Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Saan ang magandang crowd sa Fitness First

feistyradicalfeistyradical PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I work out sa Fitness First Abs-Cbn and the crowd is so jologs. May mga nagtitinda pa sa locker rooms :D

I want to try other branches. Alin ang magandang crowd at malaki ang gym?

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    You've seen one, you've seen them all. Best thing to do is find another gym rather than FF
  • feistyradicalfeistyradical PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What gyms have you tried? How about Gold's Gym?
    I'm a former member of gold's.

www.eclipsegym.com - this is my gym now
    Thanks but eclipse gym is too far. I live in scout area so fitness first abs-cbn is just 10 minutes away. Pag-tiyagaan ko na lang :D Or maybe i'll see what Ayala Trinoma Mall's gym will be...
    Thanks but eclipse gym is too far. I live in scout area so fitness first abs-cbn is just 10 minutes away. Pag-tiyagaan ko na lang :D Or maybe i'll see what Ayala Trinoma Mall's gym will be...

We have members from Caloocan, Fairview and bacoor cavite if you feel its too far

your best options if you want to stay in that area are zest power gym and pinnacle health pointe in sct torillo
  • I work out sa Fitness First Abs-Cbn and the crowd is so jologs. May mga nagtitinda pa sa locker rooms :D

I want to try other branches. Alin ang magandang crowd at malaki ang gym?

feisty,

i have been to the following:

Robinsons Ermita - biggest FF gym in my opinion, split-level type
    Robinsons Metro East - close to where i live
    Greenhills - not bad
    Eastwood - lots of celebrities, ball players
    The Fort - too warm
    Wynsum, Ortigas - two floors. my current gym, close to where i work

equipment wise, they are all on equal footing. i guess it boils down to the crowd, if you are really that concerned about the people around you.

the crowd in Metro East is the friendliest for me. walang conyo or mayayabang. for a 'magandang' crowd, i guess Eastwood will do, literally.

if you are serious about training then you shouldn't be spending more than two hours in the gym. i myself am in and out of the gym in an hour and a half tops, irregardless of crowd. ;)
    I usually spend around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs in the gym myself. I don't go everyday since we also have a home gym (and with my erratic sked, I end up working out at 2am or 4 am). BTW just found out there's a new FF gym at SM North Edsa - The Block. It's rather huge sa 4th or 5th floor.

Thanks Blakedaddy for your suggestions. You seem to know a lot about the gyms in the metropolis :)
    chrisboy wrote:
    feisty,

i have been to the following:

Robinsons Ermita - biggest FF gym in my opinion, split-level type
    Robinsons Metro East - close to where i live
    Greenhills - not bad
    Eastwood - lots of celebrities, ball players
    The Fort - too warm
    Wynsum, Ortigas - two floors. my current gym, close to where i work

equipment wise, they are all on equal footing. i guess it boils down to the crowd, if you are really that concerned about the people around you.

the crowd in Metro East is the friendliest for me. walang conyo or mayayabang. for a 'magandang' crowd, i guess Eastwood will do, literally.

if you are serious about training then you shouldn't be spending more than two hours in the gym. i myself am in and out of the gym in an hour and a half tops, irregardless of crowd. ;)
  • I work out at FF Plus at RCBC Plaza and so far I didn't have problems with the crowd. I even left my cellphone and one member reported it to the staffs :)
  • I honestly am still stunned that some people think that Fitness First is anything other than a meat-market. It's just a social front...not a gym. That is why the crowd is like that. If you want to be around people there for "Fitness" First, socializing SECOND, Fitness First is not the place for you.

My problem with FF from the beginning is that they are very good at getting people to believe that they are about results. There MUST be some gym...ANY gym that in your respective areas of QC that is more conducive to results.
  • @ blakedaddy

Eclipse Gym looks straightforward in their training (i checked the site). I'm interested actually coz I feel left out in FitnessFirst... I mean the trainers aren't that friendly unless you get them for 1:1 training. Besides, I'm from La Salle so the gym is within vicinity. Is it really a good gym? I'm more into toning and muscle definition, not body building and gaining too much size and mass. What's Eclipse Express? And how much is the rate for Eclipse Gym? Thanks a lot. :)
    RAINBOWSIX wrote:
    @ blakedaddy

Eclipse Gym looks straightforward in their training (i checked the site). I'm interested actually coz I feel left out in FitnessFirst... I mean the trainers aren't that friendly unless you get them for 1:1 training. Besides, I'm from La Salle so the gym is within vicinity. Is it really a good gym? I'm more into toning and muscle definition, not body building and gaining too much size and mass. What's Eclipse Express? And how much is the rate for Eclipse Gym? Thanks a lot. :)

Eclipse caters to the people who want serious trainng and results. We cater to athletes and people who aspire to be athletes as well despite being totally new.

Eclipse express is our 2nd branch at the 2nd floor of EGI Taft Tower.

www.eclipsegym.com for further reference.
  • Fairly OddFairly Odd PEx Rookie ⭐
    Bchemist wrote:
    I honestly am still stunned that some people think that Fitness First is anything other than a meat-market. It's just a social front...not a gym. That is why the crowd is like that. If you want to be around people there for "Fitness" First, socializing SECOND, Fitness First is not the place for you.

My problem with FF from the beginning is that they are very good at getting people to believe that they are about results. There MUST be some gym...ANY gym that in your respective areas of QC that is more conducive to results.

:bop: :bop: I was once a guess in one of their branch (one of the nortorious branches), because I was invited by my colleague who is a regular member of their . After a nice workout, I was relaxing inside the sauna. Then an old guy at his 40's/ 50's, going back and forth wearing an underwear and a towel inside the area. I was bit irritated :disgust:by this guy's behaviour and I was not surprised :eek:after a few minutes from the time he sat down opposite from me...he show off his "UNWAVERING STAFF" :shakehead: and asking me to come. I didn't mind the fella rolleyes: because I have a larger stick :p than him,:rotflmao: Poor guy he left frustrated.
  • double post
  • please delete double post
  • double post
  • I'm a member of Fitness First and so far I like it (but then again, it's been just a few months). I like the classes. The only thing bothersome is people talking to you out of the blue while you're working out. Hey, I don't mind meeting new friends but please don't start conversations by raising your voice at me while I'm running on the treadmill. At another time, I was using the elliptical machine (and I almost slipped because I got startled due to some guy was tapping my back asking inane questions). These happened to me when I was in Manila a couple of months ago.

Sometimes I wonder if Fitness First is gym or a social club/pick-up place disguised as a gym ;)
  • Fairly Odd wrote:
    I was once a guess in one of their branch (one of the nortorious branches), because I was invited by my colleague who is a regular member of their . After a nice workout, I was relaxing inside the sauna. Then an old guy at his 40's/ 50's, going back and forth wearing an underwear and a towel inside the area. I was bit irritated by this guy's behaviour and I was not surprised after a few minutes from the time he sat down opposite from me...he show off his "UNWAVERING STAFF" and asking me to come. I didn't mind the fella because I have a larger stick than him,:rotflmao: Poor guy he left frustrated.

BWAHAHAHAHA...It NEVER fails hahahaha...oh DAMN this is funny!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Sorry to laugh at your "rising" experience, but this is EXACTLY why I NEVER went into the locker rooms when I was a member at Libis. Lucky for me was that I lived in Olympic heights next door at Eastwood and could shower without having to see people "excited" to see me :rotflmao:
    I think I'll stick with Fitness First for now because I haven't had any bad experience yet. The accessibility factor is a primary concern too. I think if Eclipse Gym will put up a branch in QC area then I'll transfer :) However, I heard you'll be putting up a QC branch in Katipunan area?
  • I work out at FF Plus at RCBC Plaza and so far I didn't have problems with the crowd. I even left my cellphone and one member reported it to the staffs :)
    I was a member of Fitness First Plus at RCBC plaza. Here are my (10) reasons for choosing FF +:

1) Proximity
    2) Not crowded even during peak hours.
    3) A-grade equipment
    4) Has a pool and a Jacuzzi
    5) Safe, clean, and well-lit place
    6) Free use of towels, gym shirt and shorts
    7) Free finger food
    8) A few incidents of “Pervert Alert”
    9) Discount on membership fee for Ateneans
    10) Friendly Gym Instructors

I also left my Nokia Communicator at the locker room and the honest guard on duty returned it to me.

Downside:

Expect snob gym members.