The Breakfast Club:

"The Breakfast Club: Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club."

From the movie Office Space:

"Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

From the movie You've Got Mail:

"Kathleen Kelly: Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but circumscribed. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."

From the movie Dead Poets Society:

"John Keating: No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."

"John Keating: We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

"[Quoting Henry David Thoreau]
    Neil: I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

"John Keating: They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."
  • Here are my favorite quotes from As Good as It Gets...

Melvin Udall: "What if this is as good as it gets?"

Melvin Udall: "It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good. "

Melvin Udall: "I can't get back to my old life. She's evicted me from my life!"
    Simon Bishop: "Did you really like it all that much?"

Melvin Udall: "I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!"

Melvin Udall: "You make me want to be a better man."
  • "I love.... Carpet.!!!!!"
    "I Love Lamp!!!!!!!"

"Brick, do you really love lamp? or are you just looking at things around the office?"

"I love lamp!"

"Guys, do you really want to know what love is?"

"yes ron!!.."

"it's like....

Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight... gonna grab me some afternoon delight!!

BEST. MOVIE. EVAR!!!!!
  • st.angerst.anger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "I have a bad feeling about this"

"Get busy living or get busy dying"
  • i may not see you but i know you're there.. - city of angels

:newangel: *okay*
  • "hey I'm sierra!" Sierra, Bring It On All Or Nothing.. kakatawa lang ung pagsabi niya nun.. :lol:
  • "I am not a smart man, but i know what love is" - forest gump