Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Which body structure is more ideal?

magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Note:

This topic is from Men's Health Philippines's forum, posted by ecoboi8.

I will quote the post.

"Marc Nelson's Bulky built, or Brent Javier's Lean built?"*

"which body sculpture is more ideal???

Marc is more bulked up and Brent is really Lean.... I wonder which is more ideal???"**

Legend:

* This is the title.
** This is the content.

Comments

• vprojectvproject PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've seen Marc Nelson in person and he doesn't really look all that bulked up....maybe his cuts are what gives the illusion of being big.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    And you won't see models when they're not lean
  • magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    blakedaddy wrote:
    And you won't see models when they're not lean

What do you mean by that?

:confused: *peace* *okay*
    magnabash wrote:
    What do you mean by that?

:confused: *peace* *okay*

When models are bulking upm they are FAT. Brad Pitt looked like a redneck who ate two pigs when bulking up for fight club. Te tabloids show this. Only that we see them when they are already prepared for filming.
  • Indeed. Just like we don't see celebrities just after they had a nose job and looked like they got hit in the face by a hammer, you never see models in front of the camera when they are in the off-season and have gained a bunch of fat while they are bulking up.

Easily the biggest misconception is that models, or other physique-centric personalities look photo-shoot ready year-round.

As blakedaddy said, Brad Pitt looked like an obese hill-billy truck driver when preparing for Fight Club and Troy. Will Smith looked like Chef from South Park (sort of :)) when preparing for Ali where had had to bulk up.

What we see in print or on film is only the "after". We don't see the "during" when they are preparing.

Also, Marc Nelson has big triceps...but he's otherwise not bulky at all if you see him in person.
    Think about this...

if you guys got to watch MTV pimp my ride, that is exactly what happens. A model looks like a beat up tranny car during the off-season and looks like the "pimped" car by the time a photoshoot rolls along. What I like about this show is it shows the transformation process, whereas other modesl focus on all the paparazzi and not the in between process.
  • Marc is always on season. ^_^
    he's also friendly for giving a spot in dumbell press hehe
  • i wonder what brad pitts training routine is.... anybody have any idea? hehehe
    Anon852 wrote:
    i wonder what brad pitts training routine is.... anybody have any idea? hehehe

There are many routines much better than twhat the celebrities use...

What gym do you go to now?
  • its not that there are better routines...well its obvious that their program is effective coz theyre under a good trainer...

routines/ programs are personalized.. it depends on the needs of the person... or how a program will react on a person...

u hav to mix things=) not just copy what ur neibor does=)
    TypeRman wrote:
    its not that there are better routines...well its obvious that their program is effective coz theyre under a good trainer...

routines/ programs are personalized.. it depends on the needs of the person... or how a program will react on a person...

u hav to mix things=) not just copy what ur neibor does=)

You also forget that these celebrities become gym rats when preparing for a role, which may people don't have the luxury to do so.
  • Anon852 wrote:
    i wonder what brad pitts training routine is.... anybody have any idea? hehehe

He basically does heavy basic movements using free weights such as squats, deadlifts, standing military press, pullups, barbell rows, etc and does interval sprints for conditioning. It's basically the same training that all athletes use to bulk up in the off-season, and condition in the pre-season.
  • blakedaddy wrote:
    You also forget that these celebrities become gym rats when preparing for a role, which may people don't have the luxury to do so.

yup theyre paid go work out everyday =) sweet-)
  • TypeRman wrote:
    yup theyre paid go work out everyday =) sweet-)
    yeah like Spidy Boi.
  • and brad pitt's major project bulking up..... TROY=) nice comeback there... kaso nga lang me wonders of drugs ung bulk pero...looks good sa screen=)

well we cant blame him coz its really needed for the film.=)
  • magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bchemist wrote:
    Easily the biggest misconception is that models, or other physique-centric personalities look photo-shoot ready year-round.

Physique-centric?

:confused:
  • Meaning that they are known for their bodies and are expected to be in top shape whenever they are seen. Compare this to Tom Hanks, for example, who is rarely seen shirtless in films.
  • I looked up pictures of Marc Nelson and judging from those pictures I saw, he's not someone I would consider bulky; nor would I call Brad Pitt bulky.

Bulky to me is someone like Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, but even he looks pretty good even though he's a big guy, imo. I am not attracted to huge, muscular men i.e., bulky like Hulk Hogan.

I also looked up Brent Javier and he's a little too skinny for my taste. I prefer Marc Nelson's physique. He's more buff so his body is ideal for me.

Marc Nelson

Marc_Nelson.jpg

Brent Javier

Brent_Javier.jpg
  • hahahahahaaha... good researcher
  • "Compare this to Tom Hanks, for example, who is rarely seen shirtless in films.

did he have a shirt on.. that survivor ltype movie? forgot what its called.