Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

child or mother?

situation: a mother is giving birth, pero complications dictate na either one is not going to survive. if you were the father/mother what will your choice be?

Comments

• Hmmmmmm.....Tough question....

I think that both would-be parents should decide on what to do with this kind of situation. I believe that this requires a great deal of thinking. Either way, it's of course a lose-lose (?) situation. Who would want to lose one's own child? But in which case that the wife can still bear children then I think the most evident choice will be is to save the life of the mother. Yet still it is in fact a very tough call.
  • :)luv ya!!!

ITS KINDA TOUGH DECISION WHICH WOULD U RATHER BE. BUT IN CASE DAT HAPPEN TO ME...I WOULD RATHER TO GO ON AND STAYS IN OTHER LIFE...ITS ALL GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO HAVE THIS OUTSIDE WORLD SUCH A THINGS, LIFE, HAPPINESS THAT I HAVE/HAD FOR A MEANTIME...YEAH I WOULD SAY I'M KINDA GETTING TIRED OF THIS LIFE SO FAR, AND YEAH I'M STILL TO YOUNG BUT THE FACT THAT I BEEN GOING THROUGH WOULDN'T LET ME TO HESITATE TO LET MY FUTURE KID(FOR EXAMPLE)TO BE ALIVE AND SEE THIS EXIST WORLD..I WOULD LET HIM/HER TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD THAT WE HAVE. TO HAVE THINGS THAT I HAD, TO FEEL THE FREEDOM, TO FEEL THE LOVE OF OTHERS, TO EXPRESS EVERYTHING THAT'LL COME TO HIS/HER LIFE. ITS KINDA CRAZY TO DECIDE WHICH WAY TO TAKE BUT HEY WHY NOT???

NOW, ITS UP TO MY FUTURE HUSBAND(FOR EXAMPLE)TO TAKE/FACE THE REALITY..IT WOULDN'T BE FAIR FOR HIM BUT HEY "LIFE GOES ON"AND THERE WILL BE MORE!!!!

~~~~~PEACE~~~~:angel:
  • cheche...5am? di ka na yata natulog. yeap,im sure everybody has their own opinion, it's kinda interesting kasi to see what other people will do and what their reasons are. youre right, it's a lose-lose deal. in the end i think the mom has the last say. depende nalang sa outlook nya on these things right? like si mataray- she'd rather let her baby live for reasons that are her own. me i admit di ko madidictate to my future wife (akk,that sounded nauseous) on what course she should take. i should love her enough to respect what her final decision is.
    in your case che, what if there was no time to talk it over with ju- este your future husband? if the decision was entirely up to you?
  • Love your asawa above all else. You can always have more kids.
    If the woman chooses the child she is being selfish and abandoning her husband. If the man chooses the child he is abandoning his commitment to love honor and protect his wife.
    a simple question, if you have your priorities.
  • tin28tin28 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    okay ng mamatay yung bata for me,kasi iisa lang ang asawa but you could always have more kids in the future. and i dont want to abandon my husband, malungkot man sya about the death of our child,at least im around to comfort him and grieve with him
  • Mother.

A marriage is primarily about the couple -- which is why husband and wife should never let their children come between them.
  • cmars2cmars2 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Mother. Pwede pang gumawa ng isang bata.
  • Originally posted by AGoodMan
    Love your asawa above all else. You can always have more kids.
    If the woman chooses the child she is being selfish and abandoning her husband. If the man chooses the child he is abandoning his commitment to love honor and protect his wife.
    a simple question, if you have your priorities.

hmmmmm. nice explanation.
    Originally posted by raven23
    A marriage is primarily about the couple -- which is why husband and wife should never let their children come between them.

hmmmm... :disgust: napaisip lang ako about my own family probs. kaya pala parents ko eh selfish, puro sarili lang ang inisip. nadadamay kme sa marital problems nila, pero they almost don't give a fuKk about how we kids feel, at ayaw nilang magpaapekto sa probs namin. darnit. ganun ba yun????????

sorry, I just had to rant that out. ARGH. :ferocious:
  • My wife 'n' I had this talk a year ago. I told her I would choose her over the unborn child. I would do more harm than good by bringing into this world a child without a mother.

She then would grieve over the loss of life she carried in her for nine months. I could say we could have another, but that wouldn't be right. I choose her. I would join her grief, and it would be up to me to help her move on.
  • Let fate decide....

Both are precious. I cannot say that the mother must be saved because she can bring another child, and I cannot say that the child must be saved because he/she is helpless and special... God's will must prevail... :spinhalo:

I will just pray that neither dies, but if one must, then let fate decide..... :shedtears:
  • I'll choose the mother.
    I can't bear seeing that child grow up without a mom...it's goin to be tough both for him/her and the father.
    how would the people around that child feel too, knowing that he/she was the reason why they lost the mother.
  • you don't have to make a choice really ...
    ... choosing between mother and child ... means killing them both ... not physically but mentally and emotionally ...

if a situation such as this happens ... let the mom carry the child until she gives birth ... you'll never know when miracle will take its course and settle upon ur family ... :redsmile:

... if you kill the baby thinking that you love your wife more and you can make another one ... then u'll forever hold the guilt in ur heart that you aborted the baby without giving him/her the chance to live and see the world ... and this would also affect the mom ... because a child from the mother's womb will always be her child .. and she will love him/her forever ... she would think of herself as selfish ... and wished she have never gone into abortion ...

... on the other hand ... if the mother died because of giving birth ... then it is God's will to happen ... you didn't make a choice ... hence you let God do things at His own will ... u'll have a feeling of lost and emptiness ... but in the end ... it will all boils down to doing the good and moral thing ...

... but then again ... u'll never know if miracle will be showered unto you ... and gives you both the mother and your child ...

it is not your choice ... but of listening to God and doing what is right and moral ... :redsmile: