Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Colbert Report

anyone who have seen or loves this show?

I've seen some clips of the show on YouTube (where else? hehe) I must say this is really one of the best comedy shows on TV today. After seeing Colbert at the Emmys the other day, I realized it's time we see his brand of comedy in our shores, even if on cable.

so calling Jack TV, if you haven't picked up this Emmy-nominated show, please do so. you guys have Jon Stewart, why can't we get Colbert as well?

*okay*

Comments

• Is this the one on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart? There's a segment there called the Colbert Report.
  • ^they used to advertise it as a segment, but it's not. This year, Stephen Colbert got his own show which skewers the TV pundits like bill o'reilly.

colbert is adorable and really funny. i have a friend who works for solar tv and have been telling her to tell her bosses to syndicate colbert report, but so far, no such luck. but im still hoping and crossing my fingers. :-)
  • paganpagan PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    love, Love, LOVE this show :up: :up: :up:

witty, uncompromising, funny as hell. Colbert and his writers are awesome.
  • I watched it back when I was staying in the US and it IS very funny. Dare I say, hella funnier than The Daily Show. There's this segment there called "The Word" which is hyprocritic humor at its best.

JackTV! Please get it!!!
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've had to resort to torrents. I've been trying to bug Jack TV too. Sigh. So, all the Colbert we get here are the "turnovers" between Jon and Stephen on TDS.

And I actually agree about it being funnier than TDS. I thought they were going to get the Emmy this year. When Jon accepted the award, saying, "This year, you got it wrong," I may have thought he was referring to his friend Colbert, of course. ;)

Has Paul Dinello made any more appearances? I'm so out of touch already :(

Oh, and no, TCR debuted last year pa, in October 2005...not this year. ;)
  • theres an ongoing colbert green screen challenge...

http://www.codebot.org/colbert/

funny how colbert tried to mess up wikipedia in one of his shows
  • I rarely get to catch the show in it's regular time so thank God for Comedy Central re-airings during the afternoon. Though I don't agree that it's funnier than The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart, I do think it's unbelievable! Now, I don't watch the O'Reilly Factor or whatever since FOX News is :fume: , but The Colbert Report's spin on the show is great! The closest I've gotten to the Factor is from parodies of him on SNL. LOL.:lol:

It seems to be working because it doesn't seem like O'Reilly realizes that Stephen is not really politically on his slant. He seems to welcome Stephen... The Word is awesome and his deadpan expressions really come across as realistic, as if he really believes all the bullsh*t he says.:rotflmao:

His presentation of the Emmys with Jon Stewart was pure comedic prowess! I gotta give them huge kudos for that!*okay*
  • if you guys notice, TDS and TCR complement each other in a way

TDS is the satirical anti-Bush program while TCR is the satirical pro-Bush program.

I would agree that in some aspects, Colbert is funnier and more intellectual in his humor than Jon Stewart. my opinion anyway :)
  • kikaykrasherkikaykrasher PEx Rookie ⭐
    Stephen Colbert is my hero.

Seriously, for those of you missing out, scour YouTube. And make sure you check out his outstanding performance at the <a href=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879>White House Correspondent's Dinner</a>.
  • kikaykrasherkikaykrasher PEx Rookie ⭐
    Stephen Colbert is my hero.

Seriously, for those of you missing out, scour YouTube. And make sure you check out his outstanding performance at the <a href=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879>White House Correspondent's Dinner</a>.
  • Jack promised to get Colbert last year, they just never did
    ^^ I know, I remember you mentioning that. I wonder what's the issue? Money? Or they can't find time in their schedule? Bah, they can just scrap Weekends at the DL or some other show they're showing really old episodes of.

I managed to DVR Colbert's White House performance from Voice of America, which airs C-Span from time to time. Hehehe. That channel has some use after all. :lol:

TDS is the satirical anti-Bush program while TCR is the satirical pro-Bush program.

Yeah, I think they did that on purpose, right? *okay* Though, I think TDS is more of a media or political awareness show since the American media and the news in general is so slanted most of the time and EVERYTHING is sensationalized (like the water main break at my college). People think that TDS is liberal, but I think that it's a misconception. As for TCR, the ravings and antics of a "conservative" is such awesome!

Fake news or not, they're definitely better. There's a statistic somewhere where it was found that people who watch TDS (and maybe TCR too, I'm not sure) were more politically aware than those who just get their news from local tv or the newspaper. Gotta find that... :hmm:

I would agree that in some aspects, Colbert is funnier and more intellectual in his humor than Jon Stewart. my opinion anyway :)

I too had the same impression about Colbert being pro-Bush. At one time during the last US presidential elections, when Colbert was still with TDS, Colbert took a swipe at John Kerry.

Colbert's right-wing leaning became more evident when Colbert accepted an invitation to host an event where Bush poked fun at himself with a Bush look-alike and impersonator beside him.
    Colbert's a self-admitted LEFT-winger, even though the rest of his family is quite passionately right-wing, and so his family isn't exactly happy about it, to say the least. Note that the poster said satirical. ...The only reason why "Stephen Colbert" on TCR is so pro-Bush is because the show's biggest inspiration is Bill O'Reilly.
    mandennis wrote:
    At one time during the last US presidential elections, when Colbert was still with TDS, Colbert took a swipe at John Kerry.
    Did you count the 121,002,422,359 times he took swipes at Bush and the Republicans? ...Jon Stewart also often takes swipes at Kerry, Dean, and the other Democrats.

I mean, what left-winger would resist the opportunity to bash the President when he'll be sitting a mere five feet away? ;)
  • which makes me wonder what would happen if a Democrat wins in the 2008 presidential elections. would this mean a switch of roles between Stewart and Colbert, or would they stick to their current TV "personas"?

what do you think?
    I think Stewart's going to hit at the Democrats, since satire targets the status quo after all.

Colbert...I think he's going to stick to satirizing the heavily Republican *****$hole Billl O'Reilly. :belat:
  • @ kaboomerangle: I wonder who the Democrat candidate would be? Hillary Clinton? I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of her stand on some issues...but who else is there to save us from the Republicans? :confused:

@ illumina: I agree with you about TDS. I believe Jon has mentioned that the show is meant to poke fun at whoever's in power. As for TCR, besides "Papa Bear" O'Reilly, it seems like Stephen has developed a soft spot for Geraldo as well :p
  • I would pity the Democrats if they win the presidency in 2008. seems at this point they won't get any "loving" (in a satirical sense) from either Stewart or Colbert... :D

unless Colbert decides to jump ship and declare his "love and support" for the Democrat president :evil_lol: