COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

HARPER LEE'S TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD

I love this novel. It speaks of racial discrimination and other issues. great plot

Comments

• sixpencersixpencer Ratcher in the Cye PExer
    That is one of my favorite novels of all time!!! I read it first in '97 and have read it over and over again almost six or seven times already...I just love Scout's dialogue it's so similar to my personality. The movie version is great but it lacks in some areas although Gregory Peck delivers 'Atticus' as if Harper Lee based the character on him. Needless, to say it was a surreal magical feeling seeing such lovable characters in motion, u know? I cried at the first scene although there was nothing to cry about. :lol:
  • kahumbukahumbu Member PExer
    One of my most treasured books. Love the story. It does not lose its relevance, even in these 'modern' times. Definitely a classic.
  • davanitadavanita chunky PExer
    read this in college and liked it, too! :)
  • aticusaticus Laker fan for life ✭✭
    My friends and I started an international consulting firm and, in honor of the book, named it "Aticus." (We had to remove one "T" for legal purposes and to because it was easier to spell... :) )

Needless to say, our core philosophy is to be like Atticus Finch. A strong leader. A person of principle. Good book, but greater message...
  • nixnix Administrator PExer
    Yes, I have had a chance to read it, and it was very good indeed. The movie did a good job of capturing the book's spirit as well.
  • dj_ericssondj_ericsson Member PExer
    Just finished the book last Monday. It was hard to put this book down. Great story. There are a lot of things that happen like the mad dog, Mrs. Dubose, Dill's running away. And they are all connected in some ways to the meaning of the story, victims whose innocence are affected by the harsh world.

• The RockThe Rock Old school smackdown layer PExer
    The Rock was required to read the book back in high school, and even then he already liked it. The good thing is that after reading it completely, we got to see the movie for class. The whole issue of kids growing up in a generally rural area of the U.S. where there are dark secrets or racial discrimination was a winner for Harper Lee. It's been a formula that a lot of books and movies have tried to copy including "Stand By Me" and "Now and Then". But nothing beats the characters of "Mockingbird".:cool:
  • _Mase__Mase_ psykotic PExer
    It's definitely a classic.

I love it. :D
  • walangdilawalangdila M?$T?RKiLL?RG??N PExer
    i love it!
    i actually had a crush on scout finch! :D
  • singollosingollo King of the Sindar PExer
    loved it!
  • red_door8red_door8 PExer PExer
    I haven't read this novel yet but I think the title's enough to capture the reader. If I have time, maybe I'll read it.
  • Originally posted by walangdila
    i love it!
    Have you seen him?
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I love the book. I actually read it 5 times. :) (Sorry, tamad ako mag-elaborate. :) )
  • gOOdGiRLgOOdGiRL not really PExer
    i read the book when i was in high school for book review project. it was my brother who chose this book for me. the title was familiar...anyhow when i began to read it i also began to like it.
  • maxinegirlmaxinegirl Go For It PExer
    Originally posted by Abominable
    Originally posted by walangdila
    i love it!
    Have you seen him?

...err, isnt scout a "her?"...:)
  • :shy: :shy:
    scout finch is gurl
    ha... my memory escapes me
    it's been ...what... 3 years since i read the novel
    :shy: :shy:
  • PUGSLEYPUGSLEY Banned by Admin PExer
    It seems that a number of us PExers love/loved this book.

Anyway, you should also try reading Uncle Tom's Cabin- Harriet Beecher Stowe. I know you would also love this book.

I'll try re-reading it as soon as I'm done with the book I'm curently reading

• vijdaqvijdaq bisayang dako PExer
    One of the greatest tributes to that book is the drink called Tequila Mockingbird...
  • It's cute.

§oulfulHunk™
  • this novel is one of my all time favorites, i've actually read it for about 10 times or more.

did you know the 52 great books to read by Lynn Gordon?
    its actually a complilation of those 52 Books with accomodating summary and cute illutrations of each book.

i would love to suggest where you could buy this but my ex didnt disclose the info.

maybe ill post it sometime. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file