Home PEx Sports NBA

US Dream Team loses to Greece, settles for Battle for 3rd

snottystiffysnottystiffy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
What the heck is going on? This team powered by NBA superstars bowed to a team that has no active NBA player. BOO. :rotflmao:

Comments

• because they don't know how to shoot and play team ball. look at greece; how well they pass the ball and shoot it as well. king james couldn't hit a three and was missing a ton of free throws; dwade chose not to pass and do it all by himself; 'melo disappeared in the fourth and chris paul wasn't the same player he was in the prelims. if i was the one assigned to assemble the team for the tournament of americas next year in venezuela i'd put more shooters like redd and even jj reddick. i might even think of not putting in dwade and king james there because what they need to have is a team with good players who know how to shoot and not guys who are superstars but don't know the basics of team play and doesn't know how to play motion. in these international meets you have to have players who can shoot, pass the ball, play defense and not rely on just one-on-one isolation plays. but again that's just me and what i think and observed based on what i saw in these championships and from the past international tournaments.
  • si kobe na naman sisisihin nyan.. tsk tsk tsk... patay ka na naman kobe.. hehehe!
  • i guess everyone forgot about Carmelo Anthony and what he has done for the team.... this morning against Greece he put in 27 points, trying to carry the USA Team again, to try and get a win... however one man can't do it all to win against Greece.....
  • rob_pico wrote:
    because they don't know how to shoot and play team ball. look at greece; how well they pass the ball and shoot it as well. king james couldn't hit a three and was missing a ton of free throws; dwade chose not to pass and do it all by himself; 'melo disappeared in the fourth and chris paul wasn't the same player he was in the prelims. if i was the one assigned to assemble the team for the tournament of americas next year in venezuela i'd put more shooters like redd and even jj reddick. i might even think of not putting in dwade and king james there because what they need to have is a team with good players who know how to shoot and not guys who are superstars but don't know the basics of team play and doesn't know how to play motion. in these international meets you have to have players who can shoot, pass the ball, play defense and not rely on just one-on-one isolation plays. but again that's just me and what i think and observed based on what i saw in these championships and from the past international tournaments.
    yahh he disappeared in the fourth cause he only got a few touches of the ball..... the team wasn't playing any team ball... Wade and Lebron including Chris Paul were trying to do it all by themselves and ballhogged...
  • jammerakwaii10jammerakwaii10 SeeTheLight PEx Expert 🎖️
    Individually Team U.S is probably the best in the world but as a team they sucked! Not to mention Chris Bosh is already complaining about his playing time. In world basketball egos should be set aside. Bravo to GREECE! *okay*
  • farkasfarkas PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    blitzzero wrote:
    si kobe na naman sisisihin nyan.. tsk tsk tsk... patay ka na naman kobe.. hehehe!

malamang!!!!!!
  • siguro naman sa sunod na olympics may natutunan na sila. I would love to see michael redd to be part of the team or maybe J.J Redick.. shooters ang kailangan
  • sama mo na c raja bell shooter din naman un at magaling dumipensa tanong nyo pa ka kobe..:naughty:
  • ang nationality ni raja bell e tiga Virgin Islands sya. He played for them on the FIBA americas qualifying tournament. ewan ko lang kung nag ala tim duncan sya..nwei we expect a lot of greeks to be in the nba in the coming months siguro. Si spanoulis will be a part of the ROckets roster this season.
  • hahahaha, WHERE ARE THE SHOOTERS???

Team USA can't shoot outside, puro dunk, puro slashing, puro porma!!

hahahah buti na lang nanalo Greece!!

Laos na kaya ang team USA????

Viva Espana!!
  • re thread title: US Dream Team? Heck, this was no Dream Team. The only Dream Team was back in Barcelona '92.
  • kobe will play in the olympics, sya na ung shooter.. if there's one man na mareretain para sa olympics, c melo un!!!! cguro dapat talaga andun c michael redd..
  • Injured si Gasol!! but Spain plays a hell of defense!!

I'll go for Greece!!
  • dahil nde nag gold US team, ibig bang sabihin nito nde sila kasali sa basketball ng olympics sa china?
  • Espana it is for me!!!!! After living there for a bit....I love Spain!! GO SPAIN!!!! Spain are so quick!! Rudy Fernandez is an awesome player too!
  • At the same time.....its not the Dream Team....the only Dream Team, as what General Granger said, was during the Barcelona Olympics....No other team can be as equal as them!
  • ArrowstormArrowstorm PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    3 Points to consider:
    1. The Greeks were just damn lucky in this game. Imagine hitting several 3-point shots via the bank shot.
    2. Team USA shot miserably from the foul line.
    3. And, Team USA did not send their best players.
  • Send Detroit Pistons w/BIg Ben or Miami Heat instead of the current team USA. IMO they rely too much on their athletecism which is not good for international play because of zone D.
  • kobe will play in the olympics, sya na ung shooter.. if there's one man na mareretain para sa olympics, c melo un!!!! cguro dapat talaga andun c michael redd..

kailangan talaga nila si kobe para my killer instict talaga ung walang kabang tumira pag open kahit nga my depensa walang kaba pa rin.:naughty: bring redd, billups, kung pwede nga lang pati c horry dalhin na para my shooter na big man..d puro slasher na d naman effective sa international na laro.:grrr:
  • DREAM TEAM ba kamo
    it must be bad dream for LEBRON and CO
    isipin mo
    panis sila sa 2004 OLYMPICS
    2 years later
    panis pa rin sila sa 2006 WORLDS